[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hasselbeck

snutch

My guess is that he doesn;t go. He had the same issue as McNabb, but was a week behind him in terms of recovery. I picked up Seneca Wallace for the week, as it is a good matchup against the Jags.

That being said, even if he doesn;t go this week, he's still probably worthy of a pickup.

My guess is that he doesn;t go. He had the same issue as McNabb, but was a week behind him in terms of recovery. I picked up Seneca Wallace for the week, as it is a good matchup against the Jags.

That being said, even if he doesn;t go this week, he's still probably worthy of a pickup.

You do realize their situations are quite different, right? McNabb's was cracked all the way through, nearly broken. My understanding is that it was also a lower rib. Hasselbeck only has a hairline fracture (not nearly as severe as Donovan's) and it's a lower rib. He said right now he's sore after a workout, but he's been practicing this week.

I would say Hasselbeck has a 60% chance to play this week. McNabb is back, having only been injured one week prior to Matt, and his injury was worse.

I gave my opinion, I even qualified it as a "guess."

ETA: I'll add to that Hasselbeck had the back injury last year, that the Chickens might be cautious with him, and thus far, according to Huddle reports, is scheduled for his first practice in two weeks today.

Edited by billay

Regardless of whether he plays, he is definitely worth a pick up in 12 man or 2 QB leagues.

GAME 1 vs. STL - 279 / 3 TDS / 2 INTS

I believe he was injured early in game two and hasn't played since.

Seattle's WR/TE look good

Schedule looks very favorable

I think he is a low one right now for sure

I gave my opinion, I even qualified it as a "guess."

ETA: I'll add to that Hasselbeck had the back injury last year, that the Chickens might be cautious with him, and thus far, according to Huddle reports, is scheduled for his first practice in two weeks today.

Again, the back injury from last year and this injury are 100% unrelated, and this injury has not re-aggravated his bulging disc from last year. He took a helmet directly to his rib. Mine would be cracked too.

One thing I'll say about Matt is that the dude is tough. If he can tolerate the pain and complete passes in practice, he'll play. Other than last year's injury, that's kind of the way it's been with him.

The Seahawks have an incredibly favorable schedule with few tough games to go. They also have a ton of weapons in the offense. Hell, even Branch has looked decent the last couple of weeks (not fantasy-wise, but he's made really good plays).

You guys can listen to Hasselbeck talk about practice in a video here:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seah...blog/index.html

Edited by Medal of Honor

Regardless of whether he plays, he is definitely worth a pick up in 12 man or 2 QB leagues.

GAME 1 vs. STL - 279 / 3 TDS / 2 INTS

I believe he was injured early in game two and hasn't played since.

Seattle's WR/TE look good

Schedule looks very favorable

I think he is a low one right now for sure

He was HOT in preseason too.. sigh he was my backup for rodgers...

Hassel is sitting on waivers cuz I snagged Brett Favre... but once any news of him being ready to go full.. i think ill drop favre for hassel

Hasselbeck is not worth an add if there are any halfway decent options out there. He has been sitting on my WW for three weeks now, and I'm in a Seattle local league! That ought to tell you something. His line is too awful, his team plays too uninspired, and he, contrary to previous posts, doesn't play through injuries anymore. The chances that he has a good rest of the season are slim, and none is walking in the door as we speak.

12 @StL

13 SF

14 @Hou

15 TB

If the team ever turns it around this season, he has a nice schedule up until SB week.

You got it right here. If you have space on your roster and your current QB's are not studs then you gotta get him. If he stays healthy there is no reason he can't be very productive. Heck, if you have space on your roster and you have a stud QB you should get him to stash from other teams.

The buzz here in Seattle is that it looks like Hass is going to play.

Yeah, I've already made the switch. I was hoping I might end up with a better option than Delhomme, or some other chump on the WW. Barring some unforseen setback, it doesn;t look like that is going to happen.

RENTON — Quarterback Matt Hasselbeck is expected to start Sunday's game against Jacksonville, coach Jim Mora said after Hasselbeck completed his third day of practice Friday.

The Seahawks listed Hasselbeck as probable on their weekly injury report, which according to the league's injury-report standards means there is a virtual certainty he will play.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seah..._webhawk09.html

Edited by FordFairlane

Hasselbeck is not worth an add if there are any halfway decent options out there. He has been sitting on my WW for three weeks now, and I'm in a Seattle local league! That ought to tell you something.

Your local league has stingy roster allotments or you and your league mates suck at FF? :wacko:

Hass wasn't a free agent in any of my 5 leagues and was a starter in 3 of them today (benched in favor of Manning in the one league and Warner in the other).

Hasselbeck is not worth an add if there are any halfway decent options out there. He has been sitting on my WW for three weeks now, and I'm in a Seattle local league! That ought to tell you something. His line is too awful, his team plays too uninspired, and he, contrary to previous posts, doesn't play through injuries anymore. The chances that he has a good rest of the season are slim, and none is walking in the door as we speak.

Um............yeah, how's that working out so far today? Hass, when healthy is an every week start.

Hass sitting on the wire? Not worth an add? Free crack at the draft?? Sounds like it!

he's sitting in my starting lineup. :wacko:

Mine as well, pulled him off the wire last week in anticipation of using him this week vs JAX awful pass D, on Rodgers bye week. The only thing wrong with my master plan is that I'm playing against R. White, M. Ryan & TJ Housh in that league, and have Moss, F. Jackson & Mason in my lineup, so I'm getting trounced anyways.

:D