[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The debacle continues at Rams Park

STL Fan

Donnie Avery and Keenan Burton, the de-facto #1 and #2 WR for the Rams both left practice yesterday with hamstring injuries. In the link below, Spagnolo downplayed the severity, calling them "dinged."

But on TV last night (so sorry, no link) one of the better local sportscasters said that his sources tell him that is is "quite possible" that both could miss Sunday's slaughter at the hands of the Vikings.

If that happens (again, speculation) the #1 WR on the team would be Danny Amendola, a street free agent they signed to return kicks a couple weeks ago. It would also leave the Rams with literally only three WR on their roster unless they sign another scrub.

Ol' Kyle Boller's got his work cut out for him, and Steven Jackson is going to see 8 and 9 in the box all damn day.

Vikings 38

Rams 3

Link

It's ruff being a Rams fan sometimes. I'll follow the team news everyday during the off-season and start to get blinded into thinking everything has turned around, then...reality kicks in and I realize we're even worse than last year. So damn hard to swallow sometimes, so hard.

As bad as it's seemed so far, if we keep losing players and the losses continue to pile up, the desire to win will fade and it could get even worse.

How in the hell will the Rams score 3?

I knew someone was going to ask me that! :wacko:

OK, here's how it goes down. Favre is deep in his own territory, throws an ill-advised pass to Rice, who allows it to go off his fingertips and a Rams player who is flat on his back on the ground has the ball land on his chest and somehow stay there for an INT. Then a quick 3-and-out and a field goal.

Easy.

Can't really be much worse, can it? They've been shut out in 50% of their games this year.

That is the astounding part. It is rare to see a shutout. To have 2 come in 4 games is unbelieveable.

I really think the compassionate thing for the Rams to do would be to trade poor SJax and get a bunch of players/picks for him. Of course you have a team to manage and you need people to show up so you can't do that, not to mention that they're in salary cap hell already and a bunch of top picks may turn out to be unsignable.

In one of my survivor pools this year I am picking whoever plays the Rams every week. I'm looking like a winner.

whats the record for most sacks in a game ? Jared Allen may very well break it this weekend

Oh my gosh, I completely forgot about him. Remember that our left tackle Alex Barron was benched by Spags last week in the middle of the game. We're going to have to literally put a tight end on Allen all day or Boller might not make it through the game.

Edited by STL Fan

whats the record for most sacks in a game ? Jared Allen may very well break it this weekend

Team record is 12 sacks, which happened 5 times. http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/records/def/sacks

Individual record is Derrick Thomas with 7. http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/records/indiv/sacks

Edited by Big John

Oh my gosh, I completely forgot about him. Remember that our left tackle Alex Barron was benched by Spags last week in the middle of the game. We're going to have to literally put a tight end on Allen all day or Boller might not make it through the game.

Can't be any worse than the Packer turnstile. :wacko:

How in the hell will the Rams score 3?

Peterson fumble at the 20. :wacko:

I'm really amazed that their OL seems as bad if not even worse (if that's possible) than last year. I thought the upgrades would make a real diff.

But hey take heart STL fans, I have MIN D.