[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fred Taylor to undergo Ankle surgery?

RJV

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4542936

Happened on last play of game..... :wacko:

Time for all the Ben Jarvis Green Ellis talk....

The New England Patriots are preparing for life without their leading rusher, as Fred Taylor's injured right ankle will require surgery, according to a source close to the situation.

The surgery is not expected to sideline Taylor for the season, assuming there are no complications.

Which is it???

Likely because he doesn't touch the ball more than 8-10 times a game.

I think Faulk stays in his current role, and Morris takes over as the back.

Fred wasn't the back before the injury, and Morris won't be the back now. Same roles for everyone, just sub BGE in to Taylor's role. Still little to no value here since they all canel each other out.

Which is it???

The statement "..life without..." is a little misleading

Exactly what they said......they'll be without Taylor for a while, not season ending, that's all we really know.

Fred wasn't the back before the injury, and Morris won't be the back now. Same roles for everyone, just sub BGE in to Taylor's role. Still little to no value here since they all canel each other out.

:wacko:

OK, I'll bite:

Rushing:

Player Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD

Fred Taylor 45 201 4.5 19 2

Laurence Maroney 27 78 2.9 12 0

Kevin Faulk 16 62 3.9 11 0

Sammy Morris 13 41 3.2 15 1

Receiving:

Kevin Faulk 11 72 6.5 16 0

Sammy Morris 9 95 10.6 19 0

Laurence Maroney 3 26 8.7 17 0

Fred Taylor 2 17 8.5 13 0

Total Touches/Yds/TDs:

Taylor: 47...218....2

Maroney 29....104....0

Faulk 27......134.......0

Morris 22.......136......1

Maroney's touches came in the 1st two weeks (17 of the 29), and looks like he is playing his way out of earning more. Taylor gone with an injury. Thats a pretty significant percentage (60.8%) of carries to dole out to what Faulk/Morris already get.

As far as BGE, he hasn't had a carry yet this year...hard to say he is going to leap into the that Taylor had. Your the homer, you might be right. But at 3-1 and tied for the division lead with a tough road game at denver on tap, I have a tough time believing BGE suddenly gets Taylor's 12 touches per game.

Now I do realize that Taylor hasn't been a huge part of anybody's team other than somebody who has been doing some running back scrambling.

Let's see now

Tomlinson - ankle

Gore - ankle

Buckhalter - ankle

Taylor - ankle

where will it end

It will end when you quit picking up running backs with ankles.

You bought Maroney in four leagues last week?

I thought you knew what you were doing? My vision of you has shattered.

Maroney was my 15-20th round pick in several leagues this year just in case he made a comeback like the 2007 end of the season.

:wacko:

OK, I'll bite:

Rushing:

Player Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD

Fred Taylor 45 201 4.5 19 2

Laurence Maroney 27 78 2.9 12 0

Kevin Faulk 16 62 3.9 11 0

Sammy Morris 13 41 3.2 15 1

Receiving:

Kevin Faulk 11 72 6.5 16 0

Sammy Morris 9 95 10.6 19 0

Laurence Maroney 3 26 8.7 17 0

Fred Taylor 2 17 8.5 13 0

Total Touches/Yds/TDs:

Taylor: 47...218....2

Maroney 29....104....0

Faulk 27......134.......0

Morris 22.......136......1

Maroney's touches came in the 1st two weeks (17 of the 29), and looks like he is playing his way out of earning more. Taylor gone with an injury. Thats a pretty significant percentage (60.8%) of carries to dole out to what Faulk/Morris already get.

As far as BGE, he hasn't had a carry yet this year...hard to say he is going to leap into the that Taylor had. Your the homer, you might be right. But at 3-1 and tied for the division lead with a tough road game at denver on tap, I have a tough time believing BGE suddenly gets Taylor's 12 touches per game.

Nobody knows for sure what BB is thinking, and i certainly don't claim to. However, the fact that Maroney was getting carries at all this year, leads me to believe that the Pats were being overly stubborn with trying to get him to be productive. One theory I heard, which makes sense, was that they were trying to save Fragile's carries for Dec and Jan. At 33 he was never going to be a 20 carry guy, but if they could get to the cold weather months with him getting 10-12, then it would be possible to amp him up to 20 if they needed to; to close out a game in the second half.

Now, without Fragile, where do the carries go? Don't kid yourself with Faulk. He is what he is. One of the best 3rd down backs in the league. He'll get his touches, almost all through the Shotgun formation (screens, draws, etc). But he'll never take another handoff from Brady from under center. Just not gonna happen. As for Morris. He's been productive in spurts, but has shown the inability to stay healthy since ho got to NE. If the Pats thought he could handle the every down load, why would they sign Fragile in the first place? Fact is, he can't. I think 15 touches a game is about his limit. So there are carries to be had. The only other RB on the roster is BGE. He put up very nice numbers when given the chance, and because it has almost always been due to injury, he has handled a large workload when he gets any work at all.

This preseason:

29-125-3 with 4-22 catching

Preseason, I know. Doesn't mean anything. But no other back on the roster gets 33 touches, or even half that.

2008 in a 4 game span he put up the following:

63 - 243 (3.9 ypc) - 4 TDs

15 carries per game is more than Fragile averaged this season.

I'm not saying he'll take over full time. I'm saying there won't be a full-time back. Between the 3 you'll get 30+ touches per game, and i wouldn't be surprised to see them split 8-10-12, and whoever has the hot hand that game, gets more.

As an add on to the point that BGE hasn't has a carry this year. On the radio On Monday in Boston, BB was interviewed and was asked about the healthy scratch of Galloway against the Ravens. His answer, in BB fashion, just said they wanted to get the players on the field that could help the team win the most, blah, blah, blah. But when pressed about the healthy scratch portion a second time, BB replied that he'd like to get all his healthy players on the field, but they're only allowed so many on the active roster. He then said, "I'd love to get Benjarvis in the game..." I think BB likes the way this guy runs the ball. He's the anti-Maroney. He sees a hole and hits it. Hard. He's a north-south guy with a little burst and a little power. Take it for what it's worth, but I think we'll be seeing him soon enough.

Morris: 17 rushes, 68 yards. 3 receptions, 39 yards.

13.7 fantasy points against a tough Denver defense.....I expect Morris to produce the sames stats or better this week, and find the endzone.

BTW: with Morris, Maroney, Faulk and Edelman playing, BGE was deactivated. :wacko: