[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Opinions on a liquor order

whomper

At the club I bartend at we have a martini bar with a big menu listed next to it. About a month ago a photographer that was working one of the weddings took a picture of the menu and came up to me and asked me if I bartended private parties. I said yes and he said he wanted to do a Martini bar just like the one we offered at the club. I told him no problem and he gave me his card. I called him a few weeks later and we hammered out the details. He asked me to list for him the liquor and things he was going to need to buy. The guy said his crowd is a pretty heavy drinking crowd that will be doing Vodka mixed drinks as well as the Martinis. The Martini Menu is pretty girly which was his request. These are the martinis we are offering and below that is the list I told him he would need to bring. Keep in mind he wanted to be authentic to the list at the club so if it was a specialty vodka that is what he wanted . he didnt want regular vodka for everything. If it called for Vanilla vodka that is what he wanted to use. He will have about 25-30 people and will also have wine available. I told him I would provide the dry vermouth, Creme de Cacao and Triple sec since I have a ton of it and dont mind helping him out that way. I know it is difficult because we dont know the crowd that will; be there but looking below do you think we are over or under ordering or does it look good ?

1. Cosmopolitan- Citron Flavored Vodka, Triple sec, Fresh Lime Juice, Cranberry Juice

2. Apple Martini- Vodka, sour apple mix

3. Chocolate Martini- Vanilla Vodka, Dark Cream de Cacao, Godiva Liqueur

4. Pomegranate Martini- Citron Vodka, Triple Sec, Pomegranate Juice, Splash of Pineapple juice

5. Vodka Martini- Vodka, Dry Vermouth, olives

6. Rasberry French- Vodka, Creme de Cassis, Pineapple Juice

Citron Vodka 2 Bottles

Vanilla Vodka 1 Bottle (big)

Regular Vodka 2 Bottles( if you want mixed drinks too get big bottles)

Creme De Cassis 1 Bottle

Sour apple martini mix 1 Big Bottle

Godiva Liqueur 2 Bottles (these bottles are small)

Pineapple Juice 1 big bottle

Cranberry Juice 2 Bottles (just straight cranberry juice , No cran/apple or cran mixed with anything else)

Pomegranate 2 Bottles (Just straight Pomegranate Juice, No pom /apple or Pom mixed with anything else)

Fresh Lime juice (depends how big they are get 1 or 2 big ones or 3-4 if they are the real small ones)

3 limes , 3 oranges , 3 lemons , Big Jar of red Maraschino Cherries , big jar of green olives

Like I said before the wine is up to you . You know your crowd. Get red and white as many bottles as you think you may need.

OK, let me see if my brain is quasi-functioning yet.

IIRC, you should get 28-32 shots out of a quart of liquor. For my purposes, let's go with 28 (I pour heavy). With 5 bottles of vodka (flavored and unflavored) as the basis for drinks and assuming 1 shot per drink, you would have enough vodka for 140 martinis (28 x 5). If there are 30 people that's enough vodka for everyone to have three martinis plus 20 people get to have a fourth. That doesn't count mixed drinks.

I'm thinking you may be a bit short if people want to get toasted.

Edited by Kid Cid

OK, let me see if my brain is quasi-functioning yet.

IIRC, you should get 28-32 shots out of a quart of liquor. For my purposes, let's go with 28 (I pour heavy). With 5 bottles of vodka (flavored and unflavored) as the basis for drinks and assuming 1 shot per drink, you would have enough vodka for 140 martinis (28 x 5). If there are 30 people that's enough vodka for everyone to have three martinis plus 20 people get to have a fourth. That doesn't count mixed drinks.

I'm thinking you may be a bit short if people want to get toasted.

Good post. I figure there will be a percentage of wine drinkers that will cut into the Martini pours/ Vodka pours and there will also be heavy drinkers to balance that out. I am going to bring some back up in case we run short. Where would you add ? I assume straight vodka. Citron i said 2 bottles because it goes in 2 of the Tinis. Vanilla 1 because it is just in 1 drink and I can pour light because the Creme de cacao and godiva get a decent count.

Good post. I figure there will be a percentage of wine drinkers that will cut into the Martini pours/ Vodka pours and there will also be heavy drinkers to balance that out. I am going to bring some back up in case we run short. Where would you add ? I assume straight vodka. Citron i said 2 bottles because it goes in 2 of the Tinis. Vanilla 1 because it is just in 1 drink and I can pour light because the Creme de cacao and godiva get a decent count.

Yeah, the straight vodka is where I'd bump it up. Most people probably won't get to the third martini but if they are drinking vodka drinks then four, five, or six is not out of the question.

• 3 weeks later...