[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Greatest quote in the history

STL Fan

Talking about Ronnie Brown:

'When I stand behind him the day of the game and he's got those white pants on and I see that powerful engine, I say to myself, 'That guy is ready to go,' - Offensive Coordinator Dan Henning

Not that there's anything wrong with that . . . :wacko:

My all time favorite quote is a Green Bay RB..can't remember who at this moment but it went alittle something like this: "Those balls were slippery. I've never felt such a slippier set of balls".

Ahman Green perhaps???

Probably. I remember one game in the rain, he had two or three fumbles... all resulting from him wearing slick rubber bands on his elbows.

Probably. I remember one game in the rain, he had two or three fumbles... all resulting from him wearing slick rubber bands on his elbows.

Actually, some of Green's fumbling issues were attributed not to armbands, but rather an overabundance of sweat ... snippets of an ESPN.com article from a few years back:

Green's constant sweat leading to fumbles

By Greg Garber

ESPN.com

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Frankly, this is a little weird.

The Bristol, Conn.-based reporter and producer have flown halfway across the country to sit in this dark television studio in the bowels of Lambeau Field -- through the wall, you can hear the forklifts carrying Sunday's peanuts and popcorn -- and chat with the Green Bay Packers about, about … what?

About Ahman Green's phenomenal ability to sweat, that's what.

"Man, I can't believe I'm answering questions about a man's sweat," said fullback William Henderson, a good friend of Green's.

Said head coach Mike Sherman, "You guys are making too big a deal about this."

But Sylvester Croom, the Packers' running back coach, observed, "If it's a problem in his mind, it's a problem."

When you carry the football for a living, anything that prevents you from holding on to it can be considered career-threatening. Thus, the daunting dilemma of Green.

There is only one downside: Green has fumbled the football 15 times, losing it 11 times.

Depending on who you talk to, this is because: 1) Green has a condition that may well be hyperhidrosis, the overproduction of sweat or; 2) He simply doesn't protect the ball properly or, more likely; 3) The combination of the two above creates even more anxiety than the impending impact of several converging tacklers.

Sweat, in a historic sense, is seen as a good thing -- unless it has lingered for too long. It is the natural residue, the reward, of effort. In Green's case, however, it is most definitely a bad thing.

For the record, Green does not acknowledge sweat as a factor in his fumbling.

"That's an excuse," he said stoically. "I really don't think it's an issue."

Since the subject became something of an issue in Green Bay earlier this season, people have tended to make light of Green's plight. Variations on "no sweat" jokes have been the unfortunate knee-jerk response. And, to a degree, someone who sweats profusely is hardly a tragic figure; the image of health guru Richard Simmons sweating to the oldies with a cast of less-than-svelte followers does comes to mind -- despite all conscious efforts to shut it out.

... "I certainly don't want to fumble, but there's a lot of things that factor in," Green said. "I sweat profusely. That made it a little tougher.

Sherman seemed willing accept the explanation.

"I don't think (fumbles are) anything that we're forced to live with," Sherman said. "Knowing that his body sweats so profusely like his does, it's a problem. He protected the ball better as the game went along.

"We're trying everything possible. He's got sleeves on both arms. He changes his jersey, but five minutes later, he's soaking wet again. It's something we've just got to continue to work with."

Green wears a special absorbent t-shirt, as well as sleeves that cover his forearms; he changed his jersey four times against the Falcons and took fluids intravenously to fight cramps and dehydration.

... later, Sherman was asked about Green's prodigious propensity to sweat.

"Let's be honest about it," Sherman said. "We used the sweat thing and now we're done with that one.

"He needs to secure that football like it's his first-born son."

If you could do me a favor and call me tonight and repeat that to me but use a Cuban accent and call me Captain Sugarpants, I'd be appreciative

If we were in a league together, and your number was posted on you team page, I would have. Drunker than snot to boot.