[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unbelievable Win

theprofessor

One of the most incredible late game turnarounds that you will ever see! Shows the character that the new staff has instilled in those kids. Arizona is a damn good team! They have a young QB who plays with a ton of poise and a slew of WR talent that might be unmatched anywhere in the collegiate ranks. Take away the bad call in ND last week that cost us the winning TD and we are sitting 4-2 right now.

I was so frustrated by our inability to stop the short passing game of the Wildcats that I stopped and deleted the recording with 6:00 minutes left in the 4th quarter :wacko:

I would agree with you if I did not have a nephew - recruited by the team as a linebacker - and who left the team because of the coach. The story I was told is that no one respects the coach very much.

After leaving Arizona, my nephew earned his way onto the national rugby team. He is no slouch.

I said I was sorry that I read it wrong, probably before you even read what I wrote. What more do you want?

I meant no disrespect, I was just curious?

Sorry about your nephew's poor experience at U of A. I'm sure there are hundreds of stories like that at every program in the country where a student athlete feels slighted and treated poorly by a member of the coaching staff. Nice to hear that your nephew achieved some success elsewhere.

One of the most incredible late game turnarounds that you will ever see! Shows the character that the new staff has instilled in those kids. Arizona is a damn good team! They have a young QB who plays with a ton of poise and a slew of WR talent that might be unmatched anywhere in the collegiate ranks. Take away the bad call in ND last week that cost us the winning TD and we are sitting 4-2 right now.

I was so frustrated by our inability to stop the short passing game of the Wildcats that I stopped and deleted the recording with 6:00 minutes left in the 4th quarter :D

save it Prof, 4-2? :wacko: you have the ballz to actually type that after that debacle Saturday? UW was DOMINATED by UA the entire game and ended up winning the game bc of a BLOWN call - the ball hit the turf, clearly, mind boggling to me that they missed it -

UA settled for too many FG when a TD puts the game away - and in reality it should have been a blowout, UA has become good at blowing games tho. I have watched the play many times and it is clear the ball hit the turf.

just ridiculous

save it Prof, 4-2? :D you have the ballz to actually type that after that debacle Saturday? UW was DOMINATED by UA the entire game and ended up winning the game bc of a BLOWN call - the ball hit the turf, clearly, mind boggling to me that they missed it -

UA settled for too many FG when a TD puts the game away - and in reality it should have been a blowout, UA has become good at blowing games tho. I have watched the play many times and it is clear the ball hit the turf.

just ridiculous

Hit the turf? :D there's your blind homerism coming out :wacko: The ball never hit the turf I played it back and the call was correct. Watch it again but take those U of A glasses off first. The huskies won the game because they never quit and made the plays when they had to.make them. I will agree that Arizona outplayed the Huskies in the 2nd half (not the entire game :D ) and it was a very frustrating game as a Husky fan to watch ifor most of the 2nd half.

UA didn't "settle" :D for TD's, as you suggest, the Huskies stopped them time after time. The problem with the UA offensive plan of running bubble screens all night was that when the field shortened they had nothing else and the Huskies shut them down time after time. "Settle" :2cents: get real. - Holt's defensive backfield was so decimated by injuries that he felt he couldn't press the 3 WR look because he was worried about giving up the big play. The one time they did "press" it was the game changer as your QB turned to deliver the throw and saw the Huskies DB's in the WR's face which made him double clutch and throw the ball into the FEET of their WR, which ultimately cost them the game. Great comeback win for my Dawgs!

Hit the turf? :D there's your blind homerism coming out :wacko: The ball never hit the turf I played it back and the call was correct. Watch it again but take those U of A glasses off first. The huskies won the game because they never quit and made the plays when they had to.make them. I will agree that Arizona outplayed the Huskies in the 2nd half (not the entire game :D ) and it was a very frustrating game as a Husky fan to watch ifor most of the 2nd half.

UA didn't "settle" :D for TD's, as you suggest, the Huskies stopped them time after time. The problem with the UA offensive plan of running bubble screens all night was that when the field shortened they had nothing else and the Huskies shut them down time after time. "Settle" :2cents: get real. - Holt's defensive backfield was so decimated by injuries that he felt he couldn't press the 3 WR look because he was worried about giving up the big play. The one time they did "press" it was the game changer as your QB turned to deliver the throw and saw the Huskies DB's in the WR's face which made him double clutch and throw the ball into the FEET of their WR, which ultimately cost them the game. Great comeback win for my Dawgs!

:D

I am still sick over that game - UA kicked the crap outta UW - granted they left points on the field but dayum nothing is more frustrating than watching your team lose a game like that - I can take when a team is outplayed but not losing like that - brutal

Ball Hit The Turf

:wacko:

I am still sick over that game - UA kicked the crap outta UW - granted they left points on the field but dayum nothing is more frustrating than watching your team lose a game like that - I can take when a team is outplayed but not losing like that - brutal

Ball Hit The Turf

I understand your frustration as U of A was moving the ball between the 20's, at will, in the 2nd half. Your "kicked the crap" comment is a bit of a stretch considering your team lost the game. Your link didn't substantiate a bad call, either did the comments. That ball did not hit the turf ..... the replay confirmed it and you could definately tell by the way the ball deflected off his shoe.

save it Prof, 4-2? :D you have the ballz to actually type that after that debacle Saturday? UW was DOMINATED by UA the entire game and ended up winning the game bc of a BLOWN call - the ball hit the turf, clearly, mind boggling to me that they missed it -

just ridiculous

BTW, The loss my Huskies handed your squad Saturday might not have happened if your LB wouldn't have tried to prove what a Bad A$$ he was by hitting our WR over the middle waaay late and then standing over him like a PU$$. Your boys got what they deserved! Karma baby! :wacko:

Edited by theprofessor

I understand your frustration as U of A was moving the ball between the 20's, at will, in the 2nd half. Your "kicked the crap" comment is a bit of a stretch considering your team lost the game. Your link didn't substantiate a bad call, either did the comments. That ball did not hit the turf ..... the replay confirmed it and you could definately tell by the way the ball deflected off his shoe.

Jumping in at a late date, but having been at the game, and clearly judging by the lots of early leavers after UA kicked the FG to go up 33-21, I would say that the Huskies were getting their azz handed to them. The same way they handed ND their azz the weekend before, but couldn't seal the deal. Arizona suffered the same fate.

The bottom line is that this team is 3-3 and 2-1 in the Pac-10 with another monster game this weekend in the desert. Things are starting to bounce the dawgs way and we should all be thankful for that!

I agree. Arizona has a very good football team. I'm not sure if they have a lot of players returning or not but Stoops has something special there. Their OC from Texas Tech has definately brought in a great scheme to fit the talent that they have at the skill positions but I think if they would make their running game more of a priority they would be more successful in the red zone. They definately have a lot of depth at RB they just need to use it a little more IMO.

Huge game for the Huskies on the road this week as I think this game has huge bowl implications for them and after last years debacle it makes me feel great that I can even bring up the word "bowl". :wacko:

Jumping in at a late date, but having been at the game, and clearly judging by the lots of early leavers after UA kicked the FG to go up 33-21, I would say that the Huskies were getting their azz handed to them. The same way they handed ND their azz the weekend before, but couldn't seal the deal. Arizona suffered the same fate.

The bottom line is that this team is 3-3 and 2-1 in the Pac-10 with another monster game this weekend in the desert. Things are starting to bounce the dawgs way and we should all be thankful for that!

nice level headed post from a Husky - werd! UW was fortunate as hell to win that game - no question about it. it always amazes me when teams have alot of breaks go their way or are flat out lucky to get a W and they run their mouth about it. Similar to a couple ND fans I have that felt that way after the UW game - no chit talking just appreciative that they escaped with the W.

Prof - the reason UA couldn't run the ball better is Nwoko is their 3rd string back and both Grigsby and the #2 were injured -

moving on - I will be at Sun Devil Stadium Sat night enjoying a warm night game, drinks and hot chicks all over the place cheering on UW to dummy ASU to a pulp!!!

Prof - the reason UA couldn't run the ball better is Nwoko is their 3rd string back and both Grigsby and the #2 were injured -

moving on - I will be at Sun Devil Stadium Sat night enjoying a warm night game, drinks and hot chicks all over the place cheering on UW to dummy ASU to a pulp!!!

I don't think you miss much as Nwoko is pretty impressive. The kid looked like a beast when he ran through our DB at the 3 yard line but after that we did a good job holding him to less than 3 yards a carry after the 12 yard TD run. From what I remember Grigsby carried the ball 5-6 times with no success before he got hurt? Hey, I'll say it again .... the Huskies got outplayed for 2/3's of that game and the Wildcats were very impressive. I was as shocked as anyone to watch the turnaround in that game and all I have said was that the Huskies competed and never gave up. They created the break that turned the game around.

I'm envious that your going to be watching the game in the 90 degree weather, with some of the hottest coeds in the country all around. I have a feeling you might miss a few key plays :wacko: The huskies need this one very badly this weekend if they are going to become bowl eligible with Cal, OSU, UCLA and Oregon still on their slate.

UW = 34 ASU = 30