[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Philly homers

HowboutthemCowboys

Not a Philly homer and no special insight other than my own gut feeling - but I ain't buying it, at least not long term. Might be the caser today if and only if Eagles get out to a big lead as expected. But in a close game, I cannot see why they would split 50/50 - what can McCoy do that Westbrook cannot do? It would make at least a little sense to me if they were complementary backs, but since they seem to have similar skill sets, and I gotta' believe Westbrook is better at certain aspects (blitz pickups, etc.), it would seem that Westbrook would be getting more playing time and more touches in a close divisional game, for example.

It's being reported that the 2 backs will have a 50 - 50 split today.

Are any of you buying it, or will Westbrook carry the load? Any thoughts / gut feelings appreciated.

Today will be 50/50 if for no other reason game will be outta reach by mid 3rd and mcoy will get all 4th quarter carries, but going forward it will all depend on how much Big Red trusts mcoy and how well he hands his blocking assignments on the blitz pick up. But don't be surprised if you start seeing them both on the field at the same time the rooks got some serious talent and can make people miss like westy no longer can. I aint mad at ya bwest but your always dinged up

Mornhinweg said this week that the one-back era is over. Welcome to the party Marty... He didn't go into what the split would be going forward but I would imagine 10-12 touches for McCoy.

In other news; Maclin is starting in place of Curtis.

You Eagles fans are a disgrace for answering an Eagles related question posted by a guy named Hoboutthemcowboys, and with a Dodgers avatar. :wacko:

But he lives in Eagles country so we give him a pass :D

Besides no one said our "advice" was accurate :D

what can McCoy do that Westbrook cannot do?

Stay healthy? Westbrook isn't 100%, and has a history of being dinged. Last year they didn't have great options to let him rest and get close to 100% and it showed in the playoffs. Why not let a perfectly capable McCoy come in against one of the leagues worst? Let Westbrook get some touches to keep his timing and what not, but Westbrook being completely healthy should be a priority.

Stay healthy? Westbrook isn't 100%, and has a history of being dinged. Last year they didn't have great options to let him rest and get close to 100% and it showed in the playoffs. Why not let a perfectly capable McCoy come in against one of the leagues worst? Let Westbrook get some touches to keep his timing and what not, but Westbrook being completely healthy should be a priority.

Sounds awesome since I'm rolling McCoy out in three leagues today due to injuries / byes. :wacko: