[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just looked at CLE stats

CaP'N GRuNGe

Imagine winning with that passing stat...

Imagine Anderson's post-game interview: "Well, as long as we get the win, I'm okay with that."

Yeah, RIGHT!!! :wacko:

Edited by Chargerz

Picked Anderson up in multiple leagues this week... luckily, I only started him in one. :D With Calvin doing nothing, and Rodgers/Driver/Gates/Gore all out with byes/injuries, I pretty much assume this week was a loss, either way. Still, 2/17 is brutal... maybe he isn't any better than Quinn. :wacko:

Picked Anderson up in multiple leagues this week... luckily, I only started him in one. :D With Calvin doing nothing, and Rodgers/Driver/Gates/Gore all out with byes/injuries, I pretty much assume this week was a loss, either way. Still, 2/17 is brutal... maybe he isn't any better than Quinn. :wacko:

With those numbers, it's likely Cleveland wouldn't have been worse off if they had simply run the ball every down of the game.

With those numbers, it's likely Cleveland wouldn't have been worse off if they had simply run the ball every down of the game.

Before today's games, I said that the Giants would be able to do just that, and still win easily today. Little did I know that it would be the Browns who would be able to do so. :wacko:

For those of us that didn't watch the game and only saw the stat line.

Link

Cleveland Browns coach Mangini will stick with Derek Anderson

By Mary Kay Cabot

October 12, 2009, 5:03PM

BEREA, Ohio -- Browns coach Eric Mangini said Monday he's sticking with quarterback Derek Anderson despite his 2-of-17 performance for 23 yards and a 15.1 rating.

"DA will continue to start,'' Mangini said without hesitation. He attributed the poor stats vs. the Bills in part to as many as nine dropped passes.

"I'm not sure what the official number was, but it was way too high,'' Mangini said. He said wind played a part in it, "some of the throws could've been better, some of them were not looking the ball into the tuck, some throws were right on target.''

He vowed that the team will "wear out'' the JUGS pass-catching machine and will get "a lot of balls from DA.''

He said despite the wind -- which probably meant extra zip on some balls -- "there were some touch balls we should've looked in.''

But even the defense has acknowledged it's been energized by Anderson.

"Well, you know DA brought that spark,'' he said. "You know DA can make every throw on that field. It's good knowing that if you give the offense the opportunity to get on the field more than enough times, they'll be able to move the ball and create some points.''

Edited by Riffraff

I was listening to my local radio sports talk shows on the way home from work today and they actually found 2 QB's with worse QB ratings with wins.

Anderson had a 15 rating

On Nov. 14, 1976, Norm Snead of the New York Giants posted a 0.0 passer rating by going 3-for-14 for 26 yards with two picks in a 12-9 victory over Washington".

On 12/3/06 Grossman had a 1.3 rating in a win on a 6 for 19 for 34 yards with 3 INT day

Anderson I think had the lowest number of completions for any winning QB that threw over 15 passes

Also Anderson's 23 yards may very well be the lowest ever by a winning QB to throw 15 or more passes

Ryan Leaf once went 1 for 15 for 4 yards