[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did Dallas just win the superbowl?

Shorttynaz

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pretty much hate the Cowboys and think this is a lame thread. Last I checked, things weren't so rosy in Cowboy land. When things aren't rosy, you get fired up when something good happens, especially something as dramatic as a 60 yd TD catch and run (especially, as noted when it is done by a kid who just had a career day and carried your team).

Dude, it's a freaking game.

The funny thing about this whole thread is that the Cowboys give those of us who don't like them so much easy to pick fruit to go with. There's just no need to waste your time looking for things that aren't there.

I pretty much hate the Cowboys and think this is a lame thread. Last I checked, things weren't so rosy in Cowboy land. When things aren't rosy, you get fired up when something good happens, especially something as dramatic as a 60 yd TD catch and run (especially, as noted when it is done by a kid who just had a career day and carried your team).

Dude, it's a freaking game.

The funny thing about this whole thread is that the Cowboys give those of us who don't like them so much easy to pick fruit to go with. There's just no need to waste your time looking for things that aren't there.

Just givin the Boys crew a lil of the same unsophisticated criticism they so often dish out.

Like you said, the bait within this thread was pretty lame....yet the fishies came feeding anyway. If they are biting, you bet I'm casting a line :wacko:

Just givin the Boys crew a lil of the same unsophisticated criticism they so often dish out.

Like you said, the bait within this thread was pretty lame....yet the fishies came feeding anyway. If they are biting, you bet I'm casting a line :D

:wacko:

i counted 10 non-cowboys fans in this thread who said the original post was weak. and doesn't seem to me that Shorttynaz was fishing.

Like you said, the bait within this thread was pretty lame....yet the fishies came feeding anyway. If they are biting, you bet I'm casting a line :wacko:

Thing is, it looks like at least half the people saying it's a stupid post aren't Cowboy fans.

And as tired as I am of a half dozen "State of The Cowboys" threads that get started each week, I'm not seeing a whole lot of confidence or criticism coming from them. They're all too busy lamenting the fact that their once proud franchise sucks ass and is gutless from the top down. I just don't see the sport when they don't even deny 90% of the crap that gets said.

You Cowboys fans are WAY too defensive about your mediocre (at best) team. Too many Cowboys fans defending their team like they're the greatest team to walk the face of the earth. This isn't the 90s anymore. Anyway...

I wasn't at all taking a shot at the Cowboys when I posted this thread - just after I watched the team rush the endzone (as college teams do) as if they just beat the #1 team in the nation.

What I am accustomed to seeing I suppose is the players on the sidelines all excited and taking the celebration into the locker room. The players on the field usually stay out there and congratulate the other players that were on the field as time expired. Coaches come out and congratulate the other coaching staff.

That however is not what I witnessed yesterday. I just thought the celebration was quite excessive after beating a bad winless (and still winless) team.

I'm a Cowboy fan and will be the first to tell you that they played horribly. It took everything they had and OT to defeat a very bad Kansas City team. If Dallas could play up to the talent they should have done to KC what the Giants did to Oakland. When the Cowboys have to play a real team (Giants and Philadelphia to name a couple) it will be ugly. If I'm the coach of the Cowboys I am happy to get the win (after all nobody gets extra credit for quality wins and nobody gets penalized for ugly wins) but am very pissed at the level of play.

Having said that how much worse would this team be if they weren't emotionally invested in the game. Whether or not KC was a worthy foe and whether or not Dallas should have dominated the game ... the bottom line is it was a very hard fought game and was won on a very exciting/big play by a player filling in for a starter. If that doesn't generate an emotional response from your team then I would venture a guess that you don't have much of a team.