[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Give all teams the same Bye week!

rocknrobn26

One Bye week for all at Midseason...  

60 members have voted

1. 1. The NFL should have one Bye week (Midseason/World Series week)

• YES one week for all.
    • No leave it alone.
    • Puddy
    • Other (State your opinion)

I hate Bye weeks. If parity is what the NFL wants a single week would be the fairest. Mid season/at the same time as the World Series.

Just curious....

What say yall?

I hate Bye weeks. If parity is what the NFL wants a single week would be the fairest. Mid season/at the same time as the World Series.

Just curious....

What say yall?

I like the idea. All teams on BYE the same week. As RR said, its the fairest way to go. :wacko:

Make it Week 9 and I will be really happy as that is firearms deer opener here in MN and that is one weekend I dont want to be worrying about lineups, etc...

How about splitting up the bye weeks across two weeks. Give the AFC a week off one week and the NFC the next, or have the North/South conferences off one week and the East/West the next.

I think having a bye in week 4 is too early.

How about splitting up the bye weeks across two weeks. Give the AFC a week off one week and the NFC the next, or have the North/South conferences off one week and the East/West the next. Not bad! i likie that!

I think having a bye in week 4 is too early. Nod!

How about no bye week ... add a couple of teams if that's what is needed to even out the scheduling ... or drop a couple of teams ... OAK & STL come to mind.

Easy, there slick. Why would you drop the Rams or Raiders? Both have solid fanbases and are in good-sized TV markets. Just because they're not good right now? The Rams were in the Super Bowl in 2002 and won the division in 2003.

As for byes, keep in mind that the real reason for bye weeks is not to give the teams a rest, the league couldn't care less about that. It is designed to get an extra week of televised games and all that revenue.

Nothing against the towns or the fans, rather a means to avoid my being tempted to draft any player from either team for my FF squads in the near term future.

In your head on draft night:

"I'm heading to the draft board to take Run DMC. Someone please stop me. I need a 12-step program or something."

they should add another bye week so that everyone has 2 weeks off also get rid of one pre-season game.

have every team get a bye in week 3-9 and another in 8-16.

viola we have 18 weeks of football instead of 17

Edited by rai

have every team get a bye in week 3-9 and another in 8-16.
Week 16 is too late in the season, even if there are 18 weeks. You'd still run the risk of a team already clenching a playoff spot, first round bye, and/or home field advantage and giving them a late week off to rest up.

wasn't there a year when some team had their bye in week one due to there being 31 teams in the league ???

i think week one is too early for a bye

That happened for 3 years. (1999-2001)

Edited by Big John

I'd like to see the bye is weeks 7 - 10 or 8 - 11. 2 divisions, 1 division from each conference, take the week off.

The divisions would rotate the bye week each year: e.g. week 7 in 2010, week 8 in 2011, week 9 in 2012, week 10 in 2013, and back to week 7 in 2014

Edited by The Irish Doggy

How about splitting up the bye weeks across two weeks. Give the AFC a week off one week and the NFC the next, or have the North/South conferences off one week and the East/West the next.

I think having a bye in week 4 is too early.

They had a caller on Sirius NFL Radio a couple weeks ago mention this (you maybe?).

The reason this will never fly quite simply is TV money. Different networks have bid for specific conferences and to have a whole week where there are no games for either the AFC or NFC is something the networks just will not agree to. And since those network contracts are the huge driving source of revenue, the NFL will absolutely structure the byes to accomodate their concerns.

I like the idea too. It'll never happen though.

In one I have 11 players on bye this week.

My entire starting backfield was on a bye in AOTAOP ( I start 3 rbs) . The Fred Taylor news breaks and I am stuck starting Peyton Hillis

Edited by whomper

In one I have 11 players on bye this week.

My entire starting backfield was on a bye in AOTAOP ( I start 3 rbs) . The Fred Taylor news breaks and I am stuck starting Peyton Hillis

Y'all need to draft a little better. :wacko:

In the interests of full disclosure, both my QBs were on bye in one league this week so I ended up dredging the WW for Shaun Hill. Didn't turn out too bad but I still got hammered.