[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jerome Harrison

eags

all the so called experts had this guy on top of the waiver list. i was even watching ff now on sunday and that nit wit said he still loved harrison even though lewis was playing. i'm done with these bums! anyone can watch the previous weeks games and write down who has a good week then add them to their free agent pickup list. gee let me guess who will be on the top of the list this week? maclin, collie maybe? the huddle actually has matt ryan and matt hasselbeck as no brainers on their free agent forecast. no crap! even if them two are on anyones waiver wire, they only put them there because they had a great week. as of sunday though, the experts were telling you to be carefull with starting hasselbeck. i'm pissed!

Anyone with half a brain in their head thought Harrison would have a solid game. Jamal had practiced once in the last 2 weeks, is old and slow and Mangini has done nothing but stroke Harrison to the media. Fatboy's decision to give Jamal 30+ carries came completely out of nowhere and was not even in the realm of predictability - neither was DA's inability to so much as connect with little checkdown dump passes against the vaunted Buffalo Bills defense.

I fault no expert for recommending you play Harrison or anyone for listening to them. I fault (i) the wind and (ii) Mangini. It's not like the "experts" have insights to the inner workings of Mangini's retarded mind . . .

At least Massaquoi was targetted a few times and will continue to start as their WR1.

Harrison was bad.

Half of Harrison's value comes from his involvement in the passing game - he was as much a victim of DAs general suckiness than anyone else. If the passing game were clicking at all, I assume they wouldn't have resorted to running the ball 40 times (30 times with Jamal) and Harrison would've been more involved overall.

Half of Harrison's value comes from his involvement in the passing game - he was as much a victim of DAs general suckiness than anyone else. If the passing game were clicking at all, I assume they wouldn't have resorted to running the ball 40 times (30 times with Jamal) and Harrison would've been more involved overall.

True, but it doesn't look good if the other RB gets the rock 3-4 times more than you.

I spent $500 on Massaquoi and I started him over Heath Miller and lost my game because of it...had I not got Massaquoi I would have won. So let me recap I spent 1/2 my FA money for the year on a guy who caught me 1 pass for 16 yards and lost a game because of it in a league where only 2 out of 12 make the playoffs and I am 3-2 instead of 4-1 now.

Ya I think that qualifies as worse

I spent $500 on Massaquoi and I started him over Heath Miller and lost my game because of it...had I not got Massaquoi I would have won. So let me recap I spent 1/2 my FA money for the year on a guy who caught me 1 pass for 16 yards and lost a game because of it in a league where only 2 out of 12 make the playoffs and I am 3-2 instead of 4-1 now.

So let me get this straight, if you got Harrison instead of Massaquioi (lets assume) and you lose because of Harrison, THEN Harrison would be worst.

You spent half of your FA money for the year on a guy who had 1 good game under his belt . . . ever? Wow.

So let me get this straight, if you got Harrison instead of Massaquioi (lets assume) and you lose because of Harrison, THEN Harrison would be worst.

elementary

Who here thinks Jamal Lewis won't get hurt again and/or won't finish out the season as the primary back?

I picked up Harrison on a recommendation here after week 3 & he paid big dividends. Last week I started him again because I didn't think Lewis would play. Oh well, kicking myself for making the wrong decision, but happy I got a player who I know has a good shot to produce later in the season.

Edited by rajncajn

all the so called experts had this guy on top of the waiver list. i was even watching ff now on sunday and that nit wit said he still loved harrison even though lewis was playing. i'm done with these bums! anyone can watch the previous weeks games and write down who has a good week then add them to their free agent pickup list. gee let me guess who will be on the top of the list this week? maclin, collie maybe? the huddle actually has matt ryan and matt hasselbeck as no brainers on their free agent forecast. no crap! even if them two are on anyones waiver wire, they only put them there because they had a great week. as of sunday though, the experts were telling you to be carefull with starting hasselbeck. i'm pissed!

what is wrong with that line of reasoning? guy is coming back from a rib injury...could be rusty etc....i will always say to be careful when starting a player coming off of an injury...harldly makes it a bad call....if you dont have a better perceived option then you roll with hass :wacko:

thing is if you project players in FF you get creamed when you get it wrong but if you get it right you hear nary a peep...I rated Quintin Mikell a 5 star play in my column this week...sorta got called out on it and explained my reasoning...in the end I was wrong...but I also said to be careful with Piscitelli (1 solo) and Elam (1 solo, 1 assist) ...Piscitelli ranked 15th and Elam ranked 6th among DBs thru 4 weeks so those werent exactly easy calls to make....and I didn't get any pats on the back and that is ok but I bet if one of those guys went off and someone didnt start them based on what I said I sure as heck would have heard about it...FF is an inexact science and until you understand that you will continue to blame others for your misfortunes.

If I had told you Massaquoi would have half of all of Anderson's completions in the game, you'd still have started him. It's too bad he only completed 2.

Edited by CaptainHook

what is wrong with that line of reasoning? guy is coming back from a rib injury...could be rusty etc....i will always say to be careful when starting a player coming off of an injury...harldly makes it a bad call....if you dont have a better perceived option then you roll with hass :wacko:

thing is if you project players in FF you get creamed when you get it wrong but if you get it right you hear nary a peep...I rated Quintin Mikell a 5 star play in my column this week...sorta got called out on it and explained my reasoning...in the end I was wrong...but I also said to be careful with Piscitelli (1 solo) and Elam (1 solo, 1 assist) ...Piscitelli ranked 15th and Elam ranked 6th among DBs thru 4 weeks so those werent exactly easy calls to make....and I didn't get any pats on the back and that is ok but I bet if one of those guys went off and someone didnt start them based on what I said I sure as heck would have heard about it...FF is an inexact science and until you understand that you will continue to blame others for your misfortunes.

i will continue to blame others when i PAY those others to give their insight. also why bother saying, "be carefull starting" this guy or that guy when you know all it is gonna do is tell people to "sit" that player. bottom line, if the so called experts like yourself are not sure what a player is gonna do maybe that is exactly what they and you should write. fantasy football "experts" egos are getting way to big. don't be afraid to say that you have no idea what a certain player is gonna do. don't worry. you won't lose any money for it.

i will continue to blame others when i PAY those others to give their insight. also why bother saying, "be carefull starting" this guy or that guy when you know all it is gonna do is tell people to "sit" that player. bottom line, if the so called experts like yourself are not sure what a player is gonna do maybe that is exactly what they and you should write. fantasy football "experts" egos are getting way to big. don't be afraid to say that you have no idea what a certain player is gonna do. don't worry. you won't lose any money for it.

:wacko:

So you are saying you got what you paid for but because the huddle was wrong this week with their insight on Harrison you are mad?

"be careful starting" says to me "Risk/Reward" more than "SIT"...but it is clear that you are looking for something that you can't buy, perfection...if you find a site that utilizes a crystal ball and is 100% right all the time by all means please come back and tell me because I will be the 1st to get in line to pay for it...and as far as it pertains to me if I don't have a good handle on a situation I have no problem saying so....however, since I write about IDP there are times when a player gets injured and who will be the replacement isn't as easy to always figure out as it is on the offensive side of the ball and it could have a chain reaction for the rest of the D too...but I know that if I am doing my research and finding trends and utilizing them to make sound recommendations then at the end of the day I can sleep well.

Edit: I am done with this thread...i wish you luck in the upcoming week with your teams

Edited by keggerz

Is this a joke? Seriously - stop crying, think for yourself a bit and wake up. Fantasy "experts" give their educated guesses based on research - same thing any consultant does in the real world. Are they wrong a lot? Yep - but you'd be much dumber from a fantasy perspective without their advice/information. They're not going to guarantee you win your league, but they'll certainly give you a better chance than if you went in blind.

All of this, of course, assumes that you're able to think for yourself and accept a little accountability if you blindly do whatever the experts recommend. I guess it's just easier to point the finger at someone else though.