[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Orleans Backfield

friedrice

PT wont take a hit in any way. The past 2 games, PT was a beast. Bell may have some 3rd down carries but not enough play time to warrant a spot on your roster. Unless your like me who is holding onto him just as a PT handcuff.

PT wont take a hit in any way. The past 2 games, PT was a beast. Bell may have some 3rd down carries but not enough play time to warrant a spot on your roster. Unless your like me who is holding onto him just as a PT handcuff.

Right now I would go with that approach as well. Bell will be a part of the offense & might steal a few TDs through the course of the season, but he's only worth a handcuff right now. Bush's role will not be affected by either of them.

With Mike Bell getting healthier and rumors of him taking over goal line carries. I'm assuming PT's value is going to take a little hit but where does this leave R Bush? Seems like the role he is in now is more or like a bye week filler or flex play...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=4503

good stuff! thankyou for that. i have pt and i thought bell was out of the picture.

good stuff! thankyou for that. i have pt and i thought bell was out of the picture.

Ugh. I just hate the uncertainty of the situation. I have a deal on the table for BJacobs and change. I am curious to see where the Huddle projects them both for the rest of the season tomorrow. Of course the NYG RBBC could be worse than the NOS version.

Right now I would go with that approach as well. Bell will be a part of the offense & might steal a few TDs through the course of the season, but he's only worth a handcuff right now. Bush's role will not be affected by either of them.

So does this Jeff Duncan guy not know what he's talking about?

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/...ts_mailbag.html

Q: Now that we have three healthy running backs, how do you think Coach Payton will split the carries (40 percent, Thomas, 40 percent Bell, 20 percent Bush)? Or should he let whoever is hot early carry the load, while keeping the others fresh for the second half, much like we did with Pierre Thomas against the Bills? Stephen Beahm, New Orleans.

A: Stephen, as you can tell from my previous answer, I think you have a good read on the situation, as I see it. I really don't think Bush's role or touches will change at all. Bell and Thomas play the same role in the offense, but Bush's role is totally different. He's the primary back in passing situations and gets a carry or two here or there to keep defenses honest. I don't see that changing regardless of who's at the other running back spot.

This Duncan guy seems all over the place. First he says "Payton will ride the hot hand." Then he agrees it's some kind of 40-40-20 split between Thomas/Bell/Bush. :wacko:

Edited by kingfish247