[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm a fantasy RB whore

CardinalEmpire.com

I've come to a realization in the past few days... I am an incurable running back whore. No matter how much I tell myself that I am not going to stock up on RB's at the detriment to other positions, I somehow manage to carry way more RB's than I can ever play while scrambling to inevitably find a starting WR. It may not happen at the draft, but you can be sure that before the season gets too deep I will have dropped a player slow out of the gates for a RB who may just possibly eventually take serious carries. I'm like the fantasy RB equivalent of Jon Gruden... I just can't help myself.

What is your fantasy roster vice?

definitely a RB whore....

always have been and always will be.....and I've grown to like RBBC because if you choose the right situation, some RB's are better with less carries than getting the full load...

plus you have the backs that are in certain situations.....

every which way you look at it.....I'm just a RB whore..

i'm hooked on the RB, too. hey wait...this isn't an intervention, is it???

We all wrote a poem about how we feel when you horde another RB, and what affect it has on our lives.

I have a bit of a different problem. I'm a problem solver by nature. I always want to try and fix position deficiancies that I have going into the season. I'm speaking specifically about my deep keeper league (keep 10). Going into the season I was stacked at RB (MJD, Forte & S-Jax), while I was weak at WR (AJohnson and Braylon). After the draft but before the season I traded S-Jax and some lower level WR's for Lynch, Welker and AGonzo. After week 1 I picked up SSmith (NYG). We start 3 WR's and now I have AJohnson, SSmith, Welker, Braylon and AGonzo, when he comes back of course. I sure wish I still had S-Jax :wacko:

I even told myself before making that trade that I should just sit back and see how the first few weeks play out before making a move. Oh well, live and learn, maybe?

I have a bit of a different problem. I'm a problem solver by nature. I always want to try and fix position deficiancies that I have going into the season. I'm speaking specifically about my deep keeper league (keep 10). Going into the season I was stacked at RB (MJD, Forte & S-Jax), while I was weak at WR (AJohnson and Braylon). After the draft but before the season I traded S-Jax and some lower level WR's for Lynch, Welker and AGonzo. After week 1 I picked up SSmith (NYG). We start 3 WR's and now I have AJohnson, SSmith, Welker, Braylon and AGonzo, when he comes back of course. I sure wish I still had S-Jax :wacko:

I even told myself before making that trade that I should just sit back and see how the first few weeks play out before making a move. Oh well, live and learn, maybe?

this year is the 1st time in years that I didn't do what you said....

it usually works, but with some drawback....

I decided to sit back and let things unfold.....and so far I am doing well in my local....

unfortunately nobody is willing to make a trade anyways...

My fantasy vice is drafting /aquiring old guys. I always grab a former stud and hope there is something left in the tank and sometimes pass and a up and comer that is young. I drafted LT over Chris Johnson this year. That is a perfect example

I drafted LT over Chris Johnson this year. That is a perfect example

A PERFECT example? I mean, CJ has been better, but other than his redonkulous week against Houston has he done anything? I have him in one league and am sitting at my worst mark (2-3) overall because he hasn't done much the other 4 weeks (half his yards and all 3 TD's were in that one game). I think I should have traded high on Johnson after that crazy game instead of sitting there with him on an increasingly bad Tennessee team.

this guy in my league (not me)

with a 16 man team

Ronnie Brown

Bush

Charles

James Davis (he's on IR by the way)

hightower

lynch

Sproles

Caddilac

and the sad thing is this guy is 3-2 he also has Brady Quinn so may be an absentee owner IDK

Edited by rai

I too am a running back whore, in a different way

My auction draft for the RBs went....

Cedric Benson - Bengals don't use RBBC, and was one of my two keepers [he was my only worthy RB I could keep from 2008, damn the luck]

Steve Jackson - selected him because of no RBBC

LeSean McCoy - Westbrook handcuff, no RBBC [until last week]

Glen Coffee - Gore handcuff, no RBBC

Rashard Mendenhall, Parker handcuff, soft RBBC

Chris Wells, Hightower handcuff, not sure if I'll hang on to him after this week