[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

saints giants preview

vikingsfan11

Sunday is fast approaching. With plenty of good matchups on the bill for the weekend, there are a myriad of fantasy quandaries that have owners scratching their heads. The biggest matchup of the weekend is the clash of unbeatens: The NY Giants @ The NO Saints.

As i have expressed vehemently, i am not 100% sold on the giants credibility because four of their wins have come over the Redskins, the Cheifs, the Raiders, and the Bucs. Their lone win against a team with a winning record is against the up and down Cowboys, and that game came down the wire, in a high scoring affair (so much for NY's #1 Defense). I really do think that defense is going to be the biggest factor in this game. However i think it is the Saints underrated defense that will come out on top. Greg Williams is a defensive mastermind and he has this team playing some really inspired football. The saints rank number 11 against the pass, and number 7 against the run. Coming into their bye week they led the NFL in turnovers created. Darren Sharper looks like he is twenty five out there, making the early case for defensive mvp, with 5 picks in 4 games. Contrary to popular belief, i do not think this game will be a shootout. I believe with Manning's foot still possibly an issue, the Giants will look to the running game. The saints have not yet faced a rushing attack like this, so i think Brandon Jacobs remains a low number 1, high number 2 type running back, while Bradshaw should also be a start at flex in most deeper leagues. On the other side of the ball, today Pierre Thomas was listed as questionable. Coming into the season, Pierre Thomas was banged up, so former Denver back Mike Bell got the nod, after two good outings Bell got injured just as Pierre returned to the line up, now three weeks later, with Bell set to return from injury, Pierre continues the cycle by getting hurt himself. Watch this as we get closer to game time because less Pierre Thomas means sleeper days for both Reggie Bush (as they will try to ease bell back) and mike bell. I like Brees to have a bounce back game but nothing too spectacular, however he remains a must start. Same with Manning. The only WR i like between the two teams is Steve Smith. He has proven himself so far as Manning's most reliable target and i like that trend to continue this weekend. I do not like Colston, he has pretty much disappeared all year and i don't think he gets back into form against the number one passing defense. I do like shockey to have a good day against his former team. Revenge is a big motivator and i know he feels like he has a lot to prove.

So for this game my starts are-

Jacobs

Bradshaw

Bell

Bush

Brees

Manning

Smith

Shockey

and my sits are

Colston

Either D if you can avoid it

Manningham

Nicks- between him and manningham one of them may have a decent outing, but its hard to tell which, probably more likely Nicks if i had to chose, but id stay away from both.

Pierre Thomas -this is assuming that his injury is legit and holds him back this weekend.

in leagues deeper than 12, Nicks and Manningham become good options, same with Colston, and Devery Henderson.

Prediction for the game-

NO-26 NYG- 21

http://imaginarygridiron.blogspot.com check out my new football blog

With all do respect, The Giants could put up 21 points if the saints used 21 players. Our D line is the best in the civilized world the the dbs show up every week , they are smart and they are fast.

29-17

If they have the best D line in the civilized world shouldn't they be ranked a little higher than 15th defending the run :wacko:

Remember Rome thought they were the mightest empire in the civilized world, also.

If they have the best D line in the civilized world shouldn't they be ranked a little higher than 15th defending the run :wacko:

Remember Rome thought they were the mightest empire in the civilized world, also.

there were a couple of "oops" at the beginning of the year...lets revisit this at the end of the season.

I think the first two posters are both nuts and this game comes down to whether or not the Giants made the right choice at the kicker position...

Manning's foots? He only through for 170+ yards in less than 2 quarters, i think its safe to say it's not bothering him :D

there were a couple of "oops" at the beginning of the year...lets revisit this at the end of the season.

I think the first two posters are both nuts and this game comes down to whether or not the Giants made the right choice at the kicker position...

Manning's foots? He only through for 170+ yards in less than 2 quarters, i think its safe to say it's not bothering him :wacko:

Personally I think Manning is going to be pumped playing back in NO for the first time. Both QB's will get their 250/2 game I'm thinking it's the better running game or stopping the run that wins the game. and Champ read what you post first before you start spurting cum out your mouth with the 21 against 21 stuff

Personally I think Manning is going to be pumped playing back in NO for the first time. Both QB's will get their 250/2 game I'm thinking it's the better running game or stopping the run that wins the game.

Yep, I think so too. Both teams have a dynamic running attack, but I'm worried the Gints can pound it out better with Jacobs. I think the D's in relation to the offenses they are facing will be pretty evenly matched & it will come down to whoever gets the turnovers & whoever commands the field position with their special teams.

It will be interesting to see if the Saints can handle Umenyiora. I'm hearing Bushrod is healthy enough to play LT but it's going to be a big assignment for either him or Strief.

Edit: Little interesting fantasy sidenote from an article i read today:

BREES' 'SLEEPER' PICK: If this football thing doesn't work out, Drew Brees should be able to find work as a fantasy football analyst.

When asked this summer if he had a "sleeper" recommendation for fantasy players, he suggested Giants receiver Steve Smith, who leads the NFL with 37 receptions, 481 receiving yards and is tied with four touchdown catches.

Edited by myhousekey

:wacko:

Not saying this is the reason they're losing, but the officiating has not been going the Giants way at all today, including a bad pass inteference call early and the non-existent holding call that just took away a Giants TD. Oh and let's not forget the punt return where it wasn't called that the returner stepped out of bounds and was the first to touch the ball.

That being said, the Giants D has been overmatched all day. So props to you WV for talking out your ass and finally getting one right.