[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bengals Avoid Blackout

Hat Trick

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4565841

Bengals avoid blackout for Week 6

Comment Email Print Share Associated Press

CINCINNATI -- The Bengals avoided a local television blackout for their game against the Houston Texans -- with an assist from Motorola and receiver Chad Ochocinco.

The club announced on Friday that it had sold enough tickets for Sunday's game to keep its streak intact. The past 46 Bengals games have been shown on local television.

More than 3,000 tickets remained on Thursday, when the club got a one-day extension from the NFL for avoiding a blackout.

Motorola, which is a longtime Bengals sponsor and has a partnership with Ochocinco, bought 1,200 tickets and will give them away Saturday -- with the receiver's help -- at Paul Brown Stadium.

The Bengals (4-1) have won four in a row and are in sole possession of first place in the AFC North.

Say what you will about Chad, but he loves the game and wants the fans to see his team play. Pretty cool if you ask me. Just shows it's not all about ME ME ME, he wants to put on a show.

what a difference a year makes. Last year Chad was a major headache, to say the least

I like this year's version of Chad better than any old one. He still likes to talk, but this year it seems to be most talking is about the team winning, with only a little of the "me" stuff (I don't mind a little in the right context, he is a showman)

Next to Benson, I think Chad had the best game against the Ravens last week. HIghlights only showed the fumble Reed caused (great play) and the hit by Lewis, but Chad made some tremendous plays.

I would love it if either Chad or Cedric get Comeback Player honors this year (it would mean their good play continues all year)

I like it.

Chad Johnson talks the talk, and we all know he doesn't always walk the walk.

Sure, his antics are sometimes childish and can get tedious. But when it comes down to it, he wholeheartedly loves this game, which is more than a lot of other players - especially wide receivers - can say.

Classy Ocho :wacko:

I like what Chad did here for sure but it is really sad to think that a team that is in the position that the Bungholes are in need to be rescued. What the hell is wrong with the fans? :wacko:

Well, that position also comes with baggage in the form of 18 years the arguably worst run franchise in all of sports.

awesome.

He's great.

And to the haters, I will once again ask when was the last time he hit his woman, got a DUI, etc.

If you dislike Chad, you must've also dislike Van Halen with David Lee Roth cuz Roth and 85 are both top showmen. Rock on.

Now there is something you do not see very often, Ochocinco and Diamond Dave in the same sentence. What has this world come to.

I'll also give props to OC.

My concern though is why a 4-1 team(should really be 5-0) should even be close to having blacked out games. At least the folks in Cincy don't have to worry about their team moving to LA as long as the Jags fans avoid their team like the plague.