[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears trade a 2nd round pick for....

keggerz

In my opinion,we're not as upset about our WRs as many people think we are. Granted, I would like some more consistency and a big body to throw to, but it's not too bad right now. I think we thought we'd be a lot worse off than we actually are right now. It is surprising to hear how many people are not big on the TO rumors.

In my opinion,we're not as upset about our WRs as many people think we are. Granted, I would like some more consistency and a big body to throw to, but it's not too bad right now. I think we thought we'd be a lot worse off than we actually are right now. It is surprising to hear how many people are not big on the TO rumors.

That doesn't surprise me at all

That doesn't surprise me at all

Personally, I don't want him here either. I was just surprised at how many people were calling in the talk shows saying they wanted no part of TO. I figured there would be a few people in favor. I'm not even sure I heard one person on the sporst talk say they wanted him here.

Don't they have three pretty good DEs already? I think Alex Brown is about to be a free agent, but this is still pretty surprising. And why did Tampa agree to a deal that makes them even worse? They were already waaaaay under the cap. If I were a Bucs fan, I'd be pissed right now.

Maybe I was dreaming, but I'm pretty sure I read a story somewhere that it's come out the Bucs brass, from ownership on down, are prepared to completely tank this season to position for the next years draft, free agents & schedule.

Definitely a lost season for Bucs fans & if I were a season ticket holder in Tampa, I'd be thinking of suing the Franchise to get my money back.

But then again which is worse, the Bucs strategically stinking? or some team like the Raiders trying everything, but still stinking? :wacko:

Guess I'd rather be associated with a strategic stink than the stink of abject failure....(sorry Raiders fans...but hey I know your current pain well...life long Falcon fan here...I had to live through the Clampetts owing the Falcons for years & years & years.....)

Has he been that bad of a bust? Wasn't dude a top 5 pick a few years back?

4th in 07...drafted by the old regime....Marinelli is the DL coach in CHI and when he was the Coach of the Lions in 07 was supposedly very interested in drafting Adams.

And why did Tampa agree to a deal that makes them even worse? They were already waaaaay under the cap. If I were a Bucs fan, I'd be pissed right now.

Take it from a guy who lives in Tampa, watches a good chunk of their games and listens to quite a bit of local sports talk radio when I say Gaines Adams has been a colossal bust and most around here will be thrilled to get a 2nd rounder for him. Season tickets or not, this season is over and Adams has grossly underachieved since he was drafted.

Take it from a guy who lives in Tampa, watches a good chunk of their games and listens to quite a bit of local sports talk radio when I say Gaines Adams has been a colossal bust and most around here will be thrilled to get a 2nd rounder for him. Season tickets or not, this season is over and Adams has grossly underachieved since he was drafted.

It was dumb to take Adams with the 4th overall pick in 2007 .........it is also dumb to give up a 2010 second round pick for him.

:wacko:

Great move for the present and future. Ogunleye is in his contract year, and he's been average the last two years. Playing for the money only in my opinion. Adams will get the coaching he needs and will be fun to watch for years to come here. The Bears screw up all their early round picks anyway, so this is fine with me. Maybe a FA WR will want to join Cutler soon and as they build the D Line, they're showing they are deep at LB. Love this move.

Great move for the present and future. Ogunleye is in his contract year, and he's been average the last two years. Playing for the money only in my opinion. Adams will get the coaching he needs and will be fun to watch for years to come here. The Bears screw up all their early round picks anyway, so this is fine with me. Maybe a FA WR will want to join Cutler soon and as they build the D Line, they're showing they are deep at LB. Love this move.

You make an excellent point about the Bears screwing up their high picks. That's the major saving grace for the Cutler trade, IMO, as under normal circumstances I think that was a high price to pay. This trade looks pretty good to me though as it shouldn't be too high a second rounder given the Bears performance so far.

Lovie's D relies on pass rush pressure from the front four. They've invested heavily in the right coaching for that aspect in Marinelli, so this move makes sense if it maximizes pass rush without resorting to blitzing all the time. The Bears are like second in the league in blitzes, so I think this is a move to keep their D Ends fresh and permit Lovie to groove like he likes to do. Time to get back to Bears Defense and force some turnovers!!

Wow, I've been out of pocket for the past 24+ hours so this is the first I've heard of this. +1 ... Ogunleye is average to good, and is in a contract year. I think Alex Brown is also just signed through this year, so this gives us a young stud-in-the-making at the end position. Love this. Good job.

They're making a team to beat the Vikings IMO. :wacko:

I don't think it's a bad deal for the bears at all. He's an upgrade to Smith at the very least and he's still young. Height: 6-5 Weight: 258 Age: 26, I'd say that's easily worth a second rounder and maybe he goes Benson with a bit of coaching and a better cast around him.