[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Florida vs. Arkansas

steelerfan85

I'm sure many of us watched this one. Did anyone see the absolute joke they called officiating in this game? It was an awesome game and I'm not bias towards one team or another but Florida seemed to get away with everything especially in the second half. Thoughts? Comments? What'd you think football fans?

I'm sure many of us watched this one. Did anyone see the absolute joke they called officiating in this game? It was an awesome game and I'm not bias towards one team or another but Florida seemed to get away with everything especially in the second half. Thoughts? Comments? What'd you think football fans?

Officiating was a joke, the PI call in the 4th quarter was silly, but at least a judgement call. The personal foul penalty right after that was a complete f'n joke. The offensive player even initiated the contact...

Arkansas still had every chance to beat them even with the ridiculously terrible calls. Can't miss a 37 yard field goal against Florida or miss those two TD passes and expect to win.

Officiating was a joke, the PI call in the 4th quarter was silly, but at least a judgement call. The personal foul penalty right after that was a complete f'n joke. The offensive player even initiated the contact...

Arkansas still had every chance to beat them even with the ridiculously terrible calls. Can't miss a 37 yard field goal against Florida or miss those two TD passes and expect to win.

completely agree about the missed opportunities. arkansas shot themselves in the foot in that matchup. either way it was one of the better games today.

+1

It was hard to watch that TD drive from UF and not think the fix was in. I mean, two plays back to back. Both huge penalties, one that could very easily been a no-call, the other that absolutely 100% was a no-call. And if it was because of the (extremely brief) show the guy put on after the big hit, they could have called that on Tebow all day long or, hell, the UF coverage team after the ensuing kick-off.

That said, Arkansas had their chances and missed them. Thing is, they're not a very good team at least not good enough to overcome a few mistakes as well as the refs bailing out an elite team who didn't come to play.

I've been giving UF the benefit of the doubt all year because, well they earned it. However, they're just not looking that good at all. Bama crushed that same Arkansas team. If I were a voter, I'd move Bama ahead of them this week.

Agree with all that the calls were bad late in this one...looked like a home LSU game the way the flag was dropping on UF's TD drive.

One highlight was Johnson's (#33) run late in the 3rd, when he was hit behind the LOS, stiff armed one guy, then another, then two more on his way down the sideline...great effort!

coming from a Stealer fan, did it stir up some fond memories of Bill Levy and friends?

and no, I am not over SB XL :wacko:

According to the local sports talk, the officiating crew that did the Fla v. Ark. game are the same ones that did the LSU v UGA game. Remember, this is the one where they called the phantom excessive celebration call on A.J. Green ... Oh, and the SEC has officially apologized for making wrong calls in both games.

This week, the crew is scheduled for the Ala. v. Tenn. game. Has to make you kind of nervous if you support either of these teams.

Not anymore

SEC suspends officiating crew working UF-Arkansas game

Florida didn't deserve to win that game.

I will agree that a couple of bad calls helped Florida. However, no one can say if they would or would not have scored without the bad calls. If I was the Arkansas coaching staff, I'd be focusing on the fact that they caused four turnovers but still let Florida hang around.

I cry tears when people pick on the Gators. Although my tears are Orange and Blue, they are still tears.