[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Belichek deserves "A**hole of the Year Award" hands-down!

CityOfChampions

A**hole of the Year Award  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Does Belichek deserve the A**hole of the Year Award so early in the season?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These posts are completely insane. If he'd run the ball, people would be on his case for playing safe. If he throws the ball, people are on his case for trying to score too much. What would you have him do, deliberately hand the ball over? Maybe phone the other sideline to explain the next play in detail? Brady was out for almost the entire second half, as were most of the other starters.

The Titans are a professional sports team who had their asses handed to them on a platter. It is they who should bear the responsibility and it is they who have the job of stopping the other team from scoring. It is no part of any winning team's responsibility to deliberately weaken themselves to avoid embarrassing an opponent.

Edit: One more TD and Brady would have equaled the all time NFL TD one game record - Belichick decided not to go there - again, what more do you want?

Edited by Ursa Majoris

I really hope this is a fishing trip. I actually thought that 2 years ago they should have done a better job of calling off the dogs on several occasions but this was not the case. Dude, you can't expect them to pull the starters before the 4th quarter of any non-exhibition game.

In fact, when I saw Brady was pulled in the 3rd, I recall thinking, "There you go Bill, nice to see you've got some class after all."

Edited by detlef

These posts are completely insane. If he'd run the ball, people would be on his case for playing safe. If he throws the ball, people are on his case for trying to score too much. What would you have him do, deliberately hand the ball over? Maybe phone the other sideline to explain the next play in detail? Brady was out for almost the entire second half, as were most of the other starters.

The Titans are a professional sports team who had their asses handed to them on a platter. It is they who should bear the responsibility and it is they who have the job of stopping the other team from scoring. It is no part of any winning team's responsibility to deliberately weaken themselves to avoid embarrassing an opponent.

oui monsieur

Ursa, I dont think you would have found too many people complaining if the Pats ran the ball (other than FF owners who had Brady, Moss, Welker). I think the 6th touchdown PASS in the 3rd quarter was over the top. Thats just pouring salt in Tennessee's wounds.

Class:

A team who has put the game out of reach runs on 4th down instead of kicking a field goal and/or sits their starters

Classless:

A team who throws for their 6th touchdown -- then pulls their starters

Look I know their are some of those Frank Reich believers out there but anyone who watched that game knows that a comeback of any kind was never going to happen.

Ursa, I dont think you would have found too many people complaining if the Pats ran the ball (other than FF owners who had Brady, Moss, Welker). I think the 6th touchdown PASS in the 3rd quarter was over the top. Thats just pouring salt in Tennessee's wounds.

Class:

A team who has put the game out of reach runs on 4th down instead of kicking a field goal and/or sits their starters

Classless:

A team who throws for their 6th touchdown -- then pulls their starters

Look I know their are some of those Frank Reich believers out there but anyone who watched that game knows that a comeback of any kind was never going to happen.

Pats went for it on 4th down a few times when they could've kicked a FG instead. I guess that's "Class", according to your definition.

The starters came back out for 1 series in the 3rd - were they supposed to not score when it became apparent that they could (yet again)?

Food for thought - if I were the coach of a team with a potentially potent pass attack that hasn't exactly been living up to expectations, I would have no issue running up the score like this as a means of getting some much needed swagger/confidence back into my offense.

Pats went for it on 4th down a few times when they could've kicked a FG instead. I guess that's "Class", according to your definition.

The starters came back out for 1 series in the 3rd - were they supposed to not score when it became apparent that they could (yet again)?

Food for thought - if I were the coach of a team with a potentially potent pass attack that hasn't exactly been living up to expectations, I would have no issue running up the score like this as a means of getting some much needed swagger/confidence back into my offense.

If he even needs an excuse for actually allowing his team to continue playing "all the way" into the 3rd quarter, this is a very fine one indeed.

oh, and I forgot to mention it was against the worst team in football this year. Thats like intentionally picking a fight with the weakest kid in school and after you pound him senseless you help him up and then pound him to the ground again...and again...and again.

I guess they should have played Tenn the way your Steelers did. I mean, certainly nobody accused you guys of running up the score.

oh, and I forgot to mention it was against the worst team in football this year. Thats like intentionally picking a fight with the weakest kid in school and after you pound him senseless you help him up and then pound him to the ground again...and again...and again.

i forgot that the pats got to choose who they would play this week. that's not fair!

ahh, now we see where this is coming from. just start working out dude, you'll get there. i also saw an ad in a comic book with some muscle guy kicking sand into some skinny guy's face. you may want to check that out too ...

No - it isn't. It's like it being your job to fight one kid each week - the Pats didn't pick this fight and it's not their problem that they were scheduled to play the weakest kid in school. They kicked the crap out of him for a half, played one series in the third and then let him off easy. Point is, they have to keep playing and, again, it's not their fault that the team they're playing is completely and utterly incapable of competing.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

I'm not a Belichek fan but have to agree that he needs Tom Brady to regain his confidence and swagger before the playoffs.