[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As an LT owner , i am appalled

isleseeya

I don't think he looked that bad. At least in the first half I saw, there were a lot of shoe string tackles made. Now, you can speculate that he would have gotten passed those in previous years but we have to give some credit to the Denver D. They are better than most everyone expected. I did see plenty of times that the O line missed assignments (possibly River's fault?) with picking up the blitz and rolling blockers over. Nolan's D just looked smarter than the Charger's O line.

Norv IS pretty pathetic as a head coach.

That being said......I don't think anyone was going to run that ball in from the 3. LT now has something to be pissed off about, but I don't think he'd have gotten in either.

Norv is the John Cooper of the NFL. Able to pull in (or take over) top talent......then makes them mediocre. Now.....he CAN take schleps and make them better......all the way up to average. Net result.....an average team. The fact that this team has gotten to the playoffs is no notch on HIS belt. The talent kicks into gear despite his best efforts to flock it up......lol. But if they got rid of Schotty so they could get to a SuperBowl with Norv.....it's never gonna happen.

Gawd.....I love Mike Tomlin. Thank you Mr. Rooney......your uncanny ability to spot top coaching talent is highly appreciated. :wacko:

Edited by SteelBunz

I think its fairly clear that LT is no longer the elite RB / stud he was but he certainly is good enough to get majority of work beginning with goal line carries

LT was clearly upset when he was pulled for goal line ..i could tell because i could see his face which was not hidden under the Dark Vader mask this time

LT was not looking good running the ball at the time that it happened. But instead of handing it to Sproles, why not roll out and use a run/throw option down there - especially with a healthy Gates and the size SD has at WR?

Norv's explanation sheds some light but doesn't make it crystal...

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/200...hargers/?sports

The play we originally were going to call, Darren runs,” said Turner. “We changed the call to a check, run and a pass. There was nothing significant in terms that we were not going to run the play with LT. It was just the way it came up.”

Of all the checks or audibles, Sproles off-tackle should not have been one of the choices. The guy is a Smurf and averaging 2.4 ypc. Maybe LT wasn't looking like LT, but Sproles hasn't looked good running the ball since week 17 last year. Before that GL carry Sproles didn't even have a carry in the game, so even if LT wasn't looking like LT, Sproles wasn't looking like anything yet.

It was a dumb call any which way you cut it.

Edited by kingfish247

Norv's explanation sheds some light but doesn't make it crystal...

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/200...hargers/?sports

Of all the checks or audibles, Sproles off-tackle should not have been one of the choices. The guy is a Smurf and averaging 2.4 ypc. Maybe LT wasn't looking like LT, but Sproles hasn't looked good running the ball since week 17 last year. Before that GL carry Sproles didn't even have a carry in the game, so even if LT wasn't looking like LT, Sproles wasn't looking like anything yet.

It was a dumb call any which way you cut it.

I'm pretty sure LT had just ran the previous 2-3 run plays so perhaps a breather was necessary?

I'm pretty sure LT had just ran the previous 2-3 run plays so perhaps a breather was necessary?

That could be.

Otherwise, the only thing I could come up with is they brought in Sproles because he's normally in on 3rd down and they tried to sell the Donkeys on a pass and then sneak Sproles in. Obviously, it didnt work whatever the idea/reason was...

maybe it is all the line, but to me, it looks like he's definitely lost that step and i was actually feeling bad for him ... like watching an old horse trying to give it one more go.

What he said. LT has reached the cliff that all great RBs seem to reach unless they retire first.

I'm wondering if having a significant injury or two for the first time gives players like LT the chance to think about the punishment they have taken and, whatever they intend, they just can't get it back like before. It's as much mental as physical.

i thought LT look sluggish running the ball. he did not have his sharp cuts and didn't make any plays on his own to compensate for the poor line. mostly he just lowered his head and ran behind the fullback, falling down after contact. maybe it is all the line, but to me, it looks like he's definitely lost that step and i was actually feeling bad for him ... like watching an old horse trying to give it one more go.

werd - he is done and he is now an average back and SD would be better rolling the little guy Sproles out there - or at least 50/50 split. He has no quickness, looks slow and to be honest a little too chunky like he has put on 10 lbs of the wrong weight

You see it with ALL RB's the end is not gradual, it is a cliff and he is hanging off the edge of it

werd - he is done and he is now an average back and SD would be better rolling the little guy Sproles out there - or at least 50/50 split. He has no quickness, looks slow and to be honest a little too chunky like he has put on 10 lbs of the wrong weight

You see it with ALL RB's the end is not gradual, it is a cliff and he is hanging off the edge of it

I guess I just don't get it. Doesn't LT have a better YPC than Sproles? I'm not saying he is vintage LT, but he is more of an every down runner than sproles. And yes Sproles looks uber-quick, but part of that is the little smurf legs flying around out there. LT has enough in the tank to be a constant contributor on a potent offense. I guess we'll just have to wait this out and see what happens, but I still think that LT can be solid most weeks if he stays healthy.

Sadly, I agree with what you are saying here. Look no further than Shaun Alexander, MVP of the league and two years later without a job. LT isn't too that point yet, but, the end is coming quickly. He is still a decent NFL back, but, he is not even in the same league as his former self.

Edited by Menudo

I guess I just don't get it. Doesn't LT have a better YPC than Sproles? I'm not saying he is vintage LT, but he is more of an every down runner than sproles. And yes Sproles looks uber-quick, but part of that is the little smurf legs flying around out there. LT has enough in the tank to be a constant contributor on a potent offense. I guess we'll just have to wait this out and see what happens, but I still think that LT can be solid most weeks if he stays healthy.

Me either. If you were to go by what some think of LT, you'd swear they were describing the Leper in the Backfield.

It's obvious LT isn't what he used to be but the Chargers aren't what they used to be. They're a completely different offense from a few years ago partly due to design and personnel, partly b/c of a struggling OL, and partly b/c the D is now getting gashed.

Before last night's game, Broncos were allowing 81 rush ypg, at 3.3 ypc, and 2 total rushing TDs. LT had 70 yds at 3.9 ypc. LT wasn't available for 3 weeks (2 due to injury, 1 due to bye) but go use that fancy Huddle SOS tool for RB schedules the first 6 weeks. SD's RB schedule was in the bottom 5 in most all formats. From here out their rushing schedule is top 5.

Maybe make a draft of the obituary for use after this season but to write off LT now is a mistake. This season, we'll see what happens.

Edited by kingfish247

Last night I saw LT make some moves and run better than he has in a long time. He's not the stud running back he used to be, but if the offensive line can create running lanes he still has enough in his tank to put up some decent fantasy stats. The schedule gets better for the Bolts, and that, more than anything, will allow chances for LT to produce.

Judging by the footage of LT on the sideline, I seriously doubt that he in any way thought a breather was necessary. When provided with the opportunity, he's always been able to and find the goalline.

all credit to Denver.

that being said, LT2 ran hard...harder and angrier than he has in a while.

he's not an elite RB anymore, but he can still contribute quite a bit.

my biggest complaint is that for some reason we can never seem to incorporart BOTH LT2 and Sproles into the offence in the same game.

if some teams can run the wildcat, why can't we get Sproles and LT2 on the field together? Sproles is dynamic on screens and in the passing game.

as for Norv, everyone knows he's an offensive coach. and to that point, we put up points.

we've been losing because of the defense. where's the pass rush? and we lost last nite because of special teams and again lack of pass rush. Shawn Merriman hasn't been seen for a year and a half.

ultimately Nove is responsible. but i don't believe we lost because LT wasn't on the field on 3rd and goal. or because we went for it with 6 minutes left on 4th and 8.

We're done with week 6. It doesn't seem to me that smoke signals, camp fires, or bonefires seem to be working.

We're in complete agreement on that. But that doesn't stop coaches who are looking bad (as Reid did against Baltimore last year - and on this past Sunday - and as Norv Turner has all season) from throwing out that smoke screen.

We're in complete agreement on that. But that doesn't stop coaches who are looking bad (as Reid did against Baltimore last year - and on this past Sunday - and as Norv Turner has all season) from throwing out that smoke screen.

This is giving Norv way too much credit. Besides, if a pro like LT needs his HC to pull a dumbass move like that to get himself motivated, then maybe LT is worse than anyone can possibly know.

I agree LT is the goal line man, however Sproles is normally put in on 3rd down passing plays and maybe Turner was trying to get the Broncos think pass and then snuck in a run.

I am an LT fan, but it may have been good play calling that just didn't work out. I saw LT upset on the sideline, but I was happy to see him hit the 100 yard mark. (70 rushing, 30 rec.) I have had him in my fantasy league for 3 years now and I hope he gives us more of what we got last night.

all credit to Denver.

that being said, LT2 ran hard...harder and angrier than he has in a while.

he's not an elite RB anymore, but he can still contribute quite a bit.

my biggest complaint is that for some reason we can never seem to incorporart BOTH LT2 and Sproles into the offence in the same game.

if some teams can run the wildcat, why can't we get Sproles and LT2 on the field together? Sproles is dynamic on screens and in the passing game.

as for Norv, everyone knows he's an offensive coach. and to that point, we put up points.

we've been losing because of the defense. where's the pass rush? and we lost last nite because of special teams and again lack of pass rush. Shawn Merriman hasn't been seen for a year and a half.

ultimately Nove is responsible. but i don't believe we lost because LT wasn't on the field on 3rd and goal. or because we went for it with 6 minutes left on 4th and 8.

Norv is mediocre at best as an OC and sucks as a HC.