[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

T. Choice

Big Ernie McCracken

the first sentence of the link posted above, pretty much tells you all you need

to know as to why the cowboys are what they are and what they've been for many, many years....

'DALLAS -- Running back Marion Barber will continue to start for the Dallas Cowboys, but backup Tashard Choice will get more carries, owner Jerry Jones said Tuesday on his weekly radio show.'

but then there's this nugget.....

"We were pleased with how Felix moved around [Monday]," Jerry Jones said. "But we don't know how sore he's going to be [Tuesday]. I think what we've got, the strength of our team is the running back position. It's the most strength that we've had at any spot and we need to use it and we will use it."

talk about throwing your QB under the bus! let alone the rest of the team.

terrible. why dos he even need coaches? or a staff of any kind.

Talk is cheap. The only way I see choice getting more work when both Jones and Barber are healthyis when I see it. There just isnt enough to go around.

The question is: Is either Jones or Barber 100% ? An article last week said Barber may not be 100% for the rest of the season and felix still has his knee brace on.

Stay tuned...

Taking health of players into account, Choice is the best RB on that team right now. Makes sense that they would want to get him more work.

We are talking about the Cowboys here, sense has nothing to do with it.

I can tell you how little I think of Choice getting work. I dropped him in my league to make room for Willie Parker. Barber will be back to full stride this week and Felix Jones shoud be back. If you go back and look, Choice has not done real well with handoffs. He does excell on screen passes where he can get in the open field, but go back and watch, he has a hard time busting through the line or finding the hole.

Edited by xmradioguy

I can tell you how little I think of Choice getting work. I dropped him in my league to make room for Willie Parker. Barber will be back to full stride this week and Felix Jones shoud be back. If you go back and look, Choice has not done real well with handoffs. He does excell on screen passes where he can get in the open field, but go back and watch, he has a hard time busting through the line or finding the hole.

you talking about the same tashard choice who has averaged 5.1 ypc the last 2 seasons? odd statement - he does very well with handoffs. in fact, he seems to do best at times on draw plays.

you talking about the same tashard choice who has averaged 5.1 ypc the last 2 seasons? odd statement - he does very well with handoffs. in fact, he seems to do best at times on draw plays.

I agree with you about draw plays (kinda part of that open field thing). Don't get me wrong, he has done OK the last few years, but he will not get more work in the coming weeks baring more injuries. And this year he just didn't look great breaking through the line. Think about it, he had a carrer game againt Carolin and a fairly good game against KC, but they are both below average teams. And go back and look, he did most of his damage in the open field. Whereas Jone and Barber create and find holes to run through.

I agree with you about draw plays (kinda part of that open field thing). Don't get me wrong, he has done OK the last few years, but he will not get more work in the coming weeks baring more injuries. And this year he just didn't look great breaking through the line. Think about it, he had a carrer game againt Carolin and a fairly good game against KC, but they are both below average teams. And go back and look, he did most of his damage in the open field. Whereas Jone and Barber create and find holes to run through.

Disagree - I've seen a couple of his games this year and he's looked just fine between the tackles. Just like any RB, he gets stuffed sometimes when there's nothing there but he also has plenty of 7, 8 and 9 yard gainers when he takes the ball straight up the gut. I'm frankly not sure what games you've been watching if you think he's had a hard time with this. He had a rough game against Denver, but so has pretty much everybody.

PS - the fact that most of his damage came in the open field doesn't mean he's ineffective between the tackles. I won't deny that he's more effective in the open field but that's to be expected - it's the open field.

somewhat irrelevant but how is choice projected to score more than barber?? i hate these projections...

He's better than Barber is right now and will be the guy used primarily in the second half after the ATL D line has been worn down

Choice is solid, but it's hard for me to get too excited about a guy who will be splitting carries with 2 other guys, both arguably more talented than he. I know it's become vogue to slap the fragile moniker on Felix, perhaps rightfully so, but the guy has a 9.4 YPC average so far in his NFL career and is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. It's hard to believe he somehow won't be a part of the offense when healthy.

More like they (Jones and Barber) Find holes to fall into and trip over and get hurt Choice is the best back there right now he stays healthy runs hard and is succesful on HANDOFFS on the perimeter and on draw and screen plays! CMON MAN!

One of the silliest posts I've ever read, and I've read a pile of them. ^

Barber's thumb is broken and he'll wear a cast this week and play FWIW.

cowboys.com I can't c + p it from there and I have no idea why.

EDIT: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...ll-play-sunday/

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

Disagree - I've seen a couple of his games this year and he's looked just fine between the tackles. Just like any RB, he gets stuffed sometimes when there's nothing there but he also has plenty of 7, 8 and 9 yard gainers when he takes the ball straight up the gut. I'm frankly not sure what games you've been watching if you think he's had a hard time with this. He had a rough game against Denver, but so has pretty much everybody.

PS - the fact that most of his damage came in the open field doesn't mean he's ineffective between the tackles. I won't deny that he's more effective in the open field but that's to be expected - it's the open field.

I have seen all of Dallas' games. Look, here's my point on the open field: He has gotten long runs on screen passes and draw plays that netted him a ton of yards and then will have many carries that produced few yards. It's kind of like a much unheard of WR who has a really big game of like 5 catches for 100 yards amd everyone runs to get him off the wavier wire, but if you look deeply into his numbers you see an 80 some yard catch and then a few short receptions. Then you look deeper and he has only caught 4 other passes for next to no yards all year long. But yet everyone wants to get him on thier roster over what they see as one big game when in reality is was one big catch and he won't do jack the rest of the year.

So Choice had a few good games, but the majority of the damage was done on a few plays he got behind the defense.

The point is he may be great later, but for now he will not get enough chance behind Barber and Jones to even be worth considering. Other posters can disagree and call me silly, but see what they say nest week when he totals about 20 yards on Sunday..

Edited by xmradioguy

You know I read this things to glean the tiniest shred o information, you think choice isn't the number one back when barber is in a cast and jones is in a brace? I got all three because :wacko: I got nobody and thought 1 cowboy rb is going to do well. I don't know Muto likes choice. :D

A mans gotta do what a man gotta do, but I wouldn't have faith in any of them this week. But I'm in the same spot. With so many teams being on bye weeks this week, I am stuck to look at either Santana Moss or Randle El for WR. Maybe both. This is going to be an ugly week to say the least.

Choice is solid, but it's hard for me to get too excited about a guy who will be splitting carries with 2 other guys, both arguably more talented than he. I know it's become vogue to slap the fragile moniker on Felix, perhaps rightfully so, but the guy has a 9.4 YPC average so far in his NFL career and is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. It's hard to believe he somehow won't be a part of the offense when healthy.

AGREED!!!

Dallas is in love with Jones because he has that ability for a big play every time he touches the ball.

Tim and Pat on the NFL network said it best about Choice (paraphrased) "Choice will be a serious talent if he gets an opportunity behind a back like AP, Forte or Slaton and would help improve the running game by augmenting the already stellar backs. As a third back for Dallas, and a good one at that, Choice will never be able to capture the glory"