[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles acquire Will Witherspoon

keggerz

If the case owning him in several leagues and not giving up on him just paid off big time!

Didn't he get hurt last week and have a hard time walking off the field? I'm guessing that this means he is healthy and will play this Sunday?

Short-term looks like Spoon at MLB with Jordan at WLB and Gocong at SLB

Nickel should be Spoon and some one. That's been in flux the last couple weeks. I know Jordan was dropped from it with everyone else including T. White getting reps there. Interesting to see how that plays out once Gaither is back too.

Long-term Witherspoon is signed through 2011 but the next 2 years are at 5 mil each but I guess he stays and moves to WLB next year with Bradley back and unless Jordan can beat out Gocong at SLB it pretty much kills his long-term value in dyno leagues

Oh and I don't think Trotter could beat me in a footrace at this point. Him being cut is only a matter of time IMO

Edited by Zooty

Short-term looks like Spoon at MLB with Jordan at WLB and Gocong at SLB

Nickel should be Spoon and some one. That's been in flux the last couple weeks. I know Jordan was dropped from it with everyone else including T. White getting reps there. Interesting to see how that plays out once Gaither is back too.

Long-term Witherspoon is signed through 2011 but the next 2 years are at 5 mil each but I guess he stays and moves to WLB next year with Bradley back and unless Jordan can beat out Gocong at SLB it pretty much kills his long-term value in dyno leagues

Oh and I don't think Trotter could beat me in a footrace at this point. Him being cut is only a matter of time IMO

Tracy White played 2 snaps. When the Eagles go to nickel now they play one linebacker and either bring in Hanson, Jones, or Clemons. I figure it will be just Witherspoon at in Nickel. Seriously I don't think the Eagles are very well coached. Trotter?? Are you serious? Gaither wouldn't have let Zach Miller run down the field.

I went and picked up Paris Lenon. Should be a beast.

Just in case you thought that Gaither's value wasn't completely dead after this trade, he gets put on IR. The Eagles probably knew Gaither was done for some time but didn't disclose the injury until the Witherspoon deal was done.

Just to update this a bit:

The Eagles have confirmed that what they were calling a foot sprain for Omar Gaither is actually a Lis Frac sprain. Gaither will require surgery and is expected to be placed on IR.

Coach Reid said in a conf call with local beat writers that Witherspoon would be a 3 down linebacker but now there is also some circulation that Trotter will still see some base running down snaps this week....That does make sense since Spoon has really only had a few days to absorb the playbook.

Link

Reid added that in Gaither's absence, Will Witherspoon will appear primarily in pass defense packages, with Trotter still rotating in to defend the rush.

Witherspoon said he and Trotter shared reps with the first-stringers at practice today.

Edited by keggerz

• 3 weeks later...

Just a note to IDP players.

Will Witherspoon is likely to play WLB like week with Moises Fokou playing SLB and Chris Gocong playing the Mike.

Eagles linebacker Will Witherspoon is moving to the weakside this week, with Chris Gocong taking over the middle and rookie Moise Fokou at strongside.Analysis: Witherspoon has played well as the MIKE since the deadline trade, so this move comes as a surprise. We're guessing it could be temporary in nature, as Fokou likely only knows how to play SLB. Once Akeem Jordan (knee) returns to the lineup, the changes could be reversed. In the meantime, the move is a drain on Witherspoon's IDP value.

Just a note to IDP players.

Will Witherspoon is likely to play WLB like week with Moises Fokou playing SLB and Chris Gocong playing the Mike.

Eagles linebacker Will Witherspoon is moving to the weakside this week, with Chris Gocong taking over the middle and rookie Moise Fokou at strongside.Analysis: Witherspoon has played well as the MIKE since the deadline trade, so this move comes as a surprise. We're guessing it could be temporary in nature, as Fokou likely only knows how to play SLB. Once Akeem Jordan (knee) returns to the lineup, the changes could be reversed. In the meantime, the move is a drain on Witherspoon's IDP value.

this is going to be covered in the game breakdowns and all hinges on Jordan's health...he most likely will be inactive this week...still I would expect spoon to get his this week....the sneaky play is if you are hurting at LB and can pickup Gocong for a 1 week fill in

Edit; thanks for posting the update too

Edited by keggerz