[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unfair Commissioner?

xmradioguy

I =set lineups for owners all of the time - but the request needs to come before the relevant players' kickoff... so... if you've a bye week player in for a 1pm game and and a bye week player in for a 4pm game and call me at 1:30 - I can change the 4pm bye player to a player who'll be playing 4pm or later, but you are SOL with the 1pm bye week player.

How do bye week players have a game time?

or are you trying to say that after 1pm, you won't put in any player that is active that week that had a 1pm game time, and can only sub in players that have yet to have a kickoff? This is pretty typical in my opinion, but you sure phrased it oddly.

or are you trying to say that after 1pm, you won't put in any player that is active that week that had a 1pm game time, and can only sub in players that have yet to have a kickoff? This is pretty typical in my opinion, but you sure phrased it oddly.

yeah...

I was also kind of talking about one of the byeweek players not being able to be pulled once kickoff started - but that makes zero sense, doesn't it. I guess that part is applicable (injuries and owners wanting to change players when they do not have access to computers), but not to bye week players.

ooops.

yeah...

I was also kind of talking about one of the byeweek players not being able to be pulled once kickoff started - but that makes zero sense, doesn't it. I guess that part is applicable (injuries and owners wanting to change players when they do not have access to computers), but not to bye week players.

So if an owner calls me at 1:15 - I will do what I can - but locked players are locked players.

ooops.

I agree with the majority that this is an ok move by the commissioner, provided the request was submitted prior to the proper deadlines. However, I've had to do a few of these myself, and I think the commissioner is obligated to contact that team's opponent (I try to send an e-mail so it's timestamped or call if I'm not near a computer) and let them know the request has come in timely, but they may not see the change until after the games have started.

This doesn't matter if the "commissioner has the power" or not. It doesn't matter where I am....if I'm at a family function or some other event on Sunday before the games start and hear that one of my players is out, etc. I'll always call the commish and tell him to sub out players.

In any league I've ever played in, a call or e-mail prior to the games is enough to let him sub in players or even make the stats retroactive after the games are done for the day.

Absolutely nothing wrong done here...people have lives and aren't always available to see injury reports before games.

Edited by joeyb7

I am involved in 3 fantasy leagues. I commish two of them...and the third on is the Interboard League.

My view in this type of issue with fantasy football is simple, it takes about maybe at TOPS 5 minutes to set your roster. I understand the busyness of everyday life, but if you can't take 5 minutes to set your roster then you should be penalized.

Hi, I was in the midst of a fantasy game Sunday at 6 PM and I noticed my commissioner changed the lineup of my opponet as he had not logged into the site to make the changes himself. I was way in control of the game and had no chance of losing. But the opponet had bye week players in the game and he replaced them with guys who was in the Sunday and Monday night games. To do this he had to put a player on the taxi aquad, pick up Elam and Sproles for him and insert them in place of his 2 bye week guys. It made no differance in the game, but my feeling is the commissioner has no place to make moves for a team. He said the guy couldn't get to it before the games started and asked him to do this for him. He is the worse them in the league. We do not play for money, just for fun, but to me it's just plain wrong.

So should a commissioner be allowed to do this?

And can a team replace bye week players after the games start and they haven't submitted a new lineup.

BTW, we can put in our lineup any time during the week all the way until that players kickoff. If we do not submit a lineup, our previous weeks lineup goes in by default (Thus the guys on bye weeks). Once the 1oclock games starts, the bye week players have a 0 put by thier names as thier scores whereas all others who games have not started just have a - out from them. I assumed that when they were credited with 0 at the start of play of the week, the bye players have been scored and cannot be replaced. I don't know so I am asking.

Please let me know what you think.

Just want to make sure I'm not wrongly concerned.

Thanks!

Changes can be made up to 5 minutes before any game starts. After that the team gets a zero for an illegal lineup. Period.

Commish did the right thing IMO. If the guy can't get to the computer to do it, he should be able to give the commish the ability to fix his lineup. It's not fair to the other teams in the league to let somebody get a cake win because the opposition didn't submit a full lineup.

6PM on Sunday night??? You're an idiot. :wacko:

there was nothing wrong with what was done....

not everyone can sit by a computer during the entire pre-game espn/fox/cbs rant shows and then make the move necessary at gametime...

some people have things to do...

Would you leave your wife alone and get with the program?... :wacko:

He said the guy couldn't get to it before the games started and asked him to do this for him.

This makes it legit and correct.

This is exactly what makes it illegal and incorrect. :wacko: He only had 6 DAYS to do it. :D

This is clearly a wife move.....

Obviously a rookie game with no pre-set rules.

very surprised at the responses here.....

I'd think that there would be an overwheming number of people in support of lynching your commish.....

But it seems like most people are OK with what he did.

For me, it all comes down to when the player contacted the commish and asked him to make the changes....was it before the games that the players that were picked up started?

If it was after, then that's a no no. If it's before and the commish just didn't make the changes in time, then that's OK.

Also, what ar he waiver wire rules? an owner pick player during games? Or did the owner contact the commish prior to the waiver wire cut time and asked him to make the changes.?

Also, what are the rules on this? This should be clearly stated on what's acceptable and what's not.

I'm the commish of my league of 12 years, and I allow owners to submit changes to their lineup via e-mail, phone ,text, website, or smoke signals as long as it's prior to the kickoff of the game those players are in and those players are not replacing players already playing.

Yup, what I said.

This is how my money league does it as well. As money's involved, I would verbally assault my commissioner if he changed a team's lineup after the game had started, if the commissioner had made the changes without specific request from the team's owner and/or if the commissioner made the changes after a late call from the owner. But if a roster change request was made prior to kickoff, and the commissioner just didn't get to it in time, I would be okay with the late change. But ONLY at the player's timely and specific request. In the 21st century, if the owner doesn't care enough to at least grab a cell phone and take two minutes to call somebody about it and say play this person who's already on my team, or pick up this person from the waiver wire on drop that person, he doesn't deserve to have a chance to win. I know that some will say "But what if we can't get to a phone?" I just reply that that's one of the perils of playing fantasy football for money.

Obviously never been involved in a slow slobbering love affair.

Ok, a'm fine now......move along sheeple......nothing to see here...

If you're that stupid, that player OBVIOUSLY gets a zero! Are you kidding me? :wacko:

Bottom line, I have no sympathy for people that have last minute decision(s) and place themselves in a way not to be able to re-act. I.E. You happen to watch Devin Hester run back a kick off and you're instantly on the phone. You'd last 2 minutes in one of our leagues.

The sympathy you're getting here is absolutely astounding to me.

I am involved in 3 fantasy leagues. I commish two of them...and the third on is the Interboard League.

My view in this type of issue with fantasy football is simple, it takes about maybe at TOPS 5 minutes to set your roster. I understand the busyness of everyday life, but if you can't take 5 minutes to set your roster then you should be penalized.

I second that in a heart beat. If you don't have enough interest to take a few minutes to set a lineup, you really shouldn't waste everyones time being in the league at all.

So you've never been away from a computer for an entire weekend?

I second that in a heart beat. If you don't have enough interest to take a few minutes to set a lineup, you really shouldn't waste everyones time being in the league at all.

It's not about interest, it's about ability. Since my family comes first, I shouldn't bother with FF? Stupid statement.