[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What Seattle is the "real" Seattle?

Coach1310

This is sure a hard team to put a finger on. one week they look unbeatable(I know vs. the Jags) and the next they look terrible. Any insiders out there that can shed some light on this. I own Housh and Burleson, but I don't think I can count on either anymore..... are they gonna be an NFC West Contender or Pretender???

Don't give up on the WR's. True the O line is much worse now that Walter Jones is out (for how long..I don't know) and Hutch left for the Vikings. Here is the key...they can't run the ball. So Matt has to air it out. They are great at home, and I think last week was an anomaly. I have Burleson on my team and start him every week.

Edited by SHOCKandAWE

At this point, their O-Lineman are wearing spamshirts that read "YOUR NAME HERE" on the back.

Since Hasselbeck is the lynchpin of the entire offense, I'd say the best bet to predict their performance will be to look at the pass-rush of their opponent.

STRONG = expect something similar to Cardinals & Colts

WEAK = expect something similar to Jaguars & Rams

Don't give up on the WR's. True the O line is much worse now that Walter Jones is out (for how long..I don't know) and Hutch left for the Vikings. Here is the key...they can't run the ball. So Matt has to air it out. They are great at home, and I think last week was an anomaly. I have Burleson on my team and start him every week.

The WR's will be spotty at best.

This team has lost confidence and momentum. Matt will make them confident enough to win against the bad teams, but they simply do not have the mental toughness or attitude to compete against the more talented teams. I fear it may be an ugly few years in Seattle. They just have so few good young pieces to give them that "juice". They have decent talent on paper, but just no energy whatsoever, the kind of energy that only young players can provide. Mojo is the most important part of a winning team in these days of relative parody, and the Seahawks simply don't have much of it. Matt tries to bring it, but the toughness of the 05' Seahawks is almost completely gone, especially the nastiness of the O-line. They will remain incredibly inconsistent. If I had drafted Housh, or Burleson, I would be selling for whatever I could get. Just too inconsistent to be relied on as fantasy starters.

I've said 6-10 since the outset. Now I'm hoping for 5-11.