[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Analysis on Steve Smith...is he the real deal?

I am on the fence whether he is legitimate or not. Is he a third year break out or just lucky thus far?

This Year so far he is

WAS16.2 6/80

@DAL22.2 10/134/1

@TB23.6 7/63/1

@KC24.5 11/134/2

OAK18.2 3/70

@NO21.2 4/44

Past Games Recpetions/Yards/TDS

2007 5 8/63/0

2008 16 57/ 574/1

2009 6 41/525/4

Remaining Schedule

ARI 22.8 @PHI 13.8 SD 15.8 BYE ATL 16.1 @DEN 14.1 DAL 22.2 PHI 13.8 @WAS 16.2 CAR 12.6 @MIN 18.3

I think he is certainly legit. Manning looks for him first and often. Now the question will be how he adjusts to the extra defensive attention. The past two week he has seen fewer targets. Against NOS, he was 4th on his team in targets.

For FF this season, I think he has definitely peaked. Sell high, I just did.

Gave SSmith, DMason for Fitz and Caddy.

For those who read The Onion, here is their take on Steve Smith.

http://www.theonion.com/content/infograph/steve_smith

He's still Manning's favorite target, his route-running makes him a great posession ppr guy, but the TD totals were never going to keep up. I drafted him in round 14 in one league and I think we're going to start seeing more realistic numbers. You know, 6-70 kind of days.

I don't think he's 'peaked' at all. The Oakland game he had awesome stats for a half and then he basically sat along with Eli... Last week Eli missed him on a sure TD early and the game quickly got of out hand in the Saints favor, hard to factor that game in. He's generally not the deep threat that Mario and Nicks are, so he won't see constant doubles and is easily the PPR guy on this club. If you can get a nice offer him, maybe you deal him... but generally speaking, the production you're going to get from him as compared to where you probably drafted him (or waiver wired him) won't compare to what you'll get back.

I think they may have a Toomer/Plaxico sort of deal going again and with Manningham acting as the deep threat, Smith will continue to be a benefactor. He'll likely have down games like he did vs the Saints and therefore probably not worthy of the top 5 overall he's projected at, but I do think he's a very legit WR1. You may be selling high on him, but the owner getting him won't be left disappointed for sure.

Edited by rajncajn

I think they may have a Toomer/Plaxico sort of deal going again and with Manningham acting as the deep threat, Smith will continue to be a benefactor. He'll likely have down games like he did vs the Saints and therefore probably not worthy of the top 5 overall he's projected at, but I do think he's a very legit WR1. You may be selling high on him, but the owner getting him won't be left disappointed for sure.

I thought Hakeem Nicks was the deep threat? And where does he fit in on all this? It seems like he has or will be very shortly overtaking Manningham.

I thought Hakeem Nicks was the deep threat? And where does he fit in on all this? It seems like he has or will be very shortly overtaking Manningham.

I stand corrected... Nicks has been better than Manningham, but the thought still applies. As long as someone is a threat over the top defenses won't be able to key on Smith.