[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andre Johnson

mitpdub

Update from ESPN.com:

Coach Gary Kubiak will have an update on Johnson's chest injury Monday, the Houston Chronicle reports. "They're telling me it's a chest contusion," Kubiak said Sunday.

Spin: Johnson was taken to the hospital for X-rays, but the initial feeling is that he should be ready to play next week at Buffalo. We'll let you know if that changes.

:Fingerscrossed: :Fingerscrossed: :Fingerscrossed: :Fingerscrossed:

Another update from www.sportingnews.com

Andre Johnson - WR (rank: 2), Houston

Andre Johnson's Week 7 chest injury is not expected to keep him out of any upcoming games, according to the Houston Chronicle.

Fantasy Source spin: "They're telling me it's a chest contusion," said coach Gary Kubiak. A.J. had X-rays in a hospital after the game. Kubiak's characterization indicates that the tests came back negative for any fractures. A contusion is merely a bruise. The Texans travel to Buffalo in Week 8. Johnson is on pace to catch 87 passes for for 1,450 yards and 10 touchdowns this season.

Source: Houston Chronicle

Next 3: SF (20th in pass defense; 234.0 ypg), @BUF, @IND. Bye week: 10 Week 7 rating:

Another update from www.sportingnews.com

Andre Johnson - WR (rank: 2), Houston

Andre Johnson's Week 7 chest injury is not expected to keep him out of any upcoming games, according to the Houston Chronicle.

Fantasy Source spin: "They're telling me it's a chest contusion," said coach Gary Kubiak. A.J. had X-rays in a hospital after the game. Kubiak's characterization indicates that the tests came back negative for any fractures. A contusion is merely a bruise. The Texans travel to Buffalo in Week 8. Johnson is on pace to catch 87 passes for for 1,450 yards and 10 touchdowns this season.

Source: Houston Chronicle

Next 3: SF (20th in pass defense; 234.0 ypg), @BUF, @IND. Bye week: 10 Week 7 rating:

I am sure we will hear more in the next few days, this is the best report yet in terms of good news. Of course now we just need to figure out if Kubiak went to the Belichick school of medicine. Still have my fingers crossed here.

More Detailed Update from Rotoworld:

Kubiak: Johnson dealing with lung contusion

Texans coach Gary Kubiak revealed at his Monday press conference that Andre Johnson has a lung contusion.

"Hopefully, he'll be ready to go against Buffalo," Kubiak added, indicating some concern about A.J.'s status. Kubiak also said Johnson is "day to day," though he says that about all injured players. Johnson will likely miss some practice this week, and may come down to a game-time decision on Sunday. Oct. 26 - 4:47 pm et

Source: Nick Scurfield on Twitter

ugh, this is a critical week in fantasy. Buffalo sports a good pass D, a windy stadium, and now AJ is hurt?

Dare I bench Matt "stump the" Schaub?

Naaah...

This sucks, there's no way Terrence McGee can handle AJ in coverage.

If AJ misses this week who would take his place in the starting lineup? Andre Davis or Jacoby Jones? Leaning towards Andre Davis, since he's the one that has filled in in the past. Any Hou. homers have some insight?

Davis would most likely be the official replacement, but if I had to start one for fantasy, Jones is the better option, imo.

ESPN's Stephania Bell in her daily "injury update" chat today said that Johnson was spitting up blood on the sidelines but still wanted to play- they had to hide his helmet to keep him from going back on the field. Any injury to an internal organ like that (lung) isn't a good sign- I'm guessing he's going to have to sit at least a week for caution's sake?

Was curious about what lung contusion is and based on Wikipedia (and my lack of medical knowledge) best I could tell it sounds like a bruised lung.

What it stated was "most of the time lung contusions resolve themselves within 5-7 days", but sounds like it may cause trouble breathing for a longer time after that.

Good news here if this is true is we will hopefully know by Friday (5 days) how he is doing. :fingerscrossed:

On a related topic, for all of you Texas homers, what is going on with Walter? While I thought that his hamstring problem was over and done with, it seems like, other than that one game, he has been a non-factor thus far this season. Is there any speculation on the reason for this? What gives?