[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Leon washington on the cart

Randall

I hate to hear about anyone being "on the cart" but all of a sudden I don't feel as bad about sitting Washington for Maroney as I did a short time ago ... either way, here's hoping Leon's injury is not that bad, he's an exciting player to watch.

They just said he has a lower leg injury so that probably means no broken leg. I would guess they xray'd his leg by now. Next an MRI? Would they do one on his leg?

He reached for the area just below his knee before going to commercial.

I saw the replay on TV and I'm telling you now that Washington is either related to Gumby or he has a broken leg/ankle. His lower leg bent in a way that is just not humanly possible without something giving way. Just ugly!!

They just said he has a lower leg injury so that probably means no broken leg. I would guess they xray'd his leg by now. Next an MRI? Would they do one on his leg?

He reached for the area just below his knee before going to commercial.

Why in the world would you assume that? A broken leg or ankle is definitely a lower leg injury if it's in the right place.

Why in the world would you assume that? A broken leg or ankle is definitely a lower leg injury if it's in the right place.

Because of where he grabbed after the play. It's just a guess but it's based on what I saw. I only assume they xray'd his leg and didn't see a break.

If it's his ankle it's is about a foot away from where he grabbed.

Because of where he grabbed after the play. It's just a guess but it's based on what I saw. I only assume they xray'd his leg and didn't see a break.

If it's his ankle it's is about a foot away from where he grabbed.

Some of the older stadiums (like Oakland) don't have x-rays on-site. I would think if they x-rayed it and it was negative they would have said that. They virtually always do.

Some of the older stadiums (like Oakland) don't have x-rays on-site. I would think if they x-rayed it and it was negative they would have said that. They virtually always do.

Fine. This is the last time I'll report any injury. It's my opinion based on what I saw.

Edited by Randall

:wacko:

For a lot of years now, NFL rules requires x-ray machines at all stadiums.

Fine. This is the last time I'll report any injury. It's my opinion based on what I saw.

Not tryin' to dump on you man, I'm just trying to follow your logic from point A to point B. I didn't understand how a report of a "lower leg injury" automatically meant no broken leg, that's all. The reaction you described when he got hurt is EXACTLY the reaction Laurent Robinson had when he broke his leg in STL and it wasn't reported as officially broken until the next day.

I saw the replay on TV and I'm telling you now that Washington is either related to Gumby or he has a broken leg/ankle. His lower leg bent in a way that is just not humanly possible without something giving way. Just ugly!!

Confirmed fibula break, and bad enough that he needs surgery tonight in Oakland....couldn't even travel home with the team.

Confirmed fibula break, and bad enough that he needs surgery tonight in Oakland....couldn't even travel home with the team.

A league source tells us that Leon Washington suffered a fractured fibula in the first half of the Jets' Week Seven game against the Raiders. Washington will have surgery in Oakland because the bone broke through the skin, raising fears of infection.

Leon Washington will miss the season with a broken fibula, according to Mike Florio of profootballtalk.

Washington will undergo surgery in Oakland because the bone broke through his skin, raising fears for infection. It's a crushing loss for Washington, who has turned down competitive contract extension offers from the Jets. Broken bones usually don't mean long-term damage, though, and Washington is expected to recover in 12 weeks. Shonn Green will get more snaps and should be picked up in all available leagues. Oct. 25 - 7:34 pm et

Source: PFT on NBCSports