[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Names on the waiver wire that you never expected

whomper

I just read the thread about Forte being dropped. In my main local T.O got dropped last week. Not including injuries , what names have hit your wire this year that you never would have expected when the season started ?

I'm in a 10 team league where you have to start 3 wr/te each week. TO was dropped the first week, and I gleefully scooped him up. I dropped him a couple of weeks ago to pick up Miles Austin.

...who I didn't start yesterday (Started R Moss, Ward, Roddy) :wacko:

LT and TO were both dropped in leagues I'm in.

True story.

You know I wouldnt drop LT but I tell you what after yesterday and his 7 cracks from inside the 5 against the chiefs and no TD his value plummeted in my eyes. I knew he wasnt the LT of old anymore , dont get me wrong, but I at least thought he was serviceable. Sproles is far and away the best back on that team

I just read the thread about Forte being dropped. In my main local T.O got dropped last week. Not including injuries , what names have hit your wire this year that you never would have expected when the season started ?

I was astounded to find Vernon Davis on there last week. I was trying to trade 2 quality receivers for another guys gates since Keller wasn't working out for me. Just happened to look and BAM! Davis there for the taking! And perfect timing. I cancled the trade offer and the guy was "hey, wait, I'll do the trade" And I was "Ooo, sorry!"

Not that either of these are big deals, but I've picked up Addai and Hasselback over the past few weeks. Sadly, Addai has been one of my more dependable scorers, and has helped me to wins. Hoping that Seattle can somehow become a little more consistent and Hass can regain at least a spot start status - pending McNabb's status moving forward, which I can never figure out...

Some idiot dropped Wells last week in one of my leagues.
Is it a redraft or keeper/dynasty league? If it isn't a keeper league, I'm not sure how dropping a RB that ranks around 60th in the league fantasy wise is an idiot move. Depending on who my other RBs are and what the league setup was, I'd easily consider cutting him if I needed the roster spot for a bye week filler or something.

Is it a redraft or keeper/dynasty league? If it isn't a keeper league, I'm not sure how dropping a RB that ranks around 60th in the league fantasy wise is an idiot move. Depending on who my other RBs are and what the league setup was, I'd easily consider cutting him if I needed the roster spot for a bye week filler or something.

I actually dropped this week, but with the intent of getting him back as soon as the wire opens tomorrow, alonf with A Smith. I had no choice unless I dropped a star players or my number 1 defense to fill a bye week so I dropped him thinking most will not even look for him....

If I lose him, oh well (no pun intended)

Some idiot dropped Wells last week in one of my leagues. The same guy dropped MJD in his rookie season as well. I remember that for some reason.

In a small rostered league i wouldn't exactly call anyone an idiot for dropping wells! He looked better this week but still fumbles and i wouldn't crown his ass yet

I dropped eddie royal a few weeks back. I never thought I'd have to give up on him.

In a couple of leagues I scooped up Breaston as soon as he hit the wire, I guess he was listed as 'questionable' all year and the owners were tired of wondering whether he'd play or not.

I hope the Giants game was an abberation, because Breaston's fantasy playoff schedule is sweeeeet.