[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How concerned are you with Pierre Thomas?

Liverlips

Right before he came back from his injury somebody asked me (I think it was via PM) what I thought about PT & I told them I would hope he had a couple of great games & then sell high. Not because I didn't think he would do well, but because of inconsistency at any given position on the Saints offense. Now you have Bell healthy as well & Payton looking like he wants to use them both to have a fresh set of legs on the field. I can't remember who it was that asked, but I hope they took my advice.

I've read alot of conflicting information on PT's outlook this year, but the guy is averaging 5.6 YPC, 5 YPC/career, part of an elite offense and definitley one of the softer rush schedules from here on out - so I figured I'd take a chance on him and relieve myself of the M.A.S.H. unit in Dallas. I offered up Barber and F Jones for PT and Suggs (I'm really in need of a top DL), and got turned down. I hate how some owners think their guys are plated in 14K gold just because they own them.

He countered with Ray Rice and F Jones (from me) for Fred Jackson and Suggs. lol, gtf outta here.

Right before he came back from his injury somebody asked me (I think it was via PM) what I thought about PT & I told them I would hope he had a couple of great games & then sell high. Not because I didn't think he would do well, but because of inconsistency at any given position on the Saints offense. Now you have Bell healthy as well & Payton looking like he wants to use them both to have a fresh set of legs on the field. I can't remember who it was that asked, but I hope they took my advice.

PT is getting the bulk of the carries from the 1st through the 3rd and then Bell gets most of the work in the 4th. I still think PT will have a productive year and the schedule is looking more promising for them to put some running games together.

PT is getting the bulk of the carries from the 1st through the 3rd and then Bell gets most of the work in the 4th. I still think PT will have a productive year and the schedule is looking more promising for them to put some running games together.

That is very true about the schedule, but when you factor in the number of carries Bell is getting & when he is getting them then it's plain to see that it may very well limit PT's value. especially considering a lot of owners were expecting him to have the full-time role. In preseason I had expected Bush to play a bigger part & combined with Bell's few carries it would limit PT's production. Admittedly I was a bit off the mark on Bush, although I do think he will come around. But the fact that PT has been limited by the other backs remains obviously true.

that's why i have thomas & bell

I fail to see how this helps...sure I have Thomas and Bell together in multiple leagues...and it helps me not at all.

They split the carries and do nothing because of it

So are you saying your going to start them both and waste 2 spots on your line up each week hoping for a TD ?

Or do you throw a dart and guess at which one will do something this week ?

unless 1 of them gets hurt Sean Peyton is making them both useless for Fantasy

I fail to see how this helps...sure I have Thomas and Bell together in multiple leagues...and it helps me not at all.

They split the carries and do nothing because of it

So are you saying your going to start them both and waste 2 spots on your line up each week hoping for a TD ? no

Or do you throw a dart and guess at which one will do something this week ? nope

unless 1 of them gets hurt Sean Peyton is making them both useless for Fantasy

actually they are both riding the pine right now. i used thomas as a bye week fill-in this week. i have other RB's who are better starts week in & week out.

to start the season I had Bell to go with Ray Rice with Bradshaw as my #3 along with McGahee/R Bush/P Thomas as backups...

then I went with Rice and Thomas...

now it's Bradshaw and Rice and it looks like it's staying that way unless Bell or Thomas gets hurt.....or if Bush starts getting used more in the passing game....

i have a tough decision coming up. at least it should be tough, but i won't make it tough.

after week 8, we drop 5 players from our 15-man roster. i have a good team. i have 10 guys who are worth more this year tan pierre thomas. but i don't have 10 guys who are beter than pierre thomas was for the final 6 weeks or so last year.

i don't see how i can cut him. i'm going to give him the rest of the year to see how things shake out. we also start 13 out of our 15 players each week, so it isn't like i can just sit him. an injury or two and i have no choice but to play him.

i know if i trade him, he blows up, too.

i have a tough decision coming up. at least it should be tough, but i won't make it tough.

after week 8, we drop 5 players from our 15-man roster. i have a good team. i have 10 guys who are worth more this year tan pierre thomas. but i don't have 10 guys who are beter than pierre thomas was for the final 6 weeks or so last year.

i don't see how i can cut him. i'm going to give him the rest of the year to see how things shake out. we also start 13 out of our 15 players each week, so it isn't like i can just sit him. an injury or two and i have no choice but to play him.

i know if i trade him, he blows up, too.

:wacko: If you drop 5 from 15= 10 players, then how can you start 13. and why week 8 what about the week 9 & 10 byes. another question why do people play complicated rules FF?

My other RB2 options are Hightower, Caddy, & Ward, so, yes, I'm extremely concerned about Pierre Thomas................ :wacko:

BTW, my personal prediction for PT against Atl is 140+ combined yards and 2 TD's. I'll probably get laughed out of the forum on this prediction, but oh well. PT will be in my flex this week, for sure!

Should you be worried? YES. FF is all about consistency. If you have a guy that puts up 60 combined yds and no TD's one week and then 140 yds and 2 TD's the next, there's a chance that you don't even have him in your lineup for that blow up game. The only way PT or Bell have significant value is if one of them gets hurt.

BTW, my personal prediction for PT against Atl is 140+ combined yards and 2 TD's. I'll probably get laughed out of the forum on this prediction, but oh well. PT will be in my flex this week, for sure!

I'd love to see it, but I seriously doubt that any 1 back for the Saints puts up those stats against Atlanta.

Why? When they are both healthy, neither is reliable. You can flip a coin, and hope for the best.

You kinda answered the question yourself with your reply. The only real value they have is if one of them gets hurt, so you should have both and if one of them gets injured you have a #1 RB to play.

Why? When they are both healthy, neither is reliable. You can flip a coin, and hope for the best.

:wacko: Why what?

1 + 1 = 2... if you only have 1, then you only have 1. If you have both, you have 2. If you only own Bell or you only own PT, then you only own a share of the ~140 rush yards and 1 or 2 TDs per game the Saints RB position produces. And if you only own one, then you'll have ZERO should that one get injured.

So going back to my banal statement that for PT owners, Bell was a must have before week 1... yeah, owning PT isn't so great right now but if you added Bell before week 1 at least you're not totally up a creek.

I would be worried about conistency from all New Orleans saint players except for Brees and maybe Colston

They have too many players to get consistent weekly production to count on any except for Brees and Colston

Bell , thomas , Bush , Henderson , Shockey , Meachem and Moore can be great , world beaters one game and do nothing the next because someone else is getting the looks , the passes , the runs , etc

thats my 2 cents

I would be worried about conistency from all New Orleans saint players except for Brees and maybe Colston

This would be true if you're talking only about the passing game.

The NO running game is different. Last week was weird thanks to Brees' sneaks, but had either or both of those TDs ended up with Bell or Thomas your post would make no sense. It would've been the 2nd week in a row Bell scored with some decent yardage. It would've been the 2nd week in a row PT logged a decent game. It would've been the 6th week in a row either Bell or PT were decent FF starts.

In the first 6 games, either PT or Bell or both have accounted for about 100 yds of offense and a TD. Sometimes more. Those numbers are about as consistent as you can get. In the past 2 games, it's been split. But even if both are healthy, neither present a particularly bad FF start. Especially when the matchups are better.

Put another way... in a league with only 10 or 12 non-RBBCs, you're going to have these type of FF dilemmas. And of the RBBCs, this is one of the better and more productive ones.

Edited by kingfish247

:wacko: Why what?

1 + 1 = 2... if you only have 1, then you only have 1. If you have both, you have 2. If you only own Bell or you only own PT, then you only own a share of the ~140 rush yards and 1 or 2 TDs per game the Saints RB position produces. And if you only own one, then you'll have ZERO should that one get injured.

So going back to my banal statement that for PT owners, Bell was a must have before week 1... yeah, owning PT isn't so great right now but if you added Bell before week 1 at least you're not totally up a creek.

Thats a lot of ifs. What if neither are hurt? Then you are royally screwed.

As a PT owner, I'd sell to the Bell owner and hope he felt the way you do. But no way do I want both, taking up two spots on my roster and neither one trustworthy to start. Owners of Cowboy's RBs are in this spot right now, too. I have Barber/Choice in one league, and haven't guessed right yet, so both were on my pine last week (thank God).

If I was going to own two RBs from the same team, it would be guys like Williams/Stewart, Brown/Williams, etc. At least with those tandems, you know you have (1) a clear #1 or (2) have two RBs from the same team where you can start either.

PT was drafted as a low RB1 by most....and right now, there are a dozen+ other RBs I'd rather have.