[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Wells - Week 8

RussMan

Just in time for the BYE weeks and to cover injuries.. I'm going to finally take the cover off Beanie Wells for my Flex spot this week. He is steadily getting more work, looked good this weekend, and has a favorable matchup at home vs the Panthers.

Beanie Wells, Cardinals

faf_rockstar.jpgWells has been on the Forecast’s radar for awhile but it took until Week 7 for him to finally get enough touches to make him roster-worthy in all leagues. After Tim Hightower fumbled Sunday night against the Giants, Wells got the opportunity he needed. He carried the ball 14 times for 67 yards and a touchdown and added two catches for 11 yards. Wells deployed a vicious stiff arm a few times and ran with intensity Arizona has never had in a RB. On a few plays, he reminded me of Marion Barber—a closer who can punish defenses in the late goings. Look for the carries to be split evenly between Wells and Hightower from now on. Add Wells and don’t be afraid to start him this week against a Panthers defense that has allowed a RB touchdown every game this season.

He's on my bench but I'm about there with you.

And allow me to say this about that....

I've been hearing that Wells can't block which has been one of the main reasons Hightower gets as much PT as he does. Well... I saw Hightower try to block Sunday night and he sucks at it. Not sure why people think Hightower is all that in that regard.

I have a WW request in for him. I've been debating between him and Greene (not very deep rosters in this league). I'm thinking Wells is the better of the two because of the schedule. Hopefully I get Wells as I've heard good things about his last game.

I have a WW request in for him. I've been debating between him and Greene (not very deep rosters in this league). I'm thinking Wells is the better of the two because of the schedule. Hopefully I get Wells as I've heard good things about his last game.

I picked up greene in place of Knox. Greene looked GREAT, but the Raiders have an ability to make players look great. I hope he's the real deal.

Anyone else getting the eery feeling that Wells is going to be one of those players you just never know when you can start? When he has a nice matchup and you count on him, he'll leave you hanging. When you have him benched, he will have his better games. As DMD basically said, (paraphrasing) who woulda thought it would be in NY vs the G-men that he'd finally have a noteworthy game after doing very little against much lesser rush defenses? At least, I think it was DMD that said it... :wacko:

I could certainly be way wrong on this (as I realize his career is in its infancy) but its just the early impression I am getting :D

I like the fact that the Cards showed the confidence to play Wells on the road against a very good NYG team. They appear to have a plan to increase his workload and are sticking to the plan. Wells should be up to speed and ready to roll as Arizona makes their ( and our ) playoff run.

Now if he can just hang on to the ball so they keep him in at the goal line he could payoff big.

Read below what Coach Wiz says about the rook and starting. He and Hightower will split carries . Hightower will remain the starter.

Risk vs reward on this one.

But the integration process for the rookie running back will remain gradual, coach Ken Whisenhunt said Monday, and he isn’t going to replace Tim Hightower as a starter anytime soon.

“I just don’t think Beanie is ready yet,” Whisenhunt said.

Wells got his most extensive work of the season during Sunday night’s win in New York, gaining 67 yards on 14 carries and scoring his first touchdown. That success included a five-yard loss on one play in which Wells tried to make something big happen instead of plowing ahead for a shorter loss.

Whisenhunt praised Wells and acknowledged that Wells will, at some point, likely enjoy a huge game with a breakaway run or two. But Wells had another fumble – his fourth in just 49 attempts, although he’s lost just one – and that gives Whisenhunt pause.

Whisenhunt praised Wells and acknowledged that Wells will, at some point, likely enjoy a huge game with a breakaway run or two. But Wells had another fumble – his fourth in just 49 attempts, although he’s lost just one – and that gives Whisenhunt pause.

This is what I find interesting. Hightower has had 3 fumbles but has lost 2 while the NFL network is reporting Beanie with only 3 (not 4) fumbles and only lost 1. Technically, Hightower is worse in this catagory.

I'm also dusting off Wells this year, as my FLEX player. I have Slaton and Ray Rice and if Wells can give me 60 and 1td this week (his stats from week 7), I'll be quite pleased. Hightower is terrible, the guy is a younger LJ, hand him the ball and fall down for 2 yd gain. So little upside with him. Hopefully Wells doesn't fumble away his chance to stake claim to the starting job.

Yea, I got lucky enough to pick up Wells and Greene this week in the WW and I'm going to plug Wells into my RB2 spot (lack of options). Right now I'm optimistic. Usually these types of rookies have a breakout game against some weak St. Louis-esque opponent. And I'm not saying the Giant's D isn't struggling with some injuries, but their run D has been pretty solid. If Wells can do that against the G men, he should be solid against CAR / CHI / SEA / STL and some of the other defenses they face.

Beanie Wells could be huge in the playoffs

Week 14 San Francisco

Week 15 Detroit

Week 16 St. Louis (Superbowl)

San Fran may be tough but I could really see him doing well in weeks 15 and 16. Great reserve player in case an injury occurs and possibly a great starter in the playoffs and super bowl. I just hope the cards have enough confidence in him to give him the ball more. They definitely need to establish the run.