[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anthony Gonzalez?

Slugs3511

GONZALEZ IS 2 WEEKS OUT FROM REAL GAMETIME ACTION.....HE MAY PLAY THIS WEEKEND, BUT I DOUBT IT......HE WILL WORK HIS WAY BACK INTO #2 STATUS SO GRAB HIM OR HOLD ONTO HIM FOR YOUR PLAYOFFS......I AM!

exactly...he'll be back in a few weeks despite likely practicing this week...

but for god sakes man....you didn't have to yell!

I get the feeling at the end of the season I'll look back and wonder why I kept Gonzo all year.... I'm not optomistic.

I did this last year with some WR....I can't remember which player he was.....but he was a WR and I kept him on my team all year only wo watch him play extremely mediocre football down the stretch...

:wacko: I would agree with this statement only if it did not include the QB that he has throwing to him....Of course there have been years where Peyton wasn't playing well, according to his standards, but he is playing well this year. I think when he comes back, Anthony Gonzo will be a vital part of the offense again. Collie and Garcon have fallen off since their first couple of games and Gonzo is needed....

Published Wed Nov 4 1:06:00 p.m. CT 2009

(Rotoworld) Colts coach Jim Caldwell revealed Wednesday that Anthony Gonzalez is getting a second opinion on his lingering knee injury.

Analysis: Beat writer Phil B. Wilson calls it "not a good sign" and doesn't expect Gonzalez to return "anytime soon." The second opinion will presumably come from Dr. James Andrews, and is being pursued to find out whether Gonzalez needs surgery on his sprained torn PCL. Strongly consider dropping Gonzalez if there are potential impact players on your waiver wire.

http://blogs.indystar.com/philb/2009/11/ha..._more_news.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4628597

The team announced that on Thursday, wide receiver Anthony Gonzalez underwent arthroscopic knee surgery.

Gonzalez, who has missed most of the season, suffered a recent setback in practice that led to surgery to clean out loose particles in his right knee, the team said. Gonzalez is expected to miss two to three weeks, a team source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

With my playoffs starting in week 14, is it pointless to keep holding onto this guy?
If you have other options, I'd look there. His timetable to return is very uncertain. There is no guarantee that he would play. And if he does play, he may not be at the level he was previously capable of. And if he was playing at that level, he's essentially lost over a half season of rapport with Manning. And even if he retains that rapport, there are so many targets on the Colts that the ball will be spread around a lot. Plus, there is also the risk that the Colts shut it down towards the end of the season. It wouldn't be hard to imagine that by week 15 that they've cinched the division at least.

There are a lot of things that would have to come together in order to have him be of significant fantasy value. Not saying that it couldn't happen, just that I don't think it will.

Plus, there is also the risk that the Colts shut it down towards the end of the season. It wouldn't be hard to imagine that by week 15 that they've cinched the division at least.

:wacko:

Not sure that, with all the injuries on defense, the Colts are going to have anything wrapped up by Week 15....certianly not home-field advantage. I highly doubt anything gets shut down with 2-3 games to play.

I too have him and considered dropping him for a second K, as I start Mason Crosby, and am trying to pickup a warm weather kicker. With that, I'm going to hold him until the wheels fall off because you can guarantee another team in deep leagues is carrying dead weight they're willing to part with to roll the dice on Gonzo. My luck would be he comes back to bite me in the tail, which would suck real bad. When the time comes to reconsider starting Crosby I'll just dump him for the best available K. Gonzo was my 5th pick in Rotobowl, a 12 team league, and the competition is very strong. Hold him if you can and curse him until the end!!!!