[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cork Screws

evil_gop_liars

So I go to open a bottle of Fat Bassturd pinot noir and apparently it has a fat effin (for detlef) cork. I grab this cork screw which I IMO is a horrible design I've busted this kind before and I busted another one last night. So I go and grab ole' dependable and this thing goes TU right at the hinge. I have a direct pull kind but this cork ain't budging. I even try a screw driver and hammer to push this thing in, the screw driver just sinks right into the composite cork. I finally bust out my pocket knife and jab down into the cork and was able to twist it into the bottle.

So my question is. What is the best cork screw available? I now need to buy a couple.

Now I've had some tough corks but this was ridiculous. Do Italian's make cheap composite corks?

So I go to open a bottle of Fat Bassturd pinot noir and apparently it has a fat effin (for detlef) cork. I grab this cork screw which I IMO is a horrible design I've busted this kind before and I busted another one last night. So I go and grab ole' dependable and this thing goes TU right at the hinge. I have a direct pull kind but this cork ain't budging. I even try a screw driver and hammer to push this thing in, the screw driver just sinks right into the composite cork. I finally bust out my pocket knife and jab down into the cork and was able to twist it into the bottle.

So my question is. What is the best cork screw available? I now need to buy a couple.

Now I've had some tough corks but this was ridiculous. Do Italian's make cheap composite corks?

My wife loves the rabbit. I prefer my Laguiole. Have yet to come across a cork that it wouldn't pull.

My wife loves the rabbit. I prefer my Laguiole. Have yet to come across a cork that it wouldn't pull.

If I need to open a lot of bottles quickly for a party, I prefer the Rabbit; if not, I use my Languiole too - it just adds something to opening a nice bottle of wine.