[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How good is Boise State ?

Henry Muto

I guess that's why Alabama's best offensive lineman and Outland Trophy winner basically decided his college career was at an end and contacted an agent prior to the Sugar Bowl -- resulting in his suspension from the team.

Listen, I am not defending Alabama coming out completely flat and unmotivated. I hated to see that displayed in the Sugar Bowl.... but the facts are simple: the Tide played Florida to a virtual standstill for 3+ quarters in the SEC Championship, then came out the next game and got waxed by a MAC team.

So, I guess Utah would have beaten Florida and Oklahoma too had they played.

Don't know one way or another, they didn't play. Utah did play Alabama and put a hurtin' on them. It's all about execution and match ups. Utah matched up well with Alabama and beat them. It's such disrespect to your opponent to conveniently say, well if they beat us, it's because we weren't motivated, but by god if we win, then add that 13th national championship. But if it makes you feel better to believe that, then fine. I'm looking for something to make me feel better about Iowa losing to Northwestern last week, but I can't find anything. Losses are losses, and wins are wins.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that's why Alabama's best offensive lineman and Outland Trophy winner basically decided his college career was at an end and contacted an agent prior to the Sugar Bowl -- resulting in his suspension from the team.

Pleaseee ....Tell me that you're not serious with this? So ..... this proves your point? Do you think that this might have happened because of bad judgment by the kid? The same kid that continued to make bad choices through his entry into the NFL and those same bad choices that has his FAT A$$ at home watching Sunday football in his lazy-boy?

And as far as beating Oklahoma and Florida ..... the result would have been the same if UF and OU failed to execute as Alabama did.

Edited by theprofessor

See this is why a playoff wouldn't be any better. Fans and especially Bama fans would still make excuses even when they get soundly defeated.

Take all the shots you want at Bama fans but this is exactly why you need a playoff. No excuses for not getting up for the game.

Still bitter that they knocked you out of the title chase?

Winning 2 in the past few years certainly makes it easier to handle. But absolutely NO to your question. As far as we know LSU could be the 3rd best team in the nation, however if a playoff was in place they might actually win the thing. Is that really fair?

Don't know one way or another, they didn't play. Utah did play Alabama and put a hurtin' on them. It's all about execution and match ups. Utah matched up well with Alabama and beat them. It's such disrespect to your opponent to conveniently say, well if they beat us, it's because we weren't motivated, but by god if we win, then add that 13th national championship. But if it makes you feel better to believe that, then fine. I'm looking for something to make me feel better about Iowa losing to Northwestern last week, but I can't find anything. Losses are losses, and wins are wins.

I don't recall saying or implying that Utah beat Bama only because the Tide failed to show up -- and if they had Bama would have killed them. I never said that and don't believe it to be so. Utah had a top notch team last year and may have won regardless of motivations, etc. You guys are reading waaay to much into my posts. I'm a Tide fan, but don't wear crimson colored blinders.... at least not all the time. :wacko:

My point was this: Utah absolutely killed them from the opening bell.... no? Which should strike any college football fan who actually watches games as odd considering Bama had taken a lead against the Gators into the 4th Quarter just one game prior.

But here come the Utes who open a can of whoop-a$$ on Bama from the opening kick.... and that's simply because of matching up well? Come on - talk about convenient. Anyone who tuned in last year's Sugar Bowl saw a flat, unmotivated, and yes I will say it, outcoached Alabama team. The Utes were flying around and wanted the game. Alabama didn't. And saying/believing that doesn't make me "feel better".

Winning 2 in the past few years certainly makes it easier to handle. But absolutely NO to your question. As far as we know LSU could be the 3rd best team in the nation, however if a playoff was in place they might actually win the thing. Is that really fair?

First off, it's unlikely that they're the 3rd best team in the country. They may be, but it's not likely. Secondly, it's also unlikely they'd make the 8 team play-off considering automatic bids, so they wouldn't have a say anyway. However, say they opened it to 12. I'd have a much easier time accepting LSU as the Natl Champ if they made it through 4 rounds of games involving the top 12 ranked teams even if that allowed them another crack (or even a route that avoided them if Bama and FL tripped up along the way) than I do of just deciding that a team that has done nothing but beat everyone in front of them a shot at proving they're the best.

But we've gone down the road, so it's pointless to argue with you yet again. I'm sure you have some lame retort.

I don't recall saying or implying that Utah beat Bama only because the Tide failed to show up -- and if they had Bama would have killed them. I never said that and don't believe it to be so. Utah had a top notch team last year and may have won regardless of motivations, etc. You guys are reading waaay to much into my posts. I'm a Tide fan, but don't wear crimson colored blinders.... at least not all the time. :wacko:

My point was this: Utah absolutely killed them from the opening bell.... no? Which should strike any college football fan who actually watches games as odd considering Bama had taken a lead against the Gators into the 4th Quarter just one game prior.

But here come the Utes who open a can of whoop-a$$ on Bama from the opening kick.... and that's simply because of matching up well? Come on - talk about convenient. Anyone who tuned in last year's Sugar Bowl saw a flat, unmotivated, and yes I will say it, outcoached Alabama team. The Utes were flying around and wanted the game. Alabama didn't. And saying/believing that doesn't make me "feel better".

Let's put this to rest. Utah went 13-0 last year and were a better team than Alabama and that is why they dominated them all night.

If they qualified for my 12 team tournament, and won it all, I would have no problem calling them National Champions. So yes, I absolutely think it's fair.

Guess we'll find out this upcoming weekend if LSU can hang with Boise since the Tigers will be playing the only common opponent LA Tech on Saturday. Didn't watch the Boise vs Tech game, but based on the final score LSU better quickly get over their lost vs the Tide.

Well it looks like you were right with the Tigers getting over the loss to Bama quickly......seeing as Boise was up on La-Tech 27-7 at halftime and LSU is down 13-10 at halftime on a Tebo'es "jump pass" (please make the flashback's stop). Boise did however have to travel a bit further to Ruston, La than LSU did though.......oh wait, the Tigers are at home :wacko:

Good thing there is another half of football to win by more than 10........like "little" Boise did.

Oregon

Miami (OH)

Fresno State

Bowling Green

UC Davis

Tulsa

Hawaii

San Jose State

Louisiana Tech

Idaho

Utah State

Nevada

New Mexico State

ENOUGH SAID. Seriously.

How much grief would Florida or Alabama or Texas or Oklahoma or USC get for this schedule?

Well it looks like you were right with the Tigers getting over the loss to Bama quickly......seeing as Boise was up on La-Tech 27-7 at halftime and LSU is down 13-10 at halftime on a Tebo'es "jump pass" (please make the flashback's stop). Boise did however have to travel a bit further to Ruston, La than LSU did though.......oh wait, the Tigers are at home :wacko:

Good thing there is another half of football to win by more than 10........like "little" Boise did.

I do know my LSU football. :D Same thing happen last year after Bama game.

If you attended the game Saturday you would have to agree LSU would have been much better off playing LA Tech on the road where they could have rid themselves of the so call LSU fans who actually booed our backup QB the entire game. What a fricken joke. :D