[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

USC is Toast

Lady.hawke

The media must be sooooo pissed now - there darlings dropped another game, but I'm sure they will find a way to hipe them anyway.

I'm not going to argue the media love they get, but I must say I find it more than funny to listen to you and Rocker harp about it. Because LSU never gets any love at all, right?

I'm not going to argue the media love they get, but I must say I find it more than funny to listen to you and Rocker harp about it. Because LSU never gets any love at all, right?

It's called in inferiority complex. You see, LSU fans somehow feel a need to defend there 2003 championship, because MOST people believe that the AP got it right, when the AP awarded a national championship to Southern California, and USC woulda beat LSU.

Makes no sense to me, because I think most fair-minded folks would recognize both as national champions. I do anyway. It just is funny that LSU fans always need to feel like they have to justify it, when they have the crystal football to prove it.

Then please explain to me why Oregon is ranked over Iowa this week - My guess is the the Media still beleives that USC is a great team. The AP poll is crap, bunch of writers who are homers.

They do think a win over USC is impressive, combine that with the fact that Iowa hasn't looked impressive against teams they should blow out, and fair or not, getting punished for it, COMBINED with the fact that they are being punished for Ohio State falling on there faces in 2 straight BCS NC games. As a Hawkeye fan, I'm disappointed yes, shocked no. Bottom line is they can only keep playing against who is in front of them. Not gonna dwell on rankings at this point in the season. Whatever happens happens.

#4 BCS - where it counts

Thats true, but as I've said in a previous post, this dream could end against any one of the remaining 3 opponents. Northwestern, Ohio State (obviously the most difficult hurdle), and Minnesota. All 3 teams could beat my Hawks, and I wouldn't be shocked at all. Then again, I wouldn't be shocked at all if Iowa beat all 3 either, nor would I be shocked if they won their bowl game. It's that kind of team.

Then please explain to me why Oregon is ranked over Iowa this week - My guess is the the Media still beleives that USC is a great team. The AP poll is crap, bunch of writers who are homers.

You do realize that was the first time USC lost by more than a TD in several years. That this was the first "big game" loss for USC since the UT game. Hate to break your bubble, but USC is one of the premier teams of the last 10 years and this has nothing to do with media bias. It has everything to do with not only winning, but typically dominating every big game they've played in that time. Was it media love that made people think, "USC simply does not lose these types of games." Or was it just the fact that USC simply does not lose these types of games. And Oregon beat them by nearly 4 TDs. That's a freaking huge win.

And in a season like this where nobody is really taking care of business, that's gotta count for something. As for Iowa, Brian said it well. The Big 10 has lost some credibility of late, so just making it through undefeated, especially if you're not scheduling a strong OOC schedule is not got going to cut it, especially if you're not crushing weaker teams. At this point in the game, voters have to look at an undefeated Big 10 (or Big East or, even ACC) team in much the same light they do one from a stronger non-BCS conference. I realize that it's not entirely fair to penalize a team this year for failures of the conference elite in the past. However, what has the Big 10 done this year to make anyone think it's any stronger? OSU has regressed. Michigan still isn't all that good. Penn St and Iowa haven't played anyone.

Of course, if Iowa is just good enough to come out on the winning side of the ledger every week, that should be enough and exactly why they should be allowed to prove it in a play-off.

You do realize that was the first time USC lost by more than a TD in several years. That this was the first "big game" loss for USC since the UT game. Hate to break your bubble, but USC is one of the premier teams of the last 10 years and this has nothing to do with media bias. It has everything to do with not only winning, but typically dominating every big game they've played in that time. Was it media love that made people think, "USC simply does not lose these types of games." Or was it just the fact that USC simply does not lose these types of games. And Oregon beat them by nearly 4 TDs. That's a freaking huge win.

And in a season like this where nobody is really taking care of business, that's gotta count for something. As for Iowa, Brian said it well. The Big 10 has lost some credibility of late, so just making it through undefeated, especially if you're not scheduling a strong OOC schedule is not got going to cut it, especially if you're not crushing weaker teams. At this point in the game, voters have to look at an undefeated Big 10 (or Big East or, even ACC) team in much the same light they do one from a stronger non-BCS conference. I realize that it's not entirely fair to penalize a team this year for failures of the conference elite in the past. However, what has the Big 10 done this year to make anyone think it's any stronger? OSU has regressed. Michigan still isn't all that good. Penn St and Iowa haven't played anyone.

Of course, if Iowa is just good enough to come out on the winning side of the ledger every week, that should be enough and exactly why they should be allowed to prove it in a play-off.

This guy gets it.

Thats true, but as I've said in a previous post, this dream could end against any one of the remaining 3 opponents. Northwestern, Ohio State (obviously the most difficult hurdle), and Minnesota. All 3 teams could beat my Hawks, and I wouldn't be shocked at all. Then again, I wouldn't be shocked at all if Iowa beat all 3 either, nor would I be shocked if they won their bowl game. It's that kind of team.

Rose Bowl matchup doesn't look promising.

Which, unless you're a fan of the BCS system like Rocker, would be all Iowa fans would ever ask for. A Chip and a Chair. Iowa's OOC schedule wasn't that bad though, hence why they are #1 in the computers. Arizona is an upper tier Pac 10 team, and I'm told, by wildcat and others that the Pac 10 is at the very least the 2nd best conference (I happen to agree with him, Oregon, and USC are outstanding, and Cal, Arizona, and Oregon State are all solid clubs, and Washington is the type of team you can't sleep on). Iowa State is better than what we thought they were gonna be. By better I simply mean most expected them to go 1-11 or 2-10, and now they still have a shot to at least become bowl eligable. And the division FCS team (which EVERYONE schedules) Northern Iowa is a championship contender this year, and obviously last year, so they couldn't have possibly scheduled any tougher in terms of the 1 FCS team that everyone has. As for the Big Ten schedule, you couldn't have possibly come up with a tougher slate. Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan State, all wins, all on the road, and a trip to Columbus still looming. The teams off the schedule, Illinois and Purdue, arguablly the 2 worst in the conference.