[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MFL

i_am_the_swammi

So I carry one kicker on my roster, who has been active all year. I drop him this week for another kicker.....and MFL benches the new kicker? :wacko:

What kind of foked up league management system benches your only player at a positon? I have been playing fantasy football for 21 years, and never have had a system default to benching a player when he is the only player at that spot.

Weak....very weak.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I carry one kicker on my roster, who has been active all year. I drop him this week for another kicker.....and MFL benches the new kicker? :wacko:

What kind of foked up league management system benches your only player at a positon? I have been playing fantasy football for 21 years, and never have had a system default to benching a player when he is the only player at that spot.

Weak....very weak.

dont understand ?? you had him in your line up and they benched hi ?

Weak....very weak.

Wrong forum.

http://forums.myfantasyleague.com/forums/index.php? :D

Did you put the new PK in your starting lineup for the week? I think the league settings determine if "last weeks starters" are used by default on MFL if the owner does not submit a lineup, so it may be that you ended up with no PK today due to that?

this happened to me the first game of the year. in my dynasty league, i dropped john kasay and added jeff reed. i had submitted a lineup with kasay as my starter, but after he was dropped, i forgot to put in reed, who was playing in the thursday night opener. i didn't realize it until after the game started. we have only one waiver period, so i couldn't add another kicker. thankfully, i still won.

yes...if you drop your starter and pick up a new player, you HAVE to re-submit your lineup.

that appears to be the case...but why? Why on earth would the programming of a site require that, even if you only have one player at a position, you still have to activate them?

is there a precedent I am not thinking about where you would want to bench the only player you have at a position?

Yes, blaming a league management site for you inability to set your starting lineup is very weak................ wait, what was the question ? :wacko:

:D I hear you that, in hindsight, I guess I should have gone back into the website and taken extra-special, pretty-please care that the only player I had at a certain position had the little box checked next to his name.

the bigger question I have is: why on earth would it default to benching the only player you have at a positon, rather than automatically starting him (which i would think every person under the sun would want)?

I did the same thing Monster did....set my line-up Friday, dropped my kicker when free agency opened Saturday, and figured, like EVERY other league management site, he would be inserted into my line-up (especially since he was the only player on my roster at that position).

that appears to be the case...but why? Why on earth would the programming of a site require that, even if you only have one player at a position, you still have to activate them?

is there a precedent I am not thinking about where you would want to bench the only player you have at a position?

Well, at what point does the site stop making decisions for you? If you start Michael Bush last week, then drop him and pick up Moats this week, do you expect it to start Moats by default? Why not another RB on your bench? What if you had dropped Bush for Nate Washington? MFL has addressed what could become a very confusing situation by not getting involved with it at all.

If you don't submit a lineup, your players from last week will be started. Anything beyond that, you need to explicitly tell it what to do. I'm sure there is a better way of handling it, but it would require a lot of time, effort, and planning to make something that is clear. This is at least clear, even if it's not the best way of handling it.

the bigger question I have is: why on earth would it default to benching the only player you have at a positon, rather than automatically starting him (which i would think every person under the sun would want)?

Because you can elect to not start a position. Much like you did this week.

Well, at what point does the site stop making decisions for you? If you start Michael Bush last week, then drop him and pick up Moats this week, do you expect it to start Moats by default? Why not another RB on your bench? What if you had dropped Bush for Nate Washington? MFL has addressed what could become a very confusing situation by not getting involved with it at all.

If you don't submit a lineup, your players from last week will be started. Anything beyond that, you need to explicitly tell it what to do. I'm sure there is a better way of handling it, but it would require a lot of time, effort, and planning to make something that is clear. This is at least clear, even if it's not the best way of handling it.

I agree with all your points, except:

1. Iff you have multiple options on your roster, I would agree with you 100%. I would expect the system to default to your previously-submitted roster if there are multiple options available.

2. I have scoured the MFL website for rules concerning this blip. I cna't ifnd anything that addresses this phenomenon.

I realize that it is up to me to know how the website works, and the rules. It has never come up before, so there was no precendent to go off of, and like I said, I just looked and no where is it addressed.

Again, I just don't understand why the programming would default to benching the guy rather than starting him....what purpose does it serve to automatically bench the only person you have on your roster at a particular position?

I'm pretty sure Yahoo benches the players too. You have to make them active yourself.

Yup, they do.

I dropped my starting kicker this week and I had to activate the only other kicker on my roster in the league.

As others have said, I guess I'm just used to it and prefer to make my decisions and actually take the care to submit my lineups.

I'm pi$$ed at MFL for letting me start Schaub over Hasselbeck. Why on earth would they think that I would want to start the guy that scores less points ? What a joke !!!!!

:wacko: I hear you that, in hindsight, I guess I should have gone back into the website and taken extra-special, pretty-please care that the only player I had at a certain position had the little box checked next to his name.

I did the same thing Monster did....set my line-up Friday, dropped my kicker when free agency opened Saturday, and figured, like EVERY other league management site, he would be inserted into my line-up (especially since he was the only player on my roster at that position).

swammi - this post is bizarre.

EVERY league I am in requires you to submit your lineup each week- how is this any different?

MFL didn't bench the K, you did.

Why? In CBS, ESPN, and Roto, you CAN'T do that because you line-up would be invalid.

I know it my fault at the end of the day....I'm just trying to understand why MFL would think the option they choose makes any sense at all?

I mean, it is simply common sense. I want to play the guy that scores more....why should I have to put him in there, the site should know that.

O.k. Sorry, I'm done now.

Edited by Menudo

Again, I just don't understand why the programming would default to benching the guy rather than starting him....what purpose does it serve to automatically bench the only person you have on your roster at a particular position?

The real issue here I think is that the program did not "choose to bench" your only available player at that position - rather it respected your decision to NOT start him this week. There is a significant difference.

Uh, your missing the point, which isn't a real shock...with two QBs, you do indeed need to select one.

Did you really think I was being serious....... :D

Oh, and thank for throwing in the "which isn't a real shock" :wacko:

By the way, the site has a clearly visible disclaimer posted here: :D

swammi - this post is bizarre.

EVERY league I am in requires you to submit your lineup each week- how is this any different?

MFL didn't bench the K, you did.

it certainly appears that way. :wacko:

re-read my post....I did submit my line-up. I then dropped the only kicker I had on my roster, and picked up another. It never even occured to me that I had to go back into the "Submit Starting Lineups" page and activate the new kicker. Why would I?