[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts/Opinions on Steve Slaton benching....

QB1

Steve Slaton gets benched and Ryan Moats posts a monster in the process, making Houston's offense look great (albeit against a suspect Buffalo Bills defense)!

...So does Kubiak make the Steve Slaton benching more permanent or is this a big motivational tactic??? Any non-partial insights i.e don't want to hear from people that are just disillusioned and frustrated (as I am) with Slaton's performance this year...

Steve Slaton gets benched and Ryan Moats posts a monster in the process, making Houston's offense look great (albeit against a suspect Buffalo Bills defense)!

...So does Kubiak make the Steve Slaton benching more permanent or is this a big motivational tactic??? Any non-partial insights i.e don't want to hear from people that are just disillusioned and frustrated (as I am) with Slaton's performance this year...

Kubiak did the same thing last time Slaton has fumbleitis and Moats turned in a decent game. He went straight back to Slaton the next game. FWIW.

Kubiak did the same thing last time Slaton has fumbleitis and Moats turned in a decent game. He went straight back to Slaton the next game. FWIW.

Theres a little bit of a difference between when Moats had 15 carries for 56 yards and the 126 yards and 3 td's he had today. It would only make sense for the coach to make this move permanent.

Here is what I think of it :wacko:

I'm not completely impartial but given the fact that Kubiak has continued to play him(in spite of fumbles) and he has been productive I have to assume that he had a good idea that the Bills would be fairly easy to move tha ball against and therefore a good mark for making a point.

Here is what I think will happen.

Slaton will be back in there next week, BUT he will lose touches to Moats...period.

Anyone who thinks they just throw Slaton to the curb and he doesn't play anymore is nuts IMO.

Just like anyone who thinks Slaton goes back to getting almost all the touches is nuts as well.

I think Slaton still gets the majority (like 60% or so), but Moats will get touches for at least next game.

Then we'll see how they each play.

This can't help my bet with Swammi.

Is Moats worth a waiver add? I've been sitting on the #1 slot for three weeks now. Hmmmmmm.

i added moats about 3 weeks ago and then cut him loose to cover a bye....then lost Leon Washington last week and thought about grabbing moats and ended up not doing so for some reason :wacko:

The only thing that makes this easier for me today is that I played him over Ryan Grant - so no loss there. I'm worried about this, because the team is good, and they are in the mix - the one thing that really hurts is the turnovers. I thought Slayton was gonna be terrific, and has been, but I don't know if he can overcome the fumbles.

He leads the league in fumbles so Kubiak could care less about his talent.There are other players on the team that can handle the RB duties and not fumble the ball.Right now his fumbling problem is outweighing his talent.

Have to be worried no doubt.

Let me just add a few comments.

1. While I would want Moats on my team as a Slaton owner (and I grabbed Moats today), all these people so down about not having Moats are going a little to far IMO. Moats will NOT be THE guy or a stud anytime soon. YES I'd want him as a Slaton owner, but Moats won't be anything great IMO.

2. Slaton has been VERY good this year in fantasy. And in leagues that give PPR he has been great. Again in my .5 PPR league he was # 7 into today and that's WITH his bad first 3 weeks. He's been top 5 since then.

3. I have to believe Slaton gets another chance next week. YES wishful thinking, but I just don't think Kubiak says that's it you are done. YES Moats will get some touches now as well, that was locked in with todays performance, but Slaton will still get the majority of touches IMO.

4. I think Daniels being out furthers the need for Slaton in there. They need game breakers, and like it or not Slaton is one. Moats is a nice player, but is NOT Slaton.

So this will be a LONG week as we wait to see what happens, but I just can't see Slaton being done.

Edited by giantsfan

Against Indy next week, Houston needs their best players on the field. Again, the best use of Slaton is in place, just watch Playbook on NFLN and you'll see Houston's designed plays for Slaton and how deadly he is in space. Ok maybe this week we'll see some Moats highlights but you get the point.

I think Moats gets the start next week but long term you have to remember why Moats was third stringer on the Eagles. Houstons RB issues won't be resolved until the 2010 draft. Then and only then would they truly give up on Slaton.

All I know is this is the kind of crap that has helped me along in the past to taking a year away from FF and could help me along again. This is why I don't gamble frequently. Slaton's benching cost me two wins this week. Lately, the guy has been money in spite of his fumblitis and that's why Kubiak as kept him in. No brainer. Contrary to previous posts, his fumbling issue has not outweighed his talent. The coach just decided this was a good time to make an example. As a coach, I may very well have done the same thing but...

Now I have one of the best RBs in FF (ppr) but I don't even know if can start him week to week. :wacko:

#

CBS Sports reports Houston Texans HC Gary Kubiak talked about RB Steve Slaton's benching after today's win over the Bills. "I told Steve in the locker room to get his chin up. This team needs him playing well and making plays and I'm expecting him to come right back next week and help us."

Lost my game by 6 pts thank you Slaton....if he gets 1/2 of what Moats got I win...unreal

Slaton getting benched was a big reason why I lost in one league by .15, that's right 15 hundredths of a point. When you lose like that, you can't help but go back and look at all the missed opportunities all day. I also had Fitzgerald and DeAngelo Williams going in the end when the other guy was done and only needed just 1 catch and couldn't get it. Very frustrating day and to think if I won this game today, I'm right in the playoff mix, now I'd need to win out. :wacko:

#

CBS Sports reports Houston Texans HC Gary Kubiak talked about RB Steve Slaton's benching after today's win over the Bills. "I told Steve in the locker room to get his chin up. This team needs him playing well and making plays and I'm expecting him to come right back next week and help us."

Yeah, "help us" but in what role?

Yeah, "help us" but in what role?

I thought the same thing. However, in any role, other than helmet holding on the sideline, would've given me the win today. :wacko:

Maybe because he was behind a stud and a guy who also showed tons of promise? :wacko:

Probably not. More than likely had more to do with Moats himself and his performance today has alot to do with the opposing defense. We'll see what happens moving forward. :fingerscrossed: that Slaton gets close to the playing time he had prior to this week.

Probably not. More than likely had more to do with Moats himself and his performance today has alot to do with the opposing defense. We'll see what happens moving forward. :fingerscrossed: that Slaton gets close to the playing time he had prior to this week.

Yeah, we'll see what happens moving forward, making sure to keep the ball safely tucked away next time. :wacko:

And what does the bolded statement mean? If you're going to fling crap against the wall, at least back your argument out with cogent facts.

My post was in response to Moats' situation in Philadelphia, and offered no commentary on today's effort.

Edited by darin3

Moats has had big games with the Eagles....even against the Giants....

he was behind Buckhalter and Westbrook...they let him go because he didn't seem to fir the WCO.....and the Eagles just simply don't run the ball like that...

Moats has had big games with the Eagles....even against the Giants....

he was behind Buckhalter and Westbrook...they let him go because he didn't seem to fir the WCO.....and the Eagles just simply don't run the ball like that...

Thank you for adding actual information to this conversation. :wacko: