[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jsaon Witten

isleseeya

I am shocked at the lack of production coming from Witten

With TO gone and fact Roy Williams is not the same productive receiver that he was in Det , i assumed Witten's numbers would be better than previous seasons

as of now he is line for his worst season over past 5 years and not even close to what he did in 2007

I know Miles stepped up last few games and is a favorable target for Romo but Witten was not doing much more before Miles became the starter

what is going on ? anyone have any thoughts on what is going on with Witten or what may be wrong ?

I haven't looked at the numbers but Gates hasn't really been lighting it up like I thought he would this year. Like Witten, I couldn't really see any reason for them to not have good numbers but the TDs just haven't been happening for one reason or another.

The top 10 TE's as of now in terms of targets/completions.

1. Antonio Gates -- 53/37

2. Owen Daniels -- 51/39

3. Dallas Clark -- 46/38

4. Kellen Winslow -- 45/31

5. Heath Miller -- 44/40

6. Vernon Davis -- 42/29

7. Brent Celek -- 42/33

8. Gonzo -- 41/27

9. Chris Cooley -- 41/29

10. Zach Miller -- 41/28

11. Jason Witten-- 39/33

1. Antonio Gates -- 53/37

2. Owen Daniels -- 51/39

3. Dallas Clark -- 46/38

4. Kellen Winslow -- 45/31

5. Heath Miller -- 44/40

6. Vernon Davis -- 42/29

7. Brent Celek -- 42/33

8. Gonzo -- 41/27

9. Chris Cooley -- 41/29

10. Zach Miller -- 41/28

11. Jason Witten-- 39/33

Considering Cooley and O. Daniels are now out, it'll prolly up the trade value of Witten. IF Romo can toss the deep ball he doesn't need the 8 yard out to Witten. I still think Witten will be a factor, but I have a lot invested so I'm biased.

Regarding Zach Miller, one monster game is a plus, but with Russell having no other option but to dump it off to Zach it may make him OK, but with stats like 14/22 for 109 it can't be too encouraging.

1. Antonio Gates -- 53/37 -- 70%

2. Owen Daniels -- 51/39 -- 76%

3. Dallas Clark -- 46/38 -- 83%

4. Kellen Winslow -- 45/31 -- 69%

5. Heath Miller -- 44/40 -- 91%

6. Vernon Davis -- 42/29 -- 69%

7. Brent Celek -- 42/33 -- 79%

8. Gonzo -- 41/27 -- 66%

9. Chris Cooley -- 41/29 -- 71%

10. Zach Miller -- 41/28 -- 68%

11. Jason Witten-- 39/33 -- 85%

I was curious so I did a little math to find out the completion percentage for all these guys. Lots of factors at work here - QB, length of passes, defenses played, etc., but they are interesting. Clark, Miller and Whitten are studs in this category, and Gonzo looks awful. Does this stat matter?

Edited by STL Fan

I will be trying to trade him this week because I just traded for heath miller. What caliber of wideout could I get for him right now?

All you have to do is find that Cowboy Fan in the league and you can probably get a pretty good deal. The fanatics tend to grab all cowboys especially when the bye week is over.

KcMack

The Cowboys O is in transition as they are finding ways to get everyone involved. They are starting to take on a NE style of Offense. Meaning whomever is open and on the field gets the ball. No studs crying for the ball just good efficient offense. Witten will have a stronger second half then first as the games get bigger Romo will find Wittten. He is just too good to stop all year long and once teams face the reality that Miles demands coverage, Wittlen will get his oppotunities.

I also believe Roy will come on in the second half of the season also. Romo will find his chemistry with Roy and once that happens Witten will have even more opportunities.

I am not giving up on Witten especially in a PPR league. I am not starting him right now but I am going to hold on to him.

If you sell Witten now you will miss out on his awesome second half. The guy is money. Hardly drops a ball and he's extremely well rounded. The bad news is he has been called on to block a LOT which means low stats. The good news is the cowboys passing game and offense is heating up and that will take some of the pressure off witten and result in more touches. I expect a few TD's before the year is done.