[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jungle Juice / Alcoholic Punch

Swampnuts

I'm going to a work party this weekend and need to make a batch of "jungle juice" or alcoholic fruit punch. We used to make it in college in coolers with everclear and big chunks of fruit to soak up the booze. Been a long time and I'm in need of some help from the mixologists here. Any ideas?

a month or so ago i whipped up some hurricanes.... good fruity blend:

dark rum

light rum

vodka

orange juice

pineapple juice

grenadine

possibly lime juice, but i don't recall.

in high school we used to make "jungle juice" and home made wine coolers/sangria. there are several sangria recipes floating around. let me know if you want me to look them up for you. as for the jungle juice..... don't remember the details, but i think it was a lot like the hurricane with fresh fruit in there and no grenadine.

a month or so ago i whipped up some hurricanes.... good fruity blend:

dark rum

light rum

vodka

orange juice

pineapple juice

grenadine

possibly lime juice, but i don't recall.

in high school we used to make "jungle juice" and home made wine coolers/sangria. there are several sangria recipes floating around. let me know if you want me to look them up for you. as for the jungle juice..... don't remember the details, but i think it was a lot like the hurricane with fresh fruit in there and no grenadine.

Sangria recipe. This is on the sweeter side, you could hit it with a bit of vodka or rum to kick up the potency.

http://www.corrundum.net/post/Sangria!.aspx

I'm going to a work party this weekend and need to make a batch of "jungle juice" or alcoholic fruit punch. We used to make it in college in coolers with everclear and big chunks of fruit to soak up the booze. Been a long time and I'm in need of some help from the mixologists here. Any ideas?

I remember those days. We whipped up some one night in a cooler for Mardi Gras. We started drinking it that night & thought we had too much juice & not enough everclear so we added another bottle. :D The next morning when we started drinking again we realized it just needed to soak overnight. It was so strong we were just filling our cups with the fruit. I didn't even make it past the morning parade. :wacko:

how much do you need to make? every 4th of july, my buddies & i make hooch. we use 2 750ml bottles of everclear to 6 gallons of different types of juice, plus 1 large bag of ice. we'll usually cut up a bunch of fruit too. 5 or 6 cups of this and it's hard to stand up.

:wacko:

Edited by buddahj