[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

***Official Week 9 NFL Wagering Thread***

kroyrunner89

Week 9 Lines:

Chiefs +6.5 @ Jaguars 41.5

Ravens -3 @ Bengals 43.5

Texans +9.5 @ Colts 48

Redskins +10 @ Falcons 41

Packers -9.5 @ Bucs 43.5

Cardinals +3 @ Bears 44.5

Dolphins +10.5 @ Patriots 46.5

Panthers +13 @ Saints 52

Lions +10 @ Seahawks 43

Titans +4 @ 49ers 41

Chargers +4.5 @ Giants 47.5

Cowboys +3 @ Eagles 47.5

Steelers -3 @ Broncos 39

Good luck as usual guys!

I had another excellent week last week going 5 -2 on posted plays

Here is what I have this week

GB - 9.5

JAC - 6.5

NO - 12.5

SEA - 9.5

NE - 10.5

ARI / CHI UNDER 44.5

CAR / NO OVER 51

TEN / SF UNDER 41.5

PIT/ DEN OVER 39

ATL / WAS UNDER 41

Been following along for a few weeks and finally laid down some coin again last week. 2-0 with the Texans and Dolphins, both "system picks." Interested to see what they look like this week. So far, I am on:

Cardinals +3

Ravens -3

peeking at HOU/IND Over 48.

Good luck to all.

Week 9 is an interesting week, with my system not finding nearly as much value in the lines as it normally does. However, with all of the plays that my system has generated this week, I've got a high enough confidence in each to make them official plays. I spent the week looking for additional plays I'd like to add, but I don't see a ton of value out there this week aside from what my system has already identified. So, we're going to have yet another week of just 4 plays, let's hope it goes just as well if not better than last week. Here's what I've got:

* Miami +10.5

I'm still not a believer that Brady is back, as the Titans absolutely lay down against the Patriots in Week 6 and Tampa Bay has one of the worst secondaries in the NFL. Aside from these two games, we've still seen nothing out of Brady to indicate that he's back to old form. Although Miami's pass defense is 6th worst in the league in pass yards per attempt allowed, they managed to hold the Saints down in the first half of that game by dialing up the pressure. I expect them to do similarly to Brady, and I don't think he'll be able to adjust to it as well as the Saints did late in the game.

Meanwhile, New England is 9th worst in the league at rushing yards per attempt allowed. Considering that they're going up against the wildcat this weekend, that's not good news for them. I think the Dolphins are able to exploit the Patriots' rush defense, while holding Brady in check for most of the game. Dolphins should keep this one within a touchdown, with an outside shot at stealing it outright.

* Saints/Panthers OVER 51.5

Every time I pick a Saints over it's starting to feel like a square pick, however there's no way to ignore it when the line is set this low. The Saints showed how much they missed Ellis last Monday as Turner had no trouble getting loose, and really ran well for the first time all season. Going against a run first team like Carolina, I think this weakness can be exploited and the Saints are going to have trouble slowing down the Panthers' ground game. Carolina should be able to put up their fair share of points.

We all know what to expect on the Saints' side of the ball. Brees is leading the most potent offense in the NFL, and will certainly make the most of any Saints drives. Brees will rack up the yardage, and so far the Panthers' defense is worst in the league at scoring efficiency. Saints shouldn't be held under 35, while I'd be surprised to see the Panthers fall short of 17. Should be another high scoring game in New Orleans.

* Packers/Bucs OVER 43.5

Here we have the 8th best passing offense in the league going against the worst passing defense in the league. The Packers should have no trouble moving the ball through the air, especially considering that Tampa Bay's defense has the third fewest sacks in the NFL. Sacks have been the main thing slowing the Green Bay offense so far this year, and I don't expect to see many of them on Sunday.

Tampa Bay's offense has been absolutely terrible so far this year, scoring just under 14 points a game. With yet another new quarterback finding the starting lineup, one has to wonder if my system wouldn't be prepared to assess such a change. However, the way I see it, when an offense is doing so badly, how could a change like this make it any worse? If my system likes the over with the dismal numbers we've seen out of Tampa so far, we can only hope that this change makes things better. Even if he turns the ball over 5 times, that'll just mean more short fields for the Packers and more chances to put points on the board. However, I expect Tampa shows a little life on offense and we see a 30-17 type of game.

* Giants/Chargers OVER 47.5

The Giants' secondary has been getting absolutely shredded lately, and they happen to be going against the 4th best passing offense in the league this week. The Chargers have also been the 6th best team in the league at turning their yardage into points, a category that the Giants' defense ranks second to last in. The Chargers have the pieces in place to put on an offensive show on their end of the ball.

The San Diego defense has been equally as bad at limiting opponents yardage from turning into points. They're currently 8th worst in the league at this, a bad sign for them because the Giants' offense is 7th best at pass yards per attempt and 11th at rush yards per attempt. I expect a bounce back effort from the New York offense this week, as they'll have to put up points on the scoreboard to stay in the game. Against this weak Chargers' defense, I don't expect that to be a problem and this game should be an easy over.

ATS System Plays (2-3):

* Miami +10.5

This is the first week I've ever seen my system only have one ATS play. This is not the norm and I don't expect to see it again any time soon.

Totals System Plays (1-0):

* Saints/Panthers OVER 51.5

* Packers/Bucs OVER 43.5

* Giants/Chargers OVER 47.5

As always, good luck to everyone this week!

Had a great week 8 going 6-0. Hope the luck continues!

Miami +11 : Do they think the dolphins are that bad? I dont....

Packers 10 1/2 : Rookie qb making his debut on a crappy offense :wacko: I dont see the bucs putting up much.

Colts/Texans Over 50 1/2 : Fantasy game of the week....Big points in this game.

Jags -7 : I got a feeling the jags are gonna blow this one open at home....

Adding SEA -11

i went heavy on sea early on the week and im in complete disgust right now........also took GB, NE 1st half and NO.

hating today......even the trustworthy paid "picks" came up short today.......horrible

going huge on the dal/phili over..................fade meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

BAL -3

ATL -9

HOU +8.5

MIA +10.5

Adding SEA -11

Got REALLY lucky with Seattle, and Miami was close as well... But, it's a 4-1 week, and I'll gladly take it after a brutal last couple of weeks. Good luck to those making a play on tonight or tomorrow. My initial thought was to go with a couple of teasers (PHI +3.5/O 43.5 and PIT +3.5/O 33.5), but I'm not going to push my luck (especially since staying away from teasers has obviously worked for me so far this week). :wacko:

After flip-flopping a bit, I've decided to release a play tonight. We'll see if we can salvage a winning week after yet another bad break turned a potential 3-1 week into a 2-2 one (I'm looking at you Carolina.... shame on you for not turning it into a one score game in the waning minutes. A field goal would have given us the over. Fire your coach already). Tonight, I'm really liking Denver/Pitt UNDER 41. When Denver is on offense, it all starts with the run. A big part of their struggles scoring points against the Ravens was because they couldn't get their run game going, and tonight it won't be much easier for them going against the 8th ranked rush defense in the NFL. Pittsburgh has also managed to stay an elite pass defense, despite the absence of Polamalu for a chunk of the season. Currently the Pittsburgh pass defense ranks 7th in the league, and surely will make life difficult for Orton tonight. Considering that Denver's defense currently ranks better than the Steelers' in both these categories, the offense for Pittsburgh will be no cake-walk either. Neither of these offenses really have a serious big play threat, and will have long, clock eating drives when they do score. I think this is a 17-13 type of game, the total should go under no problem for us. Cross your fingers that there aren't defensive touchdowns! Good luck tonight guys!

I had another excellent week last week going 5 -2 on posted plays

Here is what I have this week

GB - 9.5

JAC - 6.5

NO - 12.5

SEA - 9.5

NE - 10.5

ARI / CHI UNDER 44.5

CAR / NO OVER 51

TEN / SF UNDER 41.5

PIT/ DEN OVER 39

ATL / WAS UNDER 41

Yes Ramhock ,, thank you for pointing out my worst ever week of posted plays. I'm sure everyone else notice too.

Ive had bad weeks in the past but this was by far my worst ever ,, over all still a winning season but weeks like this one makes you want to throw up. i actually did a couple of times but told the wife i had the flu :wacko:

Yes Ramhock ,, thank you for pointing out my worst ever week of posted plays. I'm sure everyone else notice too.

Ive had bad weeks in the past but this was by far my worst ever ,, over all still a winning season but weeks like this one makes you want to throw up. i actually did a couple of times but told the wife i had the flu :D

Maybe it's morning sickness. Are you pregnant? :wacko: