[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts Hagler and Jackson out for the year

CaptainHook

LB Tyjuan Hagler ruptured his biceps against the 49ers. He will most likely be replaced by Phillip Wheeler.

CB Marlin Jackson tore his ACL on the final play of practice today, November 5.

Edited by CaptainHook

Marlin Jackson was a starter last year before tearing the ACL in his right knee in October. He played only nickel so far this year, and missed the last three games after straining his left knee. He tore the ACL in his left knee today. He has not been a major part of the defense.

Hagler has been the starter on the strong-side all year. He beat out Wheeler for the job in the pre-season. I don't see this being a hugh loss either. But the fact is, including DT Ed Johnson, the Colts have lost 3 starting quality players on defense in the last month. And they are heading into the toughest part of their schedule.

Also add in the fact that starting CB Kelvin Hayden has had hammy problems, and now may miss this week against Houston due to some kind of knee injury, and Bob Sanders may miss the game with an elbow injury. Colts secondary is looking pretty thin.

Did they play since losing all these players?

Defensive aren't we?

I also forgot about Gary Brackett.

Not at all defensive.. Jackson has been out for most of the season, Sanders has only played one game this season and Hagler I believe just got hurt this past weekend.

While these guys will be missed on defense, the defense has still been getting it done with the players they have. They're not gonna blow opposing offenses off the field, but an occasional stop or holding a team to a field goal is enough when you've got Manning leading the charge on offense. I just don't know if that will be enough when opposing teams elevate their play in the postseason.

While these guys will be missed on defense, the defense has still been getting it done with the players they have.
Not only have they been getting it done with some of their bigger name players missing time to injuries, but they are leading the league with the lowest points allowed (91 points, 13 pts/game). In recent years the Colts have either had a bend but not break defense, or a quiet defense that is happy to play in the shadow of Manning's offense.

Edited to add: The ESPN article actually says that he has a torn bicep muscle and that Sanders is meeting with Dr. Andrews to see if he could continue to play or if there is a risk for further damage. While that doesn't sound good, he's not been put on the IR or had surgery either.

Edited by cdrudge

They play who's on their schedule.

Insights like this are why I come here :wacko:

Colts have one of the weakest schedules in the NFL and despite this will easily cruise to the playoffs, thanks mostly to Manning (gee there's something new).

They have played AFC East Champ Miami, and Super Bowl runner-up Arizona on the road in back-to-back weeks. They also played last year's best regular season team Tennessee.

They still have New England, Houston (twice), Baltimore, Denver, and the Jets left to play. Please explain to me how that is a "weak" schedule.

:wacko:

Insights like this are why I come here :wacko:

Colts have one of the weakest schedules in the NFL

What makes their schedule weak? The AFC South (not just the Colts) is playing the NFC West this year. And is it really Indy's fault that Tennessee sucks this year? Well then what are they supposed to do? They play who the schedule makers put on their schedule. Sorry Colts, "BeeR" doesn't approve of your schedule. Manning, stop playing to your potential and start losing games in order to impress "BeeR."

I suppose it's too bad they cant play Pittsburgh, New England, New Orleans and Minnesota 4 times a piece each year.

Edited by Shorttynaz

They have played AFC East Champ Miami, and Super Bowl runner-up Arizona on the road in back-to-back weeks. They also played last year's best regular season team Tennessee.

They still have New England, Houston (twice), Baltimore, Denver, and the Jets left to play. Please explain to me how that is a "weak" schedule.

:wacko:

tee hee to you too. I see the rocket scientists are out in full force today.

For starters, TEN isn't exactly great anymore FYI. Welcome to 2009. Let us know when you've caught up.

PS: here's the Colts schedule:

Jac S

@Mia F

@Ari F

Sea S

@Ten S

@StL S

SF S

Hou F

NE G

@Bal F

@Hou F

Ten S

Den G

@Jac S

NYJ F

@Buf S

That's a schedule with at least half being weak teams and almost all the rest mediocre. I'd call that a pretty weak schedule.

That's a schedule with at least half being weak teams and almost all the rest mediocre. I'd call that a pretty weak schedule.

This is actually a pretty retarded point you're trying to make. :wacko:

It seems to me that you're trying to discredit greatness. And the thing that I personally find even more impressive is that the Colts are doing this without a few of their bigger playmakers on defense.

So if you don't mind proving your point, please inform me of the teams that have a "tough" schedule? I mean look at the only other undefeated team out there, the Saints. Looking over their schedule - they're not exactly playing the toughest of schedules either. They didn't pick and chose who they wanted to play, however they (like the Colts) are beating the teams who are on their schedule. With only 5 or 6 really good teams, maybe 20 mediocre teams, and 5 or 6 horrible teams - I don't really see ANY team out there with a "tough" schedule.

I mean when you're one of the few really good teams out there, and the other undefeated team is in the other conference where the ONLY way you would ever play them is in the superbowl, that leaves 3, or maybe even 4 other really good teams out there.

- Minnesota is also a team who you could ONLY play in the superbowl.

- The Steelers (who they're not playing for the Colts finished 2nd their division last year while the Steelers finished 1st)

- The Patriots (who they are playing).

- The Ravens (who finished 2nd in their division last year - just like the Colts which is why their paired up this year) in there as the only other really good team out there which makes a total of 2 of the 6 good teams that you can possibly be matched up with.

This isn't me defending my favorite team (or another fan of my favorite team), it's a simple fact that while the Colts didn't make their schedule - they're simply playing and beating the teams on it.

Edited by Shorttynaz

Every schedule has at least "half being weak teams" you moran. Even if your division has three "contenders", let's take Pittsburgh for example:

They play Cleveland twice, Tennessee, Detroit, KC, and Oakland. I chose opponents two game under .500 or worse.

6 games against teams with losing records at this point. The Colts have 5 of those on their schedule.

Edited by CaptainHook

Every schedule has at least "half being weak teams" you moran. Even if your division has three "contenders", let's take Pittsburgh for example:

They play Cleveland twice, Tennessee, Detroit, KC, and Oakland. I chose opponents two game under .500 or worse.

6 games against teams with losing records at this point. The Colts have 5 of those on their schedule.

How does every schedule have half weak teams? There is no guarentee of this. A team could have 12+ hard games easlily. Which 8 games for Detroit are weak teams? Not saying teams like GB and CHI are super tough, but I wouldn't call them weak.

NO (7-0)

MIN x2 (7-1)

GB x2 (4-3)

CHI x2 (4-3)

WAS (2-5)

PIT (5-2)

STL (1-7)

SEA (2-5)

CLE (1-7)

CIN (5-2)

BAL (4-3)

ARI (4-3)

SF (3-4)

• 2 weeks later...
Colts have one of the weakest schedules in the NFL and despite this will easily cruise to the playoffs, thanks mostly to Manning (gee there's something new).

Is there schedule better now?

They've beat the AFC West leading 6-3 Cardinals on the road on Sunday Night Football.

They've beat the 4-5 Dolphins on the road on Monday Night Football.

They've beat the 5-4 Jaguars at home.

They've beat the 5-4 Texans at home.

They've beat the 4-5 49ers at home.

They've beat the AFC East leading 6-3 Patriots at home on Sunday Night Football.

37-44 is the record of the teams they've faced. And the Colts are directly responsible for 9 of those losses.

I don't see any way you can call that schedule weak.

Haters will always find a way to discredit greatness.

But BeeR claims to be a Colts fan. That's the part I don't get.

Guess which division has the best winning percentage? AFC South.

Edited by CaptainHook