[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LSU/Alabama

SLAYER

This is the West Division Title on the line. winner holds the key to face Florida in the SEC title game. Who wins and why?

Alabama wins because of defense. Saban has had two weeks to prepare for the Tigers. LSU just doesn't have the O line to handle the Tide's DL. therefore the running game will be minimal and the pressure on Jefferson will be great and he takes sacks a lot. LSU D can hold Bama down in points considering their red zone problems but Ingram and FG's will be enough for a Bama victory. Tide 16 Tigers 7

LSU will go into halftime up 7-3 because of a myriad of elements far too complicated for me to explain to you all. However, I'm not sure what will happen after that.

oh in other words Bama blew a couple of scoring opportunities.

oops :wacko:

Someone explain to me again why the fark LSU went for 2? Verrry stupid.

Good point, changed the end of the game, but not as much as the INT not reversed...looks like the SEC gets their dream-matchup........nice home-cooking!!

Texas will spank UF or Bama....bring one of them on!!!!

oops :wacko:

Someone explain to me again why the fark LSU went for 2? Verrry stupid.

Gee, I'd love to explain why so many freaking coaches go for 2 when they don't have to (and shouldn't) but I'm afraid I don't have the answer. It astounds me, actually.

Define 'spank.'

"Spank" would be you in a cook-off with some cat with a standard grill with a propane tank hooked up to it in a "who can cook the best steak contest"......... in addition, your competition (bama/UF) does not have any spice, sauce or marinara to aid in their efforts.......

so just as you would "spank" this effort, TX will spank Bama or UF......write it down, count on it, it will happen!!

Good point, changed the end of the game, but not as much as the INT not reversed...looks like the SEC gets their dream-matchup........nice home-cooking!!

Texas will spank UF or Bama....bring one of them on!!!!

IMHO it was an interception, but there are two things folks are missing with all the hate against Bama and the call the SEC officials made on the play:

1 - I think the question about the INT wasn't so much about the defenders feet being in-bounds (the appeared to be), but whether the player clearly had possession of the ball when he stepped in. None of the replays showed me convincingly that he did. He was still pulling the ball towards his body when he stepped way out of bounds.

2 - Even if LSU gets the ball back on the INT, they are still behind by 5 points with 3 minutes left (and no time outs) on their own 30-yard line. Frankly, I don't think they get anywhere near the goal line. They hadn't for the entire 2nd half.

Its unfortunate the call was so close, but I really don't believe the game hinged on it either way.

Texas will have no problem handling Alabama. Alabama hasn't been challenged at all by an offense. Florida will take care of them. Combine that with the fact that they have no offense other than Ingram, and you have a recipe for a game to get pretty ugly. Texas vs Florida is the matchup I'm hoping for.

I live in Houston so I see alot of UT... and I can just as easily restate your point.... Texas hasn't been challenged at all by a defense.

There isn't a team on UT's 2009 schedule that plays D worth a d@mn. With the possible exception of OU..... and they are clearly in a down year.

"Spank" would be you in a cook-off with some cat with a standard grill with a propane tank hooked up to it in a "who can cook the best steak contest"......... in addition, your competition (bama/UF) does not have any spice, sauce or marinara to aid in their efforts.......

so just as you would "spank" this effort, TX will spank Bama or UF......write it down, count on it, it will happen!!

As this is a football message board, could you define 'spank' in terms of how many points you project Texas winning by, or are you demonstrating false bravado?

IMHO it was an interception, but there are two things folks are missing with all the hate against Bama and the call the SEC officials made on the play:

1 - I think the question about the INT wasn't so much about the defenders feet being in-bounds (the appeared to be), but whether the player clearly had possession of the ball when he stepped in. None of the replays showed me convincingly that he did. He was still pulling the ball towards his body when he stepped way out of bounds.

2 - Even if LSU gets the ball back on the INT, they are still behind by 5 points with 3 minutes left (and no time outs) on their own 30-yard line. Frankly, I don't think they get anywhere near the goal line. They hadn't for the entire 2nd half.

Its unfortunate the call was so close, but I really don't believe the game hinged on it either way.

Still a horrible call, and took the opporutunity away. Your point is well taken, LSU still was down, and still needed to score a td, but the opporutunity was stolen. Pure and simple. And I disagree on the catch. Got both feet down for crying out loud, had possession. Woulda been an INT in the NFL. But we can agree to disagree with there though.

Which brings me to my next point, I don't see why the media loves college replay so much. They take longer than the NFL does, I HATE that every play is reviewed. It should be like the NFL, and the coaches should get to challenge, if there is no challenge, then there should be no replay. The decision needs to be made by people with skin in the game. I mean if a call gets blown, and the freakin' coach is too stupid to challenge the call, then tough rocks for them. There all wanting to speed up the college game (which is very slow no doubt). Well these replays take forever, they still don't get it right. How bout, don't take a commercial after EVERY punt. How about extend the play-clock. If not 40 seconds, maybe 30 or 35?

Regarding the supposed bad call: The rule is that there has to be overwhelming evidence to overturn the ruling on the field. As I waited for the play to be reviewed, I realized that it would be close - but the replays were not convincing. One view looked like a foot was in - another did not.

Having said that, had the ruling on the field been an INT, that likewise would not have been overruled.

Some plays are just that close.

I also do not think it affected the outcome of the game. Alabama's defense is awesome. The offense needs some work..

So you think the number of points a team wins by = "spanking"?

Let's just say that margin of victory is a slightly better metric to define a "spanking" on the football field than drumming up random references to grilling prowess.

Certainly it's not absolute, but it's a good place to start. None the less, if you have some actually measurable means to define how badly UT will spank either UF or Bama, we'd love to hear it. You know, like something a wager could be based on?

So you think the number of points a team wins by = "spanking"?

That is the view shared by most I know. Granted, a couple TDs left on the field here or there can effect the actual score of a game that was otherwise dominated but to answer your question again... Yes, to most of the free world, to "spank" someone is to dominate them or maybe more appropriately, humiliate them.