[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

3 Packers fined in loss to Vikings

WaterMan

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-n...p&type=lgns

NEW YORK (AP)—Green Bay Packers Johnny Jolly(notes), Al Harris(notes) and rookie B.J. Raji(notes) have been fined $5,000 each by the NFL for actions in last Sunday’s loss to Minnesota.

Defensive tackle Jolly was fined on Friday for unnecessary roughness for head-butting Minnesota running back Chester Taylor(notes).

Cornerback Harris was fined for unnecessary roughness for grabbing a helmet-opening to make a tackle, and DT Raji was fined $5,000 for a major facemask violation.

Arizona DT Darnell Dockett(notes) was hit for $5,000 for a helmet-to-helmet contact in a game with Carolina, and Panthers tight end Jeff King(notes) was fined the same amount for striking an opponent late.

The biggest fine of the week went to Cleveland linebacker Kamerion Wimbley(notes), $7,500 for roughing the passer when he struck Chicago’s Jay Cutler(notes) in the face.

Indianapolis linebacker Clint Session(notes) was fined $5,000 for roughing the passer because he struck 49ers QB Alex Smith in the knee area.

As for Jolly, Packers coach Mike McCarthy expressed his displeasure with the play earlier in the week. Taylor was tackled for a 5-yard loss on a third-down pass play. Instead of kicking a field goal, Minnesota had an automatic first down at the Packers 7 and scored a touchdown four plays later.

“Not very smart,” McCarthy said. “We had them stopped. Personal fouls in that situation and the way it happened, from my understanding, it’s unacceptable, to extend the drive like that and it cost us four points.”

Jolly wouldn’t say what provoked his aggressive act on Taylor with the play over.

“Hey, I play on edge,” Jolly said. “They made the call. A good call by the ref,” Jolly said after the game.

Raji was fined for a facemask violation after he CLEARLY let go as soon as he realized it?

Obviously that facemask deserved a flag, but if I'm Raji I'm thinking "next time I get hold of a facemask I'm getting my money's worth"

Raji was fined for a facemask violation after he CLEARLY let go as soon as he realized it?

Obviously that facemask deserved a flag, but if I'm Raji I'm thinking "next time I get hold of a facemask I'm getting my money's worth"

I didn't see the game, but why is it reported as a "major" face mask violation?

I didn't see the game, but why is it reported as a "major" face mask violation?

it was "major" because the offensive player's head snapped around. Otherwise, it was de facto "major" because of what Big John posted.

However, I don't think it was fine-worthy.

Sometimes Refs can miss extremely obvious plays. In my son's final football game, he was tackled from behind with a horse collar tackle. (He's the QB) The probability that a kid will tackle another kid legally from behind with one hand around shoulder height must be about as close to zero % as you can get.

Edited by MikesVikes