[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers-Buccaneers

tosberg34

Hmmmm...did I say the Packers history or the Vikings? Because if you're talking Packers history you're going to have to go a lot farther back than that.

Or is this your Viking "revisionist" history? Ignoring all the Packer years before 1968? And do you really want to talk about NFL titles to a Packers fan?

Granted, I was EXAGGERATING about the Vikings history but compared to Packers history, Vikings history pales in comparison.

You're right. Every 25 years the Packers do manage to become relevant by putting a couple winning seasons together. :wacko:

The reason Ed Hoyle gets so worked up is, because he realizes now that Favre is gone, it's gonna be another 25 years before the cheesypoofs matter again.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason Ed Hoyle gets so worked up is, because he realizes now that Favre is gone, it's gonna be another 25 years before the cheesypoofs matter again.

I thought Hoyle was a Viking fan?

You're right. Every 25 years the Packers do manage to become relevant by putting a couple winning seasons together. :wacko:

If today is any indication, you may be right. :D

Yep, I act like a 15 year old around here.

I always think of Chavez as the most even keel packer fan on the boards. Never too high or low.

Yup. You are right.

I'll pull totally for GB when TT and MM are gone.

No coming back homes. Once you go to the dark side, you don't come back. You're a viking fan for life.

Besides, you do know the hell you'll get around here if you jump bandwagons after all the things you've said about the franchise? Just be careful. Wrap your ankles up tight before jumping to the next bandwagon. :wacko:

TT and MM will be on the unemployment line at season's end. If they don't Murphy and the stockholders are as blind as you.

I won't say anything for McCarthy, but I highly doubt TT gets fired. The defense is still new and even though the o-line is the worst in the league, the team is still at 4-4. The team could be 6-2 with better play calling.

Fans can scream all they want, but only in crazy cities like Cleveland will you see ownership consulting with them on team decisions. :wacko:

The point is that TT has made a number of mistakes through the draft, while leading the NFL in cap space every year. This is causing the team to become more and more mediocre every year. You'd think after giving up 38 points and a loss to the Bucs in a must win game you guys would see that.

Eh, I guess TT isn't all that bad for me. I'm happy going into every season knowing the NFC Norris title will be a gimme.

No coming back homes. Once you go to the dark side, you don't come back. You're a viking fan for life.

Besides, you do know the hell you'll get around here if you jump bandwagons after all the things you've said about the franchise? Just be careful. Wrap your ankles up tight before jumping to the next bandwagon. :wacko:

I was foolish to bash ARodg. He has ability, but this year is showing he is human. Needs to get rid of the damn ball.

But, jumping the bandwagon on TT and MM I'll never apologiize for that. TT is a fool who has done nothing to improve the team past being "mediocre". And, MM is proving that he can't win games due to being out coached.

Good Point. True fans stick with a team through thick and thin, But TT and MM are exceptions to that practice.

True, but you're missing one factor. The coach or play caller needs to put his players in position to win. Calling passing plays where your WR run 30 yards down field is not the way to do it.

Dude, it's Vikes fans. Every 10-15 years they get a good team, then try and goat packer fans into things. Just take comfort in knowing that they'll fall apart come playoff time.

I recall some Packer fans being critical of the Vikings giving up a whopping 57 yards rushing in week one to an aging Jamal Lewis and only beating the Browns by a score of 34-20. I mentioned at the time that the Packers may play similar games against common opponents during the season and it may not be wise to compare those contests of the Vikings and Packers.

Edited by MikesVikes

I recall some Packer fans being critical of the Vikings giving up a whopping 57 yards rushing in week one to an aging Jamal Lewis and only beating the Browns by a score of 34-20. I mentioned at the time that the Packers may play similar games against common opponents during the season and it may not be wise to compare those contests of the Vikings and Packers.

And I don't recall being part of that.

I always think of Chavez as the most even keel packer fan on the boards. Never too high or low.

I was attempting to use the "agree with the idiot so he goes away" tactic.

I forgot that never works.