[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deangelo Hall...

millerx

I don't know if you're reffering to Mike Smith as a tuna bag, or DeAngelo Hall.

I did see the skirmish, and while I can care less about Hall - he does have a point. Mike Smith was over there running his mouth and running his mouth. Dind't see the strength coach over there - but you couldn't see much of the inside of the fight.

You're out of your mind if you think anyone but Hall was the cause of that fight.

The guy is 100% mouth and 0% talent. Why was he even over on the sidelines? L.andry and Ryan were both walking away.

Smith was probably too physical trying to shove Hall away, but I doubt the league hammers down on him. The Falcon players will love seeing this from their coach and will only play harder for the guy going forward.

Edited by budlitebrad

Yes, Mike Smith was a little out of line by putting his hands on him, but it was after the future of the franchise got hit, and the guy who's done nothing but bad-mouth the organization goes over and jumps in the fight, what would you do?

You can watch the video here.

It doesn't look like Deangelo came over to stop the fight. He came over to help instigate it. You can watch his helmet flapping back and forth as he's giving Smith some just as much lip. Then Smith does little more than hold him back and tell him what a (expletive) he is.

Should he have done it like that, probably not... Would I have, hell ya! Deangelo is nothing but a selfish cancer to any team he plays on. He might get some picks every now and then, but how many big plays will he cost your team? His ego is too big for any town :wacko:

I think Smith should be given a slap on the wrist just because, technically coaches should try to stay above this sort of thing. However, since it's hard to blame him, it shouldn't be much.

Hall, on the other hand, had no freaking business being over there.

Bottom line: A Washington defender started the whole thing with a late hit (in a game that they're down by 3 scores, no less). If the dude who made the hit immediately threw his hands up and owned it, and nobody from Washington came running over, then this is like every other late hit that doesn't turn into a brawl. But that's not how it happened and it appears to be on Washington. Maybe the guy who made the hit did the right thing by just getting out of there, Hall certainly didn't.

The Falcon players will love seeing this from their coach and will only play harder for the guy going forward.

110% correct.

Watching the local news here last night. Sports anchor was almost beside himself with disgust at MeAngelo. Like he said, MeAngelo had on a helmet & is basically in full body armor with pads on. Exactly what was Smith or the Strength Coach going to be able to do to MeAngelo physically?

Also the Sports Anchor said he'd heard from some of the Falcons players & his exact words were "They've got Coaches back."

110% correct.

Watching the local news here last night. Sports anchor was almost beside himself with disgust at MeAngelo. Like he said, MeAngelo had on a helmet & is basically in full body armor with pads on. Exactly what was Smith or the Strength Coach going to be able to do to MeAngelo physically?

Also the Sports Anchor said he'd heard from some of the Falcons players & his exact words were "They've got Coaches back."

Not to hijack, but my bartender at work and I were also commenting on this fact as we watched Tommie Harris punching the the dude from AZ. Um, that's not going to work out well. First off, you're gonna get thrown out but, more to the point, you're punching a guy with a helmet and pads on. Best case scenario, you don't break your hand. That's pretty much the only upside, that your hand remains as unbroken as it would be if you hadn't punched the dude.

Not to hijack, but my bartender at work and I were also commenting on this fact as we watched Tommie Harris punching the the dude from AZ. Um, that's not going to work out well. First off, you're gonna get thrown out but, more to the point, you're punching a guy with a helmet and pads on. Best case scenario, you don't break your hand. That's pretty much the only upside, that your hand remains as unbroken as it would be if you hadn't punched the dude.

Andre Rison vs Deion Sanders

:wacko: