[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

L.Johnson

Big Ernie McCracken

Well it must be because Charles looked so good... :wacko:

I didn't get to see the game, and of course the stats don't always tell the whole story, but Charles's stats yesterday were:

rushing 6 for 36 or 6 ypc.

receiving 3 for 19 or 6.33y ypc.

Neither of those looks too bad. If anything it looks as though he was just under utilized.

His stats for the year are:

rushing 29 for 152 or 5.2 ypc

receiving 17 for 139 or 8.2 ypc.

I looks like he just isn't getting the ball enough to me.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I didn't get to see the game, and of course the stats don't always tell the whole story, but Charles's stats were:

rushing 6 for 36 or 6 ypc.

receiving 3 for 19 or 6.33y ypc.

Neither of those looks too bad. If anything it looks as though he was just under utilized.

They wanted to give Kolby Smith a long look. Neither back really got into any kind of rhythm, but that has been the story with the poor offensive line this year.

And as far as LJ, it was inevitable.

(FFChamps) The Kansas City Chiefs released embattled running back Larry Johnson on Monday, his first day back from a one-game suspension for conduct detrimental to the team. Johnson was suspended for using gay slurs both online in a Twitter post and toward reporters following their loss two weeks ago. With 5,996 rushing yards, Johnson was just 75 yards shy of Priest Holmes' franchise record for most career rushing yards.

Analysis: Johnson was having the worst year of his career, and at 2.7 yards per carry and zero touchdowns, one of the worst seasons by a starting running back in recent history. He turns 30 next week and has a mountain of off-field transgressions on his rap sheet. That said, now that he is a free agent some team will probably pick him up and give him a fresh start. Fantasy owners who can tolerate his troublemaking tendencies can feel free to stash him away in case he lands in a good situation. Jamaal Charles, Kolby Smith, and Dantrell Savage will be splitting the touches out of the Chiefs backfield from here on out, with Charles or Smith the most likely to emerge as any kind of fantasy contributors.

(Article Link)

Would not be surprised to see Johnson on another team by next Sunday, and very relevant again depending on where he lands. Seems that showing another team what they gave up is the biggest motivator these days.

I would! The only team that takes these type of players is Dallas and they're good at that position.

Would not be surprised to see Johnson on another team by next Sunday, and very relevant again depending on where he lands. Seems that showing another team what they gave up is the biggest motivator these days.

I agree...Cedric Benson is a good example. He could end up with the Browns. You never know.

Todd Haley:

"I liked what we did see out of the running game. Jamaal and Kolby ran pretty well when we did run. It's a factor in why we cut Larry today. As far as playcalling, we were kind of reactive more than proactive. We got caught off guard by the Jacksonville 4-3 and I thought it better to try and back those safeties up with the pass. In retrospect, we really should've tried to get back to the run more. Especially since Tennessee just ran for like 500 yards on these guys. Oh well, I suck major huevos as a coach, what do you want?"

Okay, that quote didn't happen, but probably should've.

Maybe he'll end up another team but i would be somewhat surprised. When you're a jackass and you aren't very good, there are very few places for you.

Maybe he'll end up another team but i would be somewhat surprised. When you're a jackass and you aren't very good, there are very few places for you.

New England c'mon down!

a ton of injuries at RB? check.

A history of signing "over the hill" RBs? check.

A tradition of signing troubled players? check.

New England c'mon down!

a ton of injuries at RB? check.

A history of signing "over the hill" RBs? check.

A tradition of signing troubled players? check.

NO chance of this happening. None. Zero.

When he came out of college he was dropped so far down the Patriots draft board there was no chance he was ever going to be there for him. Patriots brass came right out and said the kid needed to grow up and he had some character flaws.

What has changed since then? Has he proven them wrong? The guy is a jackass (thanks jackass, it's really the right word for him) and has proven the Patriots front office was right with their analysis.

Not going to happen. EVER.

Edited by Bring Back Pat!!!

NO chance of this happening. None. Zero.

When he came out of college he was dropped so far down the Patriots draft board there was no chance he was ever going to be there for him. Patriots brass came right out and said the kid needed to grow up and he had some character flaws.

What has changed since then? Has he proven them wrong? The guy is a jackass (thanks jackass, it's really the right word for him) and has proven the Patriots front office was right with their analysis.

Not going to happen. EVER.

I don't want to come out and make a prediction that contradicts what you are saying here...but I will say that I think things have changed in this regard for the Patriots organization, and I think that they put a different consideration on players with character issues now.

I think that they have shown that the team core is strong enough to withstand and even bring around a guy with some questionable character, so long as that guy is willing to work hard and keep his head down. I am not sure LJ can do that, but I would never say never with this situation.