[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

L.Johnson

Big Ernie McCracken

I don't want to come out and make a prediction that contradicts what you are saying here...but I will say that I think things have changed in this regard for the Patriots organization, and I think that they put a different consideration on players with character issues now.

I think that they have shown that the team core is strong enough to withstand and even bring around a guy with some questionable character, so long as that guy is willing to work hard and keep his head down. I am not sure LJ can do that, but I would never say never with this situation.

This is true for most players. Not this player, not this team. Dillon and Moss both wanted off their teams, but were not publicity problems. This guy is a 12 year old playing in a man's body and I can't see the Pats taking on the publicity issue for the same reason they were never going to bring in Vick. Locker room issues they can deal with, but they want no part of bad character guys off the field. IMO, not gonna happen.

New England c'mon down!

a ton of injuries at RB? check.

A history of signing "over the hill" RBs? check.

A tradition of signing troubled players? check.

On local radio this afternoon, weei.com, you can listen to it there,

Coach said he hadn't seen the wire yet, but doubted LJ would fall that far

(he does have to clear waivers) but did not rule LJ out.

This is true for most players. Not this player, not this team. Dillon and Moss both wanted off their teams, but were not publicity problems. This guy is a 12 year old playing in a man's body and I can't see the Pats taking on the publicity issue for the same reason they were never going to bring in Vick. Locker room issues they can deal with, but they want no part of bad character guys off the field. IMO, not gonna happen.

racist.

I've picked him up in 3 of my 4 leagues. What's it gonna hurt?

I'm going to keep him just in case as well. If he lands somewhere he could put up "flex" type numbers.

People forget too, that the OL hasn't helped him much for two years. His skills are going down, but not all his fault the numbers are bad.

I think any team that could use a strong runner for the stretch run, or any bad team that needs another option at RB would consider giving him a shot at a reasonable price. How many people wrote off Ced Benson? I agree, LJ is older, but he still has a little bit to offer, and of course would want to show something if given the opportunity.

I don't see him going to San Diego, as there is enough unhappiness there with Tomlinson as it is. I think you'd have a real mess if Johnson were brought in. New England makes sense in many ways, Cleveland certainly does, Pitt needs a little depth, and Seattle could use another option.

I've suffered with him on two teams this year, and held onto him hoping for a decent opportunity down the stretch. If a team with a good line could pick him up and use him part time and in goal line situations, he might be worth a spot start.

Being chatted about locally here in Philly as an option for them....especially with Westbrook wearing down, McCoy still learning, and the Eagles still suffering in the short-yardage area (exposed again on Sunday night). They have some extra draft picks next year, so giving up a 5th-or-6th to the team that picks him up off waivers wouldn't be a stetch.

He's a Maryland-born guy, and as he went to Penn State, wouldn't be far from "home"

:wacko:

Being chatted about locally here in Philly as an option for them....especially with Westbrook wearing down, McCoy still learning, and the Eagles still suffering in the short-yardage area (exposed again on Sunday night). They have some extra draft picks next year, so giving up a 5th-or-6th to the team that picks him up off waivers wouldn't be a stetch.

He's a Maryland-born guy, and as he went to Penn State, wouldn't be far from "home"

:wacko:

He cannot pass block. To me that is a bad fit in Philly.

I am thinking seattle

LJ would love going to a team with a WORSE offensive line than the Chiefs. Not that Julius Jones is a great back by any stretch but the running game in Seattle is mostly suffering from woeful OL play. I dont see how LJ is going to create any kind of improvement there and I am sure that the seattle brass know that. If anything he will create a distraction. they just cut Edgerrin James so obviously they dont think Julius Jones is the problem.

Again, Jones isnt a great back but he would be a starting number 2 fantasy RB if he had a decent OL.

Is benson that hurt ? or just a back up plan ?

They just said on SportsCenter that LJ is on his way to Cincy to take a physical and if he passes - he's more than likely to sign. "SPECULATION" at this point, but they're saying Benson's injury appears to be more serious that what the team is leading people to believe.

Snag LJ NOW if he's available in your league!

They just said on SportsCenter that LJ is on his way to Cincy to take a physical and if he passes - he's more than likely to sign. "SPECULATION" at this point, but they're saying Benson's injury appears to be more serious that what the team is leading people to believe.

Snag LJ NOW if he's available in your league!

Got him last week on spec... :wacko: