[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How often does a perfect season happen?

Team Tsunami

Was just curious how many guys have ever run the table in their league.

This is a 2 year old 12 team league with co-workers and its competitive, but not as much my big money league.

Its just a first for me starting out 9-0, but I do play the next best team next week and their 8-1and I can get by them, I might just be able to run the table

If you're 9-0 now, I'm going to guess that your all play record would have some losses. Let's guess that your all-play W/L is .700 ...

So, if you have a 30% chance of losing any of your next four games, then your chance of losing at least one game from here on out is:

X = 1 - [(1-30%)^4] = 76% chance

...or, you have a 24% chance of going undefeated...assuming that (i) your all play record is .700 and (ii) each of your next three opponents' all-play records are exactly .500 both currently and at the time you play them.

If your all-play record is better/worse ... and/or your future opponents all-play records are either better or worse than this, it will impact the probability that you go undefeated.

Good luck to you.

If you're 9-0 now, I'm going to guess that your all play record would have some losses. Let's guess that your all-play W/L is .700 ...

So, if you have a 30% chance of losing any of your next four games, then your chance of losing at least one game from here on out is:

...or, you have a 24% chance of going undefeated...assuming that (i) your all play record is .700 and (ii) each of your next three opponents' all-play records are exactly .500 both currently and at the time you play them.

If your all-play record is better/worse ... and/or your future opponents all-play records are either better or worse than this, it will impact the probability that you go undefeated.

Good luck to you.

Good info here.

I've been playing FF for 25 years, give or take... and I never saw a team run the table. I think it is a curse going into the playoffs undefeated, not just in FF but in the NFL as well. The odds are stacked against the perfect season.

Redraft or Dynasty?

But yes, I think you're right about the odds.

I've been playing FF for 25 years, give or take... and I never saw a team run the table. I think it is a curse going into the playoffs undefeated, not just in FF but in the NFL as well. The odds are stacked against the perfect season.

Not for Henry Muto. Henry Muto once lost just to see what it felt like.

Good luck to you.

Yeah ..... whatever he said. :wacko:

Good luck to you.

:wacko:

i went 15-0 and lost in the championship game the year LT set the TD record. I also had Gore the year he first blew up along with some stacked receivers. When LT was scoring 4 TDs per game every week it was hard to lose. Then got chumped in the championship when he failed to score a single TD I believe.

We had a guy in our league last year (two years ago?) go undefeated until the championship game and also blew it. Best part was that he talked smack the entire year about being perfect, then the playoff champ made a bunch of PhotoShop images of 3rd-world refugees wearing "Needabuzz 2009 Super Bowl Champs". I think the source photos were actual 3rd worlders wearing the Patriots Perfect Season Super Bowl Champs tees. It was hilarious and we still post the photo every time he starts talking about how he went the season undefeated.