[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ocho tries to bribe ref?

HowboutthemCowboys

Sources: Ochocinco fined $20K by NFL

Comment Email Print Share

ESPN.com

Chad Ochocinco has been fined $20,000 by the NFL for his $1 "bribe" of an official in last week's Bengals-Ravens game, team and league sources tell ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

The NFL also cited the Bengals wide receiver's use of the word "bribe" in his postgame comments to reporters.

Really? Come on NFL

Sources: Ochocinco fined $20K by NFL

Comment Email Print Share

ESPN.com

Chad Ochocinco has been fined $20,000 by the NFL for his $1 "bribe" of an official in last week's Bengals-Ravens game, team and league sources tell ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

The NFL also cited the Bengals wide receiver's use of the word "bribe" in his postgame comments to reporters.

Really? Come on NFL

What a joke. Absolutely ridiculous. I hope this money at least goes to charity.

Why y'all having such a hissy? So he got fined - IMO that is hilarious! Where's your sense of humour?

:D

:D They're playing a game.

They're playing a sport. It's not simply a game the same way beer pong is a game.

i bet you are a lot of fun at parties ...

"Hey look at that player chugging beer after the play! Hey crank up the music, I can almost hear the announcer and sounds on the football field....."

:wacko: Pass. Football games also aren't parties. A lot of diff's FYI.

From the link:

"You're either going to be in one of two camps with this. Either you think it's hilarious (like me) or you think that the mere appearance of bribery toward officials is uncouth and needs to be dealt with swiftly."

Third camp: you think it was stupid in a typical chad circus clown kinda way but not so bad he should have been zapped $20K.

Guess I'm one of the few who thinks the sport itself was plenty enough fun w/o all the goofball BS. But again I've seen a lot worse than this and agree it was an overreaction. Course suspending LJ for calling someone a fag was too.....

Edited by BeeR

I agree the sport itself is very fun BeeR. While watching i was literally laughing, however it was really unprofessional and basically the NFL did it from what i can tell to keep little shenanigans like this from reoccurring. Although with that being said $20000 is a lot of bank.

I used to think he was annoying, but now I actually think he is hilarious. He makes things more entertaining and that is all that professional sports are... entertainment.

+1, although for me it might tend to lean more towards annoying this weekend :wacko:

I used to think he was annoying, but now I actually think he is hilarious. He makes things more entertaining and that is all that professional sports are... entertainment.

+2....was there a delay of game penalty from this? That is all I thaught would come of it, and maybe a small fine for delay, but not 20K for bribery with one dollar bill. I guess they have to nip it in the bud. Plus some of this may have been backlash from the Captain Morgan celebration BS.

I thought the $1 fake bribe was funny, and despite the league's official stance . . . this sort of thing generates talk and adds entertainment value ot their product.

I think the $20,000 fine will do nothing to stop Ochocinco from doing this sort of thing again . . . which is very fortunate for the league.

I agree the sport itself is very fun BeeR. While watching i was literally laughing, however it was really unprofessional and basically the NFL did it from what i can tell to keep little shenanigans like this from reoccurring. Although with that being said $20000 is a lot of bank.

No, it's not. Not for a man-child like BonzoTardo that is; it's a drop in the bucket. In fact the more I think about it, the more I think fines should actually get A LOT stiffer. The point is to try and prevent a repeat offense, and obviously these token amounts are just being laughed at - CJ even said he puts aside money like this just so he can repeatedly do his "looky me" bit and prove that he's not just a flaming ahole but proud of it. tee hee, giggle. :wacko: Make it more and make it a percentage of the guy's pay vs a flat amt (so the richer ones feel the pinch the same) - when it stops the morons from doing it again, you know you're done your job.

Edited by BeeR

No, it's not. Not for a man-child like BonzoTardo that is; it's a drop in the bucket. In fact the more I think about it, the more I think fines should actually get A LOT stiffer. The point is to try and prevent a repeat offense, and obviously these token amounts are just being laughed at - CJ even said he puts aside money like this just so he can repeatedly do his "looky me" bit and prove that he's not just a flaming ahole but proud of it. tee hee, giggle. :D Make it more and make it a percentage of the guy's pay vs a flat amt (so the richer ones feel the pinch the same) - when it stops the morons from doing it again, you know you're done your job.

Yeah if every player handed a ref a dollar, then the whole league will unravel. :wacko: