[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"The Huddle" really blew it on this pick LT as so-called tier-1 RB

rai

Forte still has 2x more points than LT he has 5 more points per game than LT.

5 points is a lot of course he was gone by 6 but still he's more solid than LT this year.

Right, and LT has not played DET or CLE visiting which gave Forte all 3 TDs and 262 yards.

His other six games have averaged 38 rushing yards and 35 receiving yards and no scores.

I always enjoy sniping the picks that go badly.

The season is only half over and things will change. I have no problem with what the projections and the explanations I gave for every ranking this summer. I would love to get them perfectly right and spend all my time trying, but I can only give what research and analysis suggests as most likely and that is before injuries and other unforseen dynamics come into play. Plus I explain my rationale on everything.

thank you

I am more or less venting, not meaning any harm

I was sad to see LT around at 6 I am in 4 leagues and specifically did NOT pick him in three drafts. But I had high hopes for him.

It almost seems like he can not play anymore, like Edge or LJ but the Chargers figure he's getting paid he should be in the lineup. But I have to wonder if some scrub off the street couldn't rush for 3 YPC on that team

He's got 9 catches for 4.4 yard average (COME ON MAN) this is not acceptable for the former MVP, Legeadu Naannee (who?) has 3x more receving yards

Edited by rai

you're using the site all wrong....

I use the pre-season rankings as a list of players that I can use....I check off certain players that I agree on and have certain players I plan to avoid...

but all in all...I make the final say and I also can disagree.....the Huddle isn't a fraternity of fantasy gods....but they do have expert advice - it's just your decision to agree or disagree because at the end of the day there are no guarantees....

if your fantasy team sucks, it's not your pick of LT that is at fault....it's your ability to draft an entire team that continues to be your liability...

Tomlinson didn't seem to be a very exciting pick last year either but somehow he was able to rank as the #6 RB in a PPR league. It's not hard to imagine that LT would be able to match last year's numbers assuming that he would continue to be used in the passing game. It hasn't worked out for him. There's no disputing that one. But it is also true that he has the tendency to score fantasy points even though at times he doesn't seem to be the focus of the offense. He wasn't the focus of the team last year either and he has never been the focus under the current coaching staff.

This year is a big drop off from even last season. I was lucky enough to draft him in many leagues this year. I don't think he is startable in any of those leagues but he isn't dropable yet either. If misery loves company you don't have to go very far to find it. I'm sure that he's been picked in every fantasy league this year.

Edited by MikesVikes

Ultimately the choice is up to me. I used the site as a guide, considering the reports (see ray Rice getting all the reps with 1st team) as a resource. Turner with 4th over all (snake draft) 17th w/ Gore, 25th with Jennings (swing and miss, for the most part), then Housh, then Gates, THEN Rice with the 57th overall pick in round 6.

I passed on him 5 other times, and others passed 5 or 6 times. But I stayed true to my cheat sheet and think I am in real good position to do well this year (maybe win a playoff game).

How did I not win in the playoffs last year with Rodgers, AP, LT, Moss, Gates, TEN D?

It's sports man, you try and predict the unpredictable.

I remember seeing the same thing LT is going through when it happened to Faulk here in STL. Your brain simply doesn't want to believe what your eyes are seeing.

Ultimately the choice is up to me. I used the site as a guide, considering the reports (see ray Rice getting all the reps with 1st team) as a resource. Turner with 4th over all (snake draft) 17th w/ Gore, 25th with Jennings (swing and miss, for the most part), then Housh, then Gates, THEN Rice with the 57th overall pick in round 6.

I passed on him 5 other times, and others passed 5 or 6 times. But I stayed true to my cheat sheet and think I am in real good position to do well this year (maybe win a playoff game).

How did I not win in the playoffs last year with Rodgers, AP, LT, Moss, Gates, TEN D?

It's sports man, you try and predict the unpredictable.

I remember seeing the same thing LT is going through when it happened to Faulk here in STL. Your brain simply doesn't want to believe what your eyes are seeing.

exactly...my whole thing is to make the tough decision on trying to avoid a RB at a certain point in his career....no matter how great or legendary the player has been over the course of their career...

He should have been ranked 12-ish (high) or 15th (realistic) but when he's ranked #3 that is going out on a limb for a 30 year old RB and those guys don't produce.

So, if this is how YOU felt, then why did you draft him? Blame yourself before you point fingers at the huddle.

Interesting thread. Honestly noone really got the SD situation right. If you watched SD's final drive Sunday, the TD to Vjax is a classic example of how things have changed. Gates heads toward the middle of the endzone, Vjax fades to the side...and the safety has to choose, blindly guessing Gates is the target, meanwhile Rivers is locked on Vjax the whole time...TD. Yes even real NFL teams still cannot figure Vjax out.

Anyways, if you wanted to draft LT, then I hope you had a plan. i.e. this is a 30 year old back coming off an injury-plagued 2008, maybe I shouldn't go WR-WR my next 2 picks, I better play it safe with another RB and by God I better handcuff him to sproles. Personally, LT made me uncomfortable so I passed on him, but others jumped at the chance to own him. Chacun son gout.

Hey after taking Moss in round one ppr, I went with Slaton. oops. Good thing there are 16 rounds in a draft. For every Mcfadden in round 5 there is a steve smith in round 14. So you failed on LT, but how'd your sleeper/upside players pan out?

One final note. Do yourself a favor and watch preseason games. Watch for coaching changes, schemes, etc. Actually watch the players play. Week 3 of preseason can tell a big story. One single cheatsheet just isn't enough.

I drafted LT at the number 9 (of 12) pick... But felt extremely uncomfortable about it... So after my 2nd round (brees) I took Ronnie Brown. My first WR with the 4th in Colston. Than Ray Rice and Felix...

First 6 picks... 4 RB's and i can only play two...

RB

QB

RB

WR

RB

RB

In League A where I drafted LT, I have already wrapped up the division since I am two games ahead of everyone else. Also would be the number one seed with the highest scoring team.

In League B where I drafted LT, I am now undefeated. Although I didn't draft him as a first rounder in that league.

In League C where I drafted LT, I am only tied for first place in my division. My son has the highest scoring team but I like my chances in that one as well. This is the league where I had a 50 point lead going into MNF and the opponent had Hines Ward, Holmes, and the Pitt def score .05 more points than I needed them to. So I have dropped to 5-4. Only two people have better records than I do, they are both my kids. Yes I helped them draft.

I could say that the league where my team drafted Adrian at 1.01 but then proceeded to draft TO, Portis, Holmes, Gates, Holt, Palmer, Wells, and then McCoy has absolutely no chance at all to compete in that league.

thank you

I am more or less venting, not meaning any harm

I was sad to see LT around at 6 I am in 4 leagues and specifically did NOT pick him in three drafts. But I had high hopes for him.

It almost seems like he can not play anymore, like Edge or LJ but the Chargers figure he's getting paid he should be in the lineup. But I have to wonder if some scrub off the street couldn't rush for 3 YPC on that team

He's got 9 catches for 4.4 yard average (COME ON MAN) this is not acceptable for the former MVP, Legeadu Naannee (who?) has 3x more receving yards

No you're not. You're pissing and moaning and blaming someone else for your mistake. Also, I don't understand your stance. First you said you picked LT against your own hunch because the Huddle had him ranked so highly. Then you said you had high hopes for him. Which is it?

Every year there's a guy who's put up such monster numbers in the past that you're afraid to pass him up in case he does again but you really, really hope someone snaps him up before you do. I would imagine LT was that guy this year. I would have likely gone another way with a top 10 pick but I'd be damned if I wouldn't give it a shot after that. What difference would that make? He'd be a pretty crappy pick at 12 just like he was a crappy pick at 6. Just like Sean Alexander was a crappy pick the last few years of his run when guys couldn't help but pick and pray in the middle of the 1st round or countless other former studs. LJ last year?

if your fantasy team sucks, it's not your pick of LT that is at fault....it's your ability to draft an entire team that continues to be your liability...

That sums it up nicely. You can overcome one bad pick, even if it's your 1st pick, if you find value later in the draft and pick up some solid free agents.

I think "the Huddle" went out on a limb, no other services had LT ranked that high. And so of course he's sitting there at #6.

He should have been ranked 12-ish (high) or 15th (realistic) but when he's ranked #3 that is going out on a limb for a 30 year old RB and those guys don't produce.

The Huddle went out on a limb? :wacko: Hell, that is what I pay them to do....so that I can get an advantage. Some years it works well, some years it doesn't work so well. Overall, I always compete and am in the top quarter of the league using advice from this site. If I thought they didn't go out on limbs and just had the same predictions as everyone else, I would just use Yahoo projections.

the rest of my draft

hits: Brady, Benson, Ochocinco, Mason, Tony Gonzo

I'm doing OK tied for 1st but a 2 point loss this week which I would have won if I didn't draft LT in the first round.

It's not like every week he kills me but having him rated as top-3 RB or top-5 player overall I would like more than a bye-week fill in or someone where I could say to myself do I start LT or Chester Taylor or Sammy Morris this week?

I mean a first round picks you would like to be a solid player which (so far) he is not.

Maybe he's really rested by not playing much so he'll have more to give going forward.

Edited by rai

I do agree that The Huddle was higher on LT, but they explained their reasons and you bought the argument . . . because it was reasonable. If you learn nothing else, remember that reason does not always dictate fantasy performance.

You knew that other sites were cold on LT and so you knew that LT was a risky 1st rounder.

The truth is that you can go to Draftsharks or any other paid site's forums and you'll see the same damn posts. Somebody whining about how the experts at that site were wrong when they tried to look into a crystal ball and predict the future.

This is voodoo, man. Not hard science. Nobody can predict the future and be right all the time.

These sites give you opinions, but even well-reasoned opinions can get battered by the winds of fate. Injuries, unforeseen changes in game planning, etc.

Sometimes you get a bum steer, and some times you get a really good tip. Use your pay sites as imperfect, expert opinion and use your own wiles and instincts to make your picks . . . and be man enough to own your own failures. Blaming websites is cry baby bullsht.