[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How are your Aug player predictions looking

BeeR

Well, I was right on D. Williams ie taking mid-round to couple with Rodgers, which probably beat Brees and whatever RB or WR I could have had in the 2d (knowing I would have probably let CJ the RB slide etc).

Whiffed:

big on Slaton who I thought would do well and didn't think Portis would fall off the map

biggest whiff: Forte, who I argued for as #1 RB :wacko:

Coles

Benson, kinda - liked as deep sleeper only, no way would I have expected this

K Smith

Jennings

Called it:

Steve Smith NYG (although didn't expect this good)

TEs Clark and Daniels (I liked Clark along with Gates as top TEs).

Owens being way overrated (for being in BUF if nothing else)

LT's fade - didn't predict this bad but knew it was a real possibility w/his age and mileage

Did not think Manning's new coaches would impact him much since he is again proving they are mostly just along for the ride anyway.

V Jackson (not this good tho)

Cassell and LJ sucking (OK so LJ wasn't much of a reach)

Home runs on R Rice, T Jones, S Smith (NYG), S Rice

Doubles: V Davis, Rothlisberger, Schaub, Gore, Burleson, Hester

Strike outs: Slaton, K Smith, D Keller, Avery, Chambers, A Bryant, Ward

Called it: Forte, LT, TO, LJ, Buf-NE-RB's.

Most of my other rankings have pretty much been close. What drove me nuts in my redraft leagues this year is how in almost EVERY round, my targeted player went right in front of my pick. I know that happens, but this year it was ridiculous. :wacko:

I hit big on Benson, Burleson, and Andre Carter. I got really good value from Mason, J.Jones. I'll also include Laurent Robinson as one I had right but you can't predict injuries.

I missed on LT(who I didn't draft since I had the 2nd pick and got MJD), Witten, and L.Coles (I got stuck with both on my main league) I also missed on Jennings. I was not really that high on him but drafted him at the end of the 2nd round and was surprised he was still there.

I also didn't like Forte, Barber, and TO this year and was right on those. Didn't expect Hightower to do much this year at all and was wrong on that.

Edited by Sprtfan

Forgot my whiffs on White, Avery (really the whiff there was their OL) and Big Ben and correctly calling all the following QBs as undervalued: Rivers, Rodgers Warner and Orton.

edit: called TJ and Breaston also. Breaston did not even make my draft list.

Edited by BeeR

How can VDavis (top TE in fantasy football) not be a home run? Unless you drafted him in round 5 or higher (which I doubt), he has to be a tremendous value pick, no?

Ditto for Big Ben, a top 5 Qb you likely grabbed very very late?

Sure, Davis has been great, but I called him a double because I missed badly on projecting him. I would call him a home run if I had projected him to be a top 5, but I didn't. I had him in top 10. The question was how well did we do on our August projections, so I answered it that way. Same thing for Rothlisberger. My projections missed on the low side, but I still had him ranked higher than most other people did.

For R Rice and T Jones, I ranked them pretty close to where they are now in FF scoring, both are a bit higher than my projections were, but not too far off.

I had certain players I wanted to target...some I let slip, others were snagged before I got to take them

Ray Rice

Ahmad Bradshaw

Sidney Rice

Brent Celek

Ted Ginn Jr.

Vishante Shancoe

Greg Olsen

Pierre Thomas

Steve Breaston

Donnie Avery

I'd like to think of more names, but they excape me at the moment..

I figured Ochocinco for a bounce back and I own Miles Austin in every league I'm in (and began starting him for the first time the week he played KC). I figured TO for a decline and traded him away in the offseason.

I own Ryan Grant in every league, but got him at a value price, so he's performing about inline with where I took him.

I whiffed on VJax and Mike Sims-Walker as I cut both in the offseason thinking that I could get VJax cheaper via the auction and that Sims-Walker was so much dead weight. I was also hoping that Josh Morgan would impress while Crabtree was busy being a moran; I was wrong about that, too.