[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

need help from fellow commish's

RylenolFlu

Hey guys,

So in a 12 man league I have owner A (3rd place at 6-3) and owner B (11th place at 2-7). Owner A is offering Manningham + Burleson + McCfadden for Owner B's Ronnie Brown. We have 3 weeks left and in between them are 3 guys at 6-3, 1 at 5-4, 1 a 4-5, and 3 at 3-6.

Owner A has V Jax, Miles Austin, Burleson, Manningham, Gore, Slaton, Mccoy and Owner B has Roy Williams, Bryant Johnson, Bernard Berrian, Michael Turner, Tim Hightower, and Ronnie Brown.

My question is, given that it's so late in the season, do you guys see any reason to veto this trade? Should Owner B's chances of not making playoffs factor in at all? Really wrestling with this one and would appreciate some good input.

Thanks guys.

Edited by RylenolFlu

Why would you ever veto a trade? Who are you to decide what my team needs and his team wants?

And I also see no problem with the balance in this trade.

Oh, if you are guessing "collusion", then give us some facts to show that team 1 is paying off team 2 for this trade for some unobvious reason.

?????

Does your league have a rule for a trade deadline during the regular season? Most leagues do, but the fact that you are asking this question makes me think that maybe yours doesn't.

Hey Savage, yes, our trade deadline is November 20th. We run a 13 week regular season.

My question to all you commish's, is November 20th too late of a trade deadline for a 13 week regular season? Should it be a week earlier?

Is this a keeper league or a redraft league?

FWIW, I have no problem with a redraft league having a rule that once you are eliminated from any prize winning contention then you may not trade.

Note: I am not saying eliminated from playoff contention. Some leagues have weekly high score prizes, and what's wrong with making trades to try and win those prizes?

But then, I would not veto the trade. It's either allowable in the rules or it's not.

In a keeper league I definitely wouldn't blink an eye at the deal.

But wouldn't making playoffs and prize contention go hand in hand. I mean if you're in contention for playoffs aren't you also in contention for winning the 1st , 2nd, or 3rd place prize?

This is a redraft league by the way.

I'm really at a loss as to what to do here. The guy is 2-7 with a slim shot at making the playoffs and I laid down a ruling the year prior stating that guys out of playoff contention can't trade. But how do you determine if a guy is out of playoff contention?

But wouldn't making playoffs and prize contention go hand in hand. I mean if you're in contention for playoffs aren't you also in contention for winning the 1st , 2nd, or 3rd place prize?

This is a redraft league by the way.

I'm really at a loss as to what to do here. The guy is 2-7 with a slim shot at making the playoffs and I laid down a ruling the year prior stating that guys out of playoff contention can't trade. But how do you determine if a guy is out of playoff contention?

He's either eliminated or not. Do the math.

And again....some leagues have other types of prizes. I gave you an example in my post.

Hey guys,

So this has been one of the most tiring days I've had since becoming commish. The league managers are split down the middle on this trade 5 yay to 5 nay with the two owners getting no vote.

Have any of you ever been involved in a tie breaking scenario? If yes, how did you solve it?

Hey guys,

So this has been one of the most tiring days I've had since becoming commish. The league managers are split down the middle on this trade 5 yay to 5 nay with the two owners getting no vote.

Have any of you ever been involved in a tie breaking scenario? If yes, how did you solve it?

I would take a vote to overturn a trade requiring a majority vote. Since it is 50%/50% there is no majority so it would stand.

How is this even a question? Haha...this isn't even close to vetoable...I can't stand it when people veto trades bc it hurts their chances...who are you to say what an owner believes will happen in the future...this trade isn't that bad...burleson's been great, manningham's got upside and yeah mcfadden sucks but he has some upside too...def not vetoable.

a trade should only be vetoed if collusion has clearly or most likely has taken place.

So it's prior to the trade deadline. Falls within your "contenders" rule of still being playoff eligible. And lastly, you don't have a majority vote to overturn. I don't know what you're struggling with unless you happen to be taking your commish status way too seriously. Or is this your day job or something?

Seems to me you're struggling with the fact that two teams are trying to improve their competitiveness and they pose a threat to you or other "no" voting teams. Bottom line, the trade falls within every rule you've quoted so 2 more seconds of thought are 2 too many.

And I for one think November 20th is too late for a trade deadline in a 13 week season. Our trade deadline already passed in a 14 week season.

a trade should only be vetoed if collusion has clearly or most likely has taken place.

That’s rather non-committal of you isn’t it? I think the “most likely” part is what keeps these veto posts coming year after year.

Women are either pregnant or they’re not and trades are either collusion or they’re not. Until you have conclusive proof or an admission of guilt it not worth killing time over.

The day I get a trade vetoed is the day I quit said league.

If you don't like the way a guy is handling his team, then kick him out of the league next year. If he plays within your leagues rules, you have to let him control his team. Who are you or anybody else to think you can predict the future with any accuracy, especially in the NFL? Sounds like you've got five jealous owners that are upset that they weren't the ones that plucked Ronnie Brown for spare parts.

Edited by Seahawks21